Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Physics of Spirit of Le Mans DLC

Platform
    PC
    you know, the LMP1 cars DOES have a 100% boost button. in the case of the Toyota TS050, that button is called Boost OVR(for Override). which gives you instantly 100% of the hybrid boost. you also have the Boost CNL button which cuts the hybrid deployment as long as you don't push the button again to authorize the hybrid boost. so, the usage of a push to engage hybrid button, is not 100% accurate, but it is used. mainly for overtaking slower cars
    Last edited by CastrolGT; 02-08-2018 at 13:57.
    the only losers are the ones who give up. but that doesn't mean that you don't have to surpass yourself.
    CastrolGT aka Mach
    T500RS + stiffened pedals and permanent DIY hydraulic brake upgrade
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    What are the optimum tire pressures for the Vintage Prototypes (Porsche 917, Ferrari 512, etc) supposed to be?
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Platform
    PC
    I have been going for the "Vintage GT" tyre pressure recommendation which is 1.8 bar/26 psi both front and rear and it seems to work okay. On the other hand, when I start a TT session in the Ferrari 512S I get slightly different pressures at the start (canīt remember exactly) which I believe to be the optimum pressure settings. Not 100% sure though.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following user likes this Post: Jezza819

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by PostBox981 View Post
    I have been going for the "Vintage GT" tyre pressure recommendation which is 1.8 bar/26 psi both front and rear and it seems to work okay. On the other hand, when I start a TT session in the Ferrari 512S I get slightly different pressures at the start (canīt remember exactly) which I believe to be the optimum pressure settings. Not 100% sure though.
    I haven't touched the tire pressures on any of those cars since they came out but I noticed one of the Ferraris, I don't know which one, had the rears at about 34lbs when hot and I got to thinking that couldn't be right. But Casey's tire pressure thread got locked before this DLC came out so I wasn't sure either what they should be. I'll try your numbers and see how it goes.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals
    The following user likes this Post: PostBox981

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Yeah, reading further would have explained your reasoning behind it, not the lazyness in implementation in all hybrid cars... The Porsche 918 road cars hybrid system works nothing like it does IRL, you can't run out of hybrid deployment in that car so long as there are breaking zones. Yet in this game you can't make it around the "Ring" without running out... Also, just use the example of Assetto Corsa's implementation of the hybrid systems. They have different modes for recovery, and deployment and on cars that should feature it. Why be lazy in the development of these cars? It just makes them not realistic, and that isn't something you should be striving for when making a racing sim. Assetto Corsa did this with a much smaller team, so the reasoning here is nonsense.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Netminder View Post
    Yeah, reading further would have explained your reasoning behind it, not the lazyness in implementation in all hybrid cars... The Porsche 918 road cars hybrid system works nothing like it does IRL, you can't run out of hybrid deployment in that car so long as there are breaking zones. Yet in this game you can't make it around the "Ring" without running out... Also, just use the example of Assetto Corsa's implementation of the hybrid systems. They have different modes for recovery, and deployment and on cars that should feature it. Why be lazy in the development of these cars? It just makes them not realistic, and that isn't something you should be striving for when making a racing sim. Assetto Corsa did this with a much smaller team, so the reasoning here is nonsense.

The 918 isn't part of this DLC, so you should move that discussion to the proper thread:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...y-non-existent
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Ringley View Post
    It's June. Time for endurance racing.

Audi R18 e-tron quattro (2016): Being that the car was retired after 2016, Audi went the extra mile and provided some impressive reference material for this one; something of a rarity for top-level, high-tech cars. It was possible to fill in the few remaining gaps with data from the 2014 car and make a model which I feel is a very good representation of the real thing in our systems.

Engine is the same 4.0L turbo diesel they have been using for 6 years with constant, little updates for the regulations. By 2016, being in the 6MJ hybrid that meant reduced fuel flow so it would only make about 520hp peak and it holds that from 3500-4250rpm, which is the entire rev range you use. The ICE drives the rear wheels through a 6-speed sequential (down from 7 in previous years) with ratios that, best I can tell, didn't change through the entire season. We have added in a couple alternate final drive ratios in ours to cater to the wider variety of tracks.

Hi, I'd like to know which are the "a couple alternate final drive ratios" (among 2.024, 2.185, 2.315): is the real one jut the 2.024?
    Thanks