Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 24 Hours of Le Mans Interest Thread

  1. #1
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1

    24 Hours of Le Mans Interest Thread

    Hi all!I am wondering if anyone is interested in a full length 24 hours of Le Mans. This thread is to debate interest,lobby settings etc.
    I will probably run it on https://simracersassociation.enjin.com but may run it on here if people would prefer that.
    The race would be split into 12 consecutive 2 hour lobbies and feature LMP1 LMP2 and LMGTE cars.
    At the end of each lobby it would be as if a Safety Car had happened.
    Teams would feature 3 drivers(maybe more but 3=Le Mans).
    Drivers could do no more than 4 hours in every 6,and 14 hours maximum.
    The LMP2 class may feature a mandatory Silver or Bronze driver.
    If you DSC or DNF from one lobby you can rejoin for the next one,but you may be several laps down.
    The event would provisionally run on the 21st and 22nd July 2018.


    PROVISIONAL TIMETABLE
    8th July 2018-Test Day
    15th July 2018-Entrylist Finalised
    18th July 2018-Qualifying 1
    19th July 2018-Qualifying 2
    20th July 2018-Qualifying 3
    21st July 2018-Race

    CAR LIST
    LMP1
    2016 Audi R18 e-tron quattro
    2016 Porsche 919 Hybrid
    2016 Toyota TS050 Hybrid
    LMP2
    2016 Ligier-Honda JSP2
    2016 Ligier-Judd JSP2
    2016 Ligier-Nissan JSP2
    2013 ORECA-Nissan 03
    LMGTE
    2014 Aston Martin Vantage GTE
    2016 BMW M6 GTLM
    2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
    2016 Ferrari 488 GTE
    2016 Ford GT GTE
    2017 Porsche 911 RSR

    For liveries I have a couple of ideas:
    -Use plain white liveries(PC Only)
    -Use IRL liveries.
    -Use all liveries.

    LOBBY SETTINGS
    (All provisional)
    Force Manual Gears: No
    Force Interior View: No
    Force Realistic Driving Aids: Yes
    Force Racing Line Off: Yes

    ENTRY
    To enter I suggest some things need to happen.
    One team member needs to enter the car.
    Each driver needs to Sign-Up separately.
    Should people enter as their Online ID or Actual Name?
    Teams need to be named.
    Drivers should need to do a TT.
    If Driver Rankings are used...
    Drivers should provide:
    a) a TT lap.
    b) a certain amount of consecutive clean laps.
    Last edited by Stewy32; 03-06-2018 at 10:59.

  2. #2
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1
    A shame that no one seems interested in this.I thought it would be fun.
    The following user likes this Post: Raklodder


  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot Rodders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    393
    Platform
    PC
    I've had it in my mind that I wanted to do an actual 24hrs (not simulated 24hrs) for a while now. I was waiting to see if driver swaps every got implemented but your idea sounds like a viable alternative.

    Hell of a lot of planning, testing and obviously getting drivers required. I'd love to say I'm on board to help get it running but simply don't have the time right at this moment.

    So to answer your question - I'm certainly interested if not ready to commit to those timelines. I'll do initial enquiries in my club to see how many people might be too and let you know.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

    i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32


  4. #4
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    193
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Project Cars is dead on the xbox. Better off joining someone who already runs Leagues.

  5. #5
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    284
    Platform
    PS4
    Instead of 12 2H races, you can have practice/qualifying rooms of longer than that. This let's drivers freely come and go from the room like a driver swap. You'd need each driver to take screenshots of the laps completed in their session before the driver leaves. At the end of the race, you add all the laps completed for each driver in every car. The car with the most laps completed wins. You'd need a steward to keep track of of the grid order for cars on the same lap. I participated in a league that ran endurance races this way, and it was highly successful.
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32


  6. #6
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    South Daytona
    Posts
    188
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Very interesting idea but you lost me at "xbox".

  7. #7
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I've had it in my mind that I wanted to do an actual 24hrs (not simulated 24hrs) for a while now. I was waiting to see if driver swaps every got implemented but your idea sounds like a viable alternative.

    Hell of a lot of planning, testing and obviously getting drivers required. I'd love to say I'm on board to help get it running but simply don't have the time right at this moment.

    So to answer your question - I'm certainly interested if not ready to commit to those timelines. I'll do initial enquiries in my club to see how many people might be too and let you know.
    Thanks.I'll probably delay it but I know people are busy throughout August(inc myself)

  8. #8
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Very interesting idea but you lost me at "xbox".
    No where it that piece do I mention Xbox.This would be for all 3 platforms.

  9. #9
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTyme214 View Post
    Instead of 12 2H races, you can have practice/qualifying rooms of longer than that. This let's drivers freely come and go from the room like a driver swap. You'd need each driver to take screenshots of the laps completed in their session before the driver leaves. At the end of the race, you add all the laps completed for each driver in every car. The car with the most laps completed wins. You'd need a steward to keep track of of the grid order for cars on the same lap. I participated in a league that ran endurance races this way, and it was highly successful.
    Nice idea.I just prefer to be able to visually see the order,and this would particularly help if we could find a streamer.

  10. #10
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,056
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by STaLLiOnO View Post
    Project Cars is dead on the xbox. Better off joining someone who already runs Leagues.
    This would be ran on all 3 platforms.

Similar Threads

  1. 24 Hours of Le Mans... Anybody?
    By takaii in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-06-2018, 19:40
  2. Le Mans 24 hours
    By Stewy32 in forum Multiplayer
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 18-01-2018, 19:03
  3. 2.4 hours of Le Mans (26/11/16)
    By Stewy32 in forum PS4 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-11-2016, 17:22
  4. 2.4 hours of Le Mans (26/11/16)
    By Stewy32 in forum XB1 - Multiplayer Event Planning
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 16:37
  5. Le Mans 24 Hours! WOW!
    By ArtameusTheGrandMaster in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-10-2015, 18:08

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •