Thread: low fps and tearing in the rain

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

low fps and tearing in the rain

Hi! I play on Xbox one X and I experienced low fps and tearing during rainy races, with approximately 20 cars on track. I experienced that at long beach or red bull ring for example.

I play with framerate mode so I'm a bit surprised...

Am I the only one or are they other people experiencing this kind of trouble?

Thank you,

Jules

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    No trouble here.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I use Enchanced visuals and don’t get many issues , None that are worth mentioning anyway. Do you have any thing else going off in the background on your Xbox ?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What track, grid size, time of day and what rain? Did you try it after today's update?
    Xbox One X!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi! Thank you very much for your answers.

I have no application working in the background of my xbox. It happens with normal rain, daytime, big grid (30). The tracks on which it happened till now are red bull ring, long beach, le mans, Oschersleben. But it's not exhaustive. I tried it again after patch 6 and it's the same. It's not so bad but it's kind of annoying because it's distracting (tearing and fps drop).

I think it's related to grid size (again). But I don't know what to do because I'm already on xbox one x and I already deleted the game and the saves and redownloaded it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by joulz View Post
    Hi! Thank you very much for your answers.

I have no application working in the background of my xbox. It happens with normal rain, daytime, big grid (30). The tracks on which it happened till now are red bull ring, long beach, le mans, Oschersleben. But it's not exhaustive. I tried it again after patch 6 and it's the same. It's not so bad but it's kind of annoying because it's distracting (tearing and fps drop).

I think it's related to grid size (again). But I don't know what to do because I'm already on xbox one x and I already deleted the game and the saves and redownloaded it.
    Just a thought but whatís it like if you run them races in Enchanced resolution or Visualls ? Iíve personally never used the Framerate option .

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cholton82 View Post
    Just a thought but what’s it like if you run them races in Enchanced resolution or Visualls ? I’ve personally never used the Framerate option .
    yes, i am on enhanced framerate and no issues here. Also try bringing the grid down to 21+yourself to see if it helps.
    Xbox One X!

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I am on Xbox One X using enhanced visuals mode and there are plenty of instances of frame drops and tearing. I have two Xbox One X's and it's the same on both of them.