Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for OG Xbox one players, and for Xbox one X players...and for everybody else

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1

Question for OG Xbox one players, and for Xbox one X players...and for everybody else

I play on the OG Xbox one with a Thrustmaster TX.

When I play in a private test the game plays great, great FFB, great steering response, and I can drive fairly good laptimes.

When I play in career, I struggle a LOT. FFB feels off, steering response feels off, (example, same car, same setup, almost same conditions, a corner needing 90 dergree steering angle in private testing, I suddenly need 110 degree steering angle in the same corner in career mode, just to get around it, resulting in weird car behaviour, oversteer etc.) and my laptimes dive up to 5 seconds a lap, way more on long tracks.
    I have the feeling it is because of the (lack of) power of the OG Xbox one.

-So my question to OG Xbox one players, do you have the same issues?
    -My question to the (as it seems from threads on the forum) happy Xbox One X players, is the difference between private testing and career, or races smaller (or better, gone!) on the X (please be honest, me buying the X or not largely depends on
    this answer)
    -My question to everybody else, do you encounter the same problems?
    -And finally a question for the Devs/Mods, will this be fixed for the OG Xbox, or is the OG Xbox one just not powerfull enough?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    I play on the OG Xbox one with a Thrustmaster TX.

When I play in a private test the game plays great, great FFB, great steering response, and I can drive fairly good laptimes.

When I play in career, I struggle a LOT. FFB feels off, steering response feels off, (example, same car, same setup, almost same conditions, a corner needing 90 dergree steering angle in private testing, I suddenly need 110 degree steering angle in the same corner in career mode, just to get around it, resulting in weird car behaviour, oversteer etc.) and my laptimes dive up to 5 seconds a lap, way more on long tracks.
    I have the feeling it is because of the (lack of) power of the OG Xbox one.

-So my question to OG Xbox one players, do you have the same issues?
    -My question to the (as it seems from threads on the forum) happy Xbox One X players, is the difference between private testing and career, or races smaller (or better, gone!) on the X (please be honest, me buying the X or not largely depends on
    this answer)
    -My question to everybody else, do you encounter the same problems?
    -And finally a question for the Devs/Mods, will this be fixed for the OG Xbox, or is the OG Xbox one just not powerfull enough?
    The problem is with too much AI on the track. Set up a customer race. Race with 5 AI then a full field and you will see a difference in lap times. Its a known issue.
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Juiced46 View Post
    The problem is with too much AI on the track. Set up a customer race. Race with 5 AI then a full field and you will see a difference in lap times. Its a known issue.
    I know, but is it also a issue on the one X?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    No, I race full fields against AI and don’t have this problem, I am a One X owner.

I DO however have the well known and documented problem of practice/qualifying grip and handling perfectly but race grip and handling extremely poor and unexpected (I.e. LiveTrack 3.0 in reverse).

Otherwise, I *heart* playing this game on the X.
    PSN: SeenTheCityPhish
    Xbox: TheNorthFace77
    The following 3 users likes this Post: chieflongshin, nissan4ever, zzjorzz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Never had a problem with full grids on the X , I upgraded from a standard PS4 because I felt that console was maxed out with this game and never looked back since .
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Zaskarspants, zzjorzz

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I know, but is it also a issue on the one X?
    The issue is still there, but too a lesser extent. I have certainly experienced issues at Red Bull GP with 31 cars in the Lamborgini Veneno as in the post below. It is the only track I have experienced any significant issue with and also maybe the only car, which is odd as the race I did prior to this was a GP3 Career Race at Nordschleife - Combined with 31 cars in the BMW M6 GT3. As this was the first and only real time I have experienced this, I did wonder if it was something particular with that car or car and track combination, as other cars at Red Bull Ring GP with 31 cars, there was less of an issue. I had hoped the mods would pass this to the devs with the hope that they could investigate it, so don't know if that has been passed on or swept under the carpet.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...orghini-Veneno
    The following user likes this Post: zzjorzz

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhishHead View Post
    No, I race full fields against AI and don’t have this problem, I am a One X owner.

I DO however have the well known and documented problem of practice/qualifying grip and handling perfectly but race grip and handling extremely poor and unexpected (I.e. LiveTrack 3.0 in reverse).

Otherwise, I *heart* playing this game on the X.
    Is this on all your races? Do all Xbox 1 X owners have this problem, or only some? Is this also a problem on the PC and PS4? Is there news of a solution?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Is this on all your races? Do all Xbox 1 X owners have this problem, or only some? Is this also a problem on the PC and PS4? Is there news of a solution?
    It is talked about lots that for sure but I have been unable to reproduce it, my test showed no variation across PQR recorded in one session with PP in a separate recording but also no issues, and the track felt fine. TT does tend to be a sec or two faster per min per lap no doubt due to the full rubbering in that is permanently present in tt.

In my experience and citing one specific recorded example I don't think this occurs in offline play. Online I have not investigated yet.

PQR - IIrc my times are about a second different max ish.

PP
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    On the original xbox i experienced ffb issues post patch 4 and as a result i bought an xbox one X which has transformed the gaming experience (for me) with strong consistent ffb irrespective of the grid sizes and its graphically smoother and sharper... An expensive option but it worked for me...

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It is a massive improvement over the OG that is for sure. With the issue I have experienced, I would not say it is completely fixed but it is close. Hoping that there is still some room for code optimisation and refactoring, if not then I can live with the once scenario I have found.

I am now playing on the PC with VR also. Words cannot describe how amazing that experience is. I was told it was amazing but that didn't prepare me for what I have found. SMS really has done a stunning job with that! By far the best VR Sim Racing Experience on the PC in terms of graphics and gameplay.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: beetes_juice, John Hargreaves