Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheel/pad

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I went from a gamepad to wheel a couple of months ago. A little underwhelmed at first. Didn't really know what to expect, or how I wanted the FFB. Also, my TX was horribly notchy/grindy at first, then after a while it felt great. TRied a bunch of different settings. I think the wheel needed to be broken in. Took a while to settle in, and get used to both wheel and pedals, and FFB, and I was not faster in the beginning. Now, I would never go back to gamepad, so much more fun with a wheel, and better control over the car.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, XBox One OG, Samsung P2350 monitor

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Thanks for the replies, Playing on the pad again and much happier, the wheel has got to go.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Gout? Rough.
    Brake with the right foot?
    Yeah, it was rough... I made it worse by continuing to try and race and use my left foot. I'm not good at using one foot for throttle and brake, at least not at competitive speeds, so I just kept using the foot with sore toe. I should have just stopped racing until it went away, I probably prolonged the problem by continuing to race... ( that's how much I've been enjoying racing in PC2 ). I'm now taking medication to try and keep the gout away, I hope I don't have to deal with all that pain anytime soon... ( If you've never had gout, consider yourself very fortunate , imagine dropping a bowling ball on your bare toe, and having that pain continue for a week or more )
    Playstation 4, Playseat Challenge, and Logitech G29 wheel

Platform
    PS4
    My younger brother, dad and best mate all have gout. It's bad.
    I'm doing my best to avoid it with diet and exercise. Diabetes and gout are both common in my family, both sides.
    I had a knee operation years ago and was supposed to be on crutches and out of the drivers seat for minimum 2 weeks. After 6 days I got bored and went for a drive. I couldn't turn my right knee to press the brake, so I kept my right foot on the throttle and started to left foot brake. Got smooth with it.
    Can be done in reverse: I don't suppose you left foot brake on the street
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    What wheel did you get? It's hard to imagine a decent wheel being less satisfying than a pad, but maybe a cheap one may not be great. Do you have pedals too (I guess you would have, but you didn't say)? Getting over the learning curve can be a bit tricky, but I couldn't imagine going back either for sim racing (it's ok for arcade games or racing the AI where you don't need to be so accurate).
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshireboy View Post
    Thanks for the replies, Playing on the pad again and much happier, the wheel has got to go.
    What wheel? I call BS. Any ffb wheel is better than pad. Even a cheapo G29 is in another league from pad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave White View Post
    What wheel did you get? It's hard to imagine a decent wheel being less satisfying than a pad, but maybe a cheap one may not be great.
    +1
    Curious to know. I can see a non-ffb wheel not being that great.
    G29 FFB RAW 95-50-5-0

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following 3 users likes this Post: davidt33, leeroy98, Zaskarspants