Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: [PC] Patch 6.0 Discussion thread

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    would be great if some "insider" like @Yorkie065 could give us any info about possible changes in BoP of car groups used in competitive
    The following user likes this Post: sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    And it is not just/only the color. Also the car/track physics-behavior has been improved. First lap cautious, 2nd lap cruizing and 3rd lap GO,GO,GO. Looks like it is better balanced now, Or placebo?

Also noticed improvement in (VR) replay. Is it correct the floating trackside camera's disappeared?
    Last edited by BrainsBush; 04-06-2018 at 10:27.
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, Fanatec SQ1.5 H shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim, TH8A shifter
    The following 2 users likes this Post: rocho, TexasTyme214

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Or placebo?
    Nope...i've seen other reports of this...
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following user likes this Post: BrainsBush

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    - when AI takes over after last lap in qualifier, the transition is now smooth again

- licence: seems to me its now even harder to geather points (no big deal to me though ):
    -- 8 lap race on hockenheim classic with mclaren gt3: last 4 laps on P2 and finished P2 -> no points added or lost, P1 had lower licence than me (8 of 11 participants left the session during race)
    -- 10 lap race on hockenheimring, mclaren gt3: whole race on P2 and finished P2 -> this normaly would have gained me 1-3 points -> lost 3 points, P1 had lower licence than me (2 of 5 participants left the session during race)

- penalty system is now even more subtile, i asked myself in race if it is on at all

thx for constantly improving this fine simulator !!!!!!
    i7 7700K@4200GHz - MSI GTX 1080ti Armor 11GB OC - 16BG DDR4@2400GHz Crucial - LG 49" TV@50Hz - fanatec CSW V2.5 + pedals V3 - fritzbox router
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by bigj_pcars View Post
    - when AI takes over after last lap in qualifier, the transition is now smooth again

<snip>

thx for constantly improving this fine simulator !!!!!!
    Nice, although it didn't happen often to me, but when it did... it usually went with a bang (crash).
    This thread is the only thing keeping me going 'till this evening... I wish I didn't have to work on Mondays (or T,W,T,F,S)
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Konan, morpwr, pferreirag60

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Soft tyres seem to warm up fast, get quick fast, but also the heat up/overheat a lot easier, quickly losing time..That said they seriously turn in awesome on the GT cars now.. Lap 2 and 3 are blinding.. past that their cooked - im noticing a tendancy to understeer lap 4/5 but then i only ever got the to 1.74psi on my setup (and they got over inflated) post patch im pushing 1.82.. so they are certainly heating up a lot more (And over inflating quicker). Also their nigh near impossible to cool down. But then ill have to test more (potentially brake ducts) need changing more in hotter than historically needed

Some of our league actually switched to hard for 8 lap races as they held more consistent temperature, and hence held better consistency in laptimes.

Love the new tyre colours.. much easier to read.

I also noticed in the monitor their is now a "BACK" button.. so you can click it, rather than not knowing what to do (Right click did work), but now its obvious.

Clicking gear ratio changes now works first click - sometimes it used to need 2 clicks to get it to change and/or it changed but didnt visually update.

Just some of the things i noted..Ill do some more prolific testing tomorrow.
    CPU : I7-7700k, 16gb Gskill 3200 DDR4 Ram. GTX 1070
    3x27" AOC Monitors, G29, with custom perfect pedal mod.
    The following 12 users likes this Post: Asturbo, BrainsBush, cluck, Fight-Test, FxUK, Konan, Mark Race, morpwr, OddTimer, PostBox981, rocho, TexasTyme214

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Sorry for further contributing on this, it will be my only post about the patch politics:

Think about this, when we did get very detailed patch notes, those made everybody happy, people were praising SMS for those notes and I don't think it had any disadvantage regarding the community responses. Obviously they are not stupid and if possible they would love to keep those praises coming, so apparently there does exist a very important reason for stopping releasing detailed patch notes. My guess is they still have not completely described to us that reason, and most probably they cannot and should not describe it, otherwise what they are achieving now would not be a thing anymore. We, the customers, are not the only ones that read the forums/announcements probably...

Anyway, not having a detailed change list is (some times very) annoying for us and causes problems when trying to understand changes in the game after patches, but we survived the previous one, let's try doing that for patch 6 as well, thinking that it's anyway for the greater good!
    The following 12 users likes this Post: Asturbo, charliev69, FxUK, jan.ringas, Konan, Maskmagog, MaximusN, morpwr, repsol23, RoccoTTS, Sankyo, Tank621

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    ....And that is a fine post to get back on topic with
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cpcdem, John Hargreaves, Tank621

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Driving in the rain seems better, i tended to have given up with wet weather so its been a while but my initial thoughts are positive with this. I didn't test it out properly but puddles are less crazy & seem to build up slower. I did not test Ai in the wet. Also not sure if anything was done with random weather being a bit too random.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: rocho

Platform
    PC
    Thread cleaned up.
    Off topic discussion can be found here.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 8 users likes this Post: Bigger Than Dave, cluck, cpcdem, Klaus Weber, Konan, Sankyo, Tank621, wesker6664