Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question for OG Xbox one players, and for Xbox one X players...and for everybody else

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    ^^^ I got the xbx mainly for pcars2 and thought that would be an end of it, now I find myself pricing up fanatec gear and wondering about getting a PC / VR.

I keep reading posts like yours above about VR, sounds so cool but omg the cost of it with the price of cards to run it. I am trying very hard to wait for the next gen of headsets and cards on the assumption it will be cheaper and better, hopefully...
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Robhd View Post
    On the original xbox i experienced ffb issues post patch 4 and as a result i bought an xbox one X which has transformed the gaming experience (for me) with strong consistent ffb irrespective of the grid sizes and its graphically smoother and sharper... An expensive option but it worked for me...
    Okay, can someone let me know what exactly are all of the issues are regarding Force Feedback with Fanatec wheel setup and the Xbox One? I have just invested in Fanatec gear was hoping that it has all the feel that the PC players get.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    ^^^ I got the xbx mainly for pcars2 and thought that would be an end of it, now I find myself pricing up fanatec gear and wondering about getting a PC / VR.

I keep reading posts like yours above about VR, sounds so cool but omg the cost of it with the price of cards to run it. I am trying very hard to wait for the next gen of headsets and cards on the assumption it will be cheaper and better, hopefully...
    I bought a Alienware gaming laptop, as I needed a new laptop and wanted a gaming PC, so it suited by needs. The VR scene is a bit of a minefield and I spend a lot of time researching, watching reviews and getting advice from other VR users and decided importing the Samsung Odyssey was the best fit for my needs.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    It is a massive improvement over the OG that is for sure. With the issue I have experienced, I would not say it is completely fixed but it is close. Hoping that there is still some room for code optimisation and refactoring, if not then I can live with the once scenario I have found.

I am now playing on the PC with VR also. Words cannot describe how amazing that experience is. I was told it was amazing but that didn't prepare me for what I have found. SMS really has done a stunning job with that! By far the best VR Sim Racing Experience on the PC in terms of graphics and gameplay.
    I hope there will be a VR option on the one X some day, so far I dont think Microsoft will implement it any time soon.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-6 View Post
    Okay, can someone let me know what exactly are all of the issues are regarding Force Feedback with Fanatec wheel setup and the Xbox One? I have just invested in Fanatec gear was hoping that it has all the feel that the PC players get.
    Sorry, can't help with the Fanatec kit as i am using Thrustmaster products.
    The following user likes this Post: Flat-6

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Flat-6 View Post
    There is no issue.

The only issue(which is not really a huge issue) is FFB through PC is much better than on Xbox.

Other then that, Fanatec stuff is working extremely well.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following user likes this Post: Flat-6

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks Robhd and Juiced46!
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    I hope there will be a VR option on the one X some day, so far I dont think Microsoft will implement it any time soon.
    Me too! I am hoping there will be an announcement at E3, if there is ever any kind of support I am sure it will be for the existing WMR Headsets, so if that is the case then I would be able to use mine on PC and Xbox which would be brilliant. Unfortunately it probably won't happen this generation.
    The following user likes this Post: zzjorzz

Platform
    XBOX1
    Based on my knowledge with the g920 on the og Xbox. Turn the fx down to 0, set the ai amount to below 15, and have time progression set to real time. Keep in mind this will make multiplayer, custom races and private testing work better. But career will still have the same problems. So in that case ditch it.
    The following user likes this Post: zzjorzz

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    I play on the OG Xbox one with a Thrustmaster TX.

When I play in a private test the game plays great, great FFB, great steering response, and I can drive fairly good laptimes.

When I play in career, I struggle a LOT. FFB feels off, steering response feels off, (example, same car, same setup, almost same conditions, a corner needing 90 dergree steering angle in private testing, I suddenly need 110 degree steering angle in the same corner in career mode, just to get around it, resulting in weird car behaviour, oversteer etc.) and my laptimes dive up to 5 seconds a lap, way more on long tracks.
    I have the feeling it is because of the (lack of) power of the OG Xbox one.

-So my question to OG Xbox one players, do you have the same issues?
    -My question to the (as it seems from threads on the forum) happy Xbox One X players, is the difference between private testing and career, or races smaller (or better, gone!) on the X (please be honest, me buying the X or not largely depends on
    this answer)
    -My question to everybody else, do you encounter the same problems?
    -And finally a question for the Devs/Mods, will this be fixed for the OG Xbox, or is the OG Xbox one just not powerfull enough?
    After having PC1 and checking out this forum after the release of PC2 I decided to put off buying PC2 until most of the bugs had been fixed. It seemed that it wasn't going to be possible to play this game without frustration on the OG xbox given the feedback here so waited until I could afford the one X. In Feb I bought the one X and PC2. The game has it's issues, but on the whole I can't say the purchase of the one X specifically for project cars was a mistake. The game runs flawlessly in career (known issues aside), FFB is good on my TX wheel and I have none of the issues reported to plague the OG Xbox. PC2 on the one X is the best racing experience available in my opinion, Forza 7 looks stunning on the one X but is nowhere near as good in terms of physics and FFB.

If you have the funds available the one X it's well worth it not just for PC2 but, in my opinion, for all the enhanced games available.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, nissan4ever, zzjorzz