Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Patch discussion off topic [from PC Patch 6 discussion thread]

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Superkart Pilot MaXyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    991
    Platform
    PC

    Patch discussion off topic [from PC Patch 6 discussion thread]

    Today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.
    In fact PC2 is the only sim which receives no change-logs to its builds.

    Last edited by MaXyM; 04-06-2018 at 13:34.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit
    The following user likes this Post: m00lean


  2. #2
    GT4 Pilot Tank621's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Essex/Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,445
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    In fact today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.

    What?

    Do you think that they stop working for 2 weeks after a patch releases?

    You do know patches have to be approved before they can be released right?
    Last edited by Tank621; 04-06-2018 at 13:39.
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    Tank's Tank Talk- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Tom Curtis


  3. #3
    Superkart Pilot MaXyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    991
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    What?

    Do you think that they stop working for 2 weeks after a patch releases?
    No. As you can see in attached image, recent build is from last Friday, so obviously they are working on subsequent patch.
    I just provided information to members who don't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.

    Also I don't think so, the reason put with Patch5 is still valid for P6:
    Quote Originally Posted by Konan View Post
    Get over it will you...the reason why has been given since last patch.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 04-06-2018 at 13:42.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

  4. #4
    GT4 Pilot Tank621's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Essex/Manchester UK
    Posts
    2,445
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    No. As you can see in attached image, recent build is from last Friday, so obviously they are working on subsequent patch.
    I just provided information to members who doesn't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.
    Yeah but what does that have to do with patch notes?
    SAVE BELLE VUE STADIUM- https://www.change.org/p/save-belle-vue-stadium
    Tank's Tank Talk- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Konan


  5. #5
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,660
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote from Nathan :

    As I mentioned previously, we will no longer be releasing fix-by-fix patch notes. I can't fully go into detail why, but just know that it's much more efficient for us internally this way, so this is how it will be going forward. We hope you guys enjoy the new update. Happy racing.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

  6. #6
    Moderator Konan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    12,660
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Ok...eal'd...lol
    Last edited by Konan; 04-06-2018 at 13:48.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!

  7. #7
    Moderator Bealdor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Leipzig
    Posts
    9,394
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    No. As you can see in attached image, recent build is from last Friday, so obviously they are working on subsequent patch.
    I just provided information to members who don't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.

    Also I don't think so, the reason put with Patch5 is still valid for P6:
    The devs gave their reasoning in the latest patch notes:

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Bell View Post
    As I mentioned previously, we will no longer be releasing fix-by-fix patch notes. I can't fully go into detail why, but just know that it's much more efficient for us internally this way, so this is how it will be going forward. We hope you guys enjoy the new update. Happy racing.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

    The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

    Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

    PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

  8. #8
    Moderator Sankyo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    The Netherlands
    Posts
    7,881
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.
    In fact PC2 is the only sim which receives no change-logs to its builds.

    Are you here just to find reasons to bash SMS?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

    With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    I'd rather have questions that cannot be answered than answers that cannot be questioned - Richard Feynman
    The following 7 users likes this Post: amazed, Fight-Test, Invincible, Konan, morpwr, Tank621, Zaskarspants


  9. #9
    Superkart Pilot FxUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    667
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Today's patch is 2 weeks old already. So it looks like reasons for which SMS doesn't provide detailed change log are not valid anymore.
    In fact PC2 is the only sim which receives no change-logs to its builds.
    Its not ideal, even a bit more detail would be helpful... but don't worry about it.
    It's not really our job to scrutinise the changes, nor is it something critical we rely on for "business" etc, its for entertainment/pleasure.

    Play the game, if you notice something new/fixed, sweet (+ post about it, so I can read it lol) and if you notice an issue, again, post about it, so the dev's get to see. Or Don't. Simples.

    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    I just provided information to members who don't know (because don't track steamdb), that technically, the PC patch was ready 2 weeks ago.
    Ready... or in testing? Big difference.
    Last edited by FxUK; 04-06-2018 at 13:45.
    RWB Racing International

    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec Podium DD2 & CSv3 pedals CS Shifter, Rift S / 4K XB321HK / Triple XB271HU 1440p screens. i9 9900k, 32gb Ram, 2080ti, Samsung m2 ssd, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, Throne Thumper, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe, Rseat S1
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300


  10. #10
    Superkart Pilot MaXyM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    991
    Platform
    PC
    It doesn't. And that's the point.
    MSI Z270 Tomahawk | i5 7600K@4.9GHz | 16GB RAM | Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH | MSI GTX1080Ti + Accelero Xtreme IV | HTC Vive | TX+custom wheel+t3pa Pro | custom cockpit

Similar Threads

  1. [XB1] Patch 5.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 192
    Last Post: 21-11-2018, 12:28
  2. [PS4] Patch 4.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (PS4)
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 08-08-2018, 23:38
  3. [PS4] Patch 5.0 discussion thread
    By Konan in forum Technical Help & Support (PS4)
    Replies: 94
    Last Post: 08-05-2018, 11:04
  4. [XB1] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (XBOX1)
    Replies: 98
    Last Post: 09-02-2018, 11:32
  5. [PS4] Patch 3.0 Discussion thread
    By Bealdor in forum Technical Help & Support (PS4)
    Replies: 342
    Last Post: 06-02-2018, 08:58

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •