Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Setup Requests for Consoles(pictures) Post Patch 6.0

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fumirossi_46 View Post
    Thanks. That is interesting. My default setup time is on the same level, like this run. I thougth there are some couple of 1/10 sec in the setup, but maybe I should look for them in my driving.
    But I will make a try, if it helps to improve my time.

It is great what you are doing with this help for console owners and a huge thanks for it.
    Hi, it kind of depends on the track with this car. At the more popular tracks like Imola and Monza the Custom setups appear to have a half second advantage over the Default setups.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by blinkngone View Post
    Hi, it kind of depends on the track with this car. At the more popular tracks like Imola and Monza the Custom setups appear to have a half second advantage over the Default setups.
    Yeah, that's about how much you can gain usually with setups in the TC cars, without closing the radiator which gives another 2-3 tenths. In Long Beach, due to the long straights, I think it would make sense to drop downforce to 1 or 2 to gain a couple or more tenths there, although of course this will make it harder for cornering. Always a compromise, it's one of my favorite tracks with my favorite car, so I will look into doing a setup for it tonight.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Yeah, that's about how much you can gain usually with setups in the TC cars, without closing the radiator which gives another 2-3 tenths. In Long Beach, due to the long straights, I think it would make sense to drop downforce to 1 or 2 to gain a couple or more tenths there, although of course this will make it harder for cornering. Always a compromise, it's one of my favorite tracks with my favorite car, so I will look into doing a setup for it tonight.
    Thank you very much.
    Bikes wrecked-77 Suzuki RM125, 78 Honda Elsinore 250, 81 Honda CB900F, 2000 Kawsaki ZX12R(2), 2001 Honda F4I, 2005 Yamaha R1. A bike hasn't been made I couldn't wreck, spectacularly, but I'm retired now.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Glad to help . I gave it a try with downforce at 1, brake bias at 47-53 for better turn in, 2 clicks shorter gears 2 and 3 (for the first and the 90 degree corners) and lower tire pressures at 1.40 cold, this gave me around 2-3 extra tenths for a 1:22.6. Closing the radiator to 0 gives another 2 tenths or so.

@fumirossi_46, if 1 downforce is too little, you can try with 2 and maybe also increase the rear ARB a click or two for better turn in. But the most time to be gained in this track is by maintaining as much speed as possible through the corners, going back to (not full) throttle asap after braking. Tuning only gave me a few tenths, but maybe faster players can gain much more time by using even looser setups...
    The following user likes this Post: fumirossi_46

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Great. And the base was the loose or the stable one?
    Closing the radiator won’t result the engines overheating?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cpcdem View Post
    Glad to help . I gave it a try with downforce at 1, brake bias at 47-53 for better turn in, 2 clicks shorter gears 2 and 3 (for the first and the 90 degree corners) and lower tire pressures at 1.40 cold, this gave me around 2-3 extra tenths for a 1:22.6. Closing the radiator to 0 gives another 2 tenths or so.

@fumirossi_46, if 1 downforce is too little, you can try with 2 and maybe also increase the rear ARB a click or two for better turn in. But the most time to be gained in this track is by maintaining as much speed as possible through the corners, going back to (not full) throttle asap after braking. Tuning only gave me a few tenths, but maybe faster players can gain much more time by using even looser setups...
    Thanks cpcdem, I posted it up in the 7.0 thread in case anyone else is interested. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1546587

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by fumirossi_46 View Post
    Great. And the base was the loose or the stable one?
    Closing the radiator won’t result the engines overheating?
    Hey, he is at 75% which is Default. Yes 0 will overheat but you gain time on fast straights so open it only as much as necessary for the number of laps you are running to keep speed up in the straights. FYI most setups from PC TT are Default Loose, Stable was originally intended for Gamepad and Consoles. Eventually Conoles got the Loose setups as well.
    Check out this thread. I will try and find more. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1480474

Not related to the Megane but if you are looking at Career check out Sloppy's thread. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...er-Tunes-(G29)
    Last edited by blinkngone; Yesterday at 16:00.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: cpcdem, fumirossi_46