Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC] Patch 6.0 Discussion thread

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    USB energy saving settings disabled?
    OSW Lenze servo 29Nm, Fanatec Clubsport shifter (H-gated), Heusinkvelt SIM Pedals PRO, selfmade Sim-RIG, triple 40" 1080p TV, 2x Ignitioncontrols button boxes

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Tried to recreate the problem, but ended up witha totaly different one.
    Got into a qualy session. But I couldn't leave the pits (Old bug. sure. still a bug) and all the other cars were slowly sliding past me _sideways_ on the pitlane with tyres screeching.
    We laughed about it in chat and expected it to be gone once the race starts.
    qualy ends.
    "Waiting....." for 10 minutes.
    Then I get a "Continue" button. but nothing happens when i click it. Nothing happens when i click other players either. I just get the clicking sound. And then I realize there is no way for me to leave the session. tab out and kill it manualy again. This is realy getting tedious.
    I'm gona go for another clean install and remove cloud storage and everything as I was suggested in PM, and see if that works. The game is not playable the way it currently is.

I have over 100 hours logged in the game and have never had these problems before the recent patch.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Complete clean reinstall. Removed the config folders in My Documents. Removed cloud storage in steam. Reinstalled the controller firware aswell just to be sure. Removed all power saving settings on USB routers.

Start up the game and configure my settings. Take it for a practice session around imola. Seems to be working fine.
    Then I went to "browse online" and as soon as the lobby list appears, the controller turns unresponsive. I mouse back out and start a new practice session, where I end up sitting in the pit unable to do anything. dead.

Sooo anything else you want me to try?

And to clarify. The controller works fine as soon as I shut down the game again. In fact, right now the game is still runing and not taking controller input. But I can launch the controller calibration app and see that it's sending data just fine. It is ONLY PCars 2 that doesn't handle it.
    I've spent most of the day in AC with the same controller and had zero issues there.
    Last edited by Ashaz; 10-06-2018 at 22:25.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post

I have over 100 hours logged in the game and have never had these problems before the recent patch.
    This is worth repeating aswell.

Platform
    PC
    Anything that changed on your system at the same time that patch 6 was released?
    Do you have another controller that you can test or borrow?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    Teach how to think, not what to think

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Anything that changed on your system at the same time that patch 6 was released?
    Do you have another controller that you can test or borrow?
    Nothing changed on the system, no.
    I've got another older controller to try, sure. Although I have to say, at this point, things really don't seem to point at the controller itself.
    Not always, but some times the game stops responding entirely and crashes after a while. Haven't really explored that though since there is little reason to stick around in game after the controller stops responding.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashaz View Post
    Nothing changed on the system, no.
    I've got another older controller to try, sure. Although I have to say, at this point, things really don't seem to point at the controller itself.
    Not always, but some times the game stops responding entirely and crashes after a while. Haven't really explored that though since there is little reason to stick around in game after the controller stops responding.
    I talked to a guy who's using a standard XBox360 controller evey day with the game and has experienced zero issues with the latest patch. So I think for now we should try and find out whether it's a local issue.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    I talked to a guy who's using a standard XBox360 controller evey day with the game and has experienced zero issues with the latest patch. So I think for now we should try and find out whether it's a local issue.
    I recreated the problem with the old gamepad.
    Same porcedure. Did a practice race for a few laps. Went to Browse Online. As soon as that menu loads the controller is no longer responding. Defenately something happening in the session change.

Just to be clear, It is not always in that exact session change, but it always seem to happen in the transition between two menues.

Platform
    PC
    What kind of USB port(s) are you using?

and would you mind adding your PC specs (including windows version) to your signature so I don't have to go hunting for them in previous posts.. help us to help you

As far as the controller problems go, I've got several hundred hours in PC2 on a 360 pad and not had that issue... a couple of times I've had the thing get to some weird state and not been able to drive at all (but never with the public build), but I've never had it change and drop out mid game.

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 6T Black, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - Gigabyte GM-M6880X Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - EVGA RTX2060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad