Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The LeMans vintage track is the true star of the new DLC. who's with me?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

The LeMans vintage track is the true star of the new DLC. who's with me?

Everybody's celebrating the new cars. I get it, they're awesome. But as far as I can tell everyone's ignoring the vintage LeMans track. Even on this link http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...of-Le-Mans-DLC which breaks down the DLC content - not a single mention of the track.

And to me, the vintage track is the true momentous achievement featured here. Alongside with Spa and Monza vintage, it allows you step back in time. To drive something that is literally impossible for anyone to do anymore. Denied to professional race car drivers and fans alike simply because this version of the track doesn't exist anymore. It's lost to time and history. This track is a time machine.

Even more so, I think it's the first time it's been feature in any sim that I can think of. There's been recreations of historic tracks in previous games. GP Legends covered a lot of the basics. Nordschleife, Monaco, Spa. Newer games have covered a lot of the same tracks - AC has classic Monza. rFactor's got mods for classic monaco. Forza 7 has versions of modern LeMans w/o the chicanes.

But this might be the first time LeMans has been given the honor. To blast past the pits that are no longer there, to go full thruttle down the Mulsanne straight as it undulates up and down the hills with no downforce. To experience a sunset and sunrise as the true lunatics of motorsport did 40, 50 years ago.

Bravo SMS

EDIT- I'm not alone! I just saw another person make a post about this. Good! Let's merge the two threads
    Last edited by Javaniceday; 05-06-2018 at 23:31.

Platform
    PC
    I'm with ya brother.....the film "LeMans" had an big impact on me and this DLC is a dream come true. rFactor had these cars and this track, but with all due respect, not on this level.
    I just did some night driving and you almost outrun the headlights. You really have to learn your turn-in and braking points. I'm looking forward to some wet running.....at night......in traffic........
    "How close do you want me to follow the Formula 1 cars?" - Vittorio Brambilla - Safety Car Driver
    "I don't mind, just don't be in the lead at the end of the first lap." - Prof. Syd Watkins - F1 Medical Chief

i5-8600k @4.7GHz - Noctua NH-15D Coolage - AsRock Z370 Extreme4 - eVGA GTX 1070 8GB - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 - Crystal Sound 2 - Fractal Design Define R6 Case - BenQ XR3501 curved - Windows 10 64 Home - Accuforce SimXperience Wheel - SMZ1 w/Z1 Dashboard screen or MOMO MonteCarlo rims - Main Performance PC SimPedals - Fanatec CSS 7sp manual - DSD Short Throw Sequential - DSD Button Box - Obutto Race Frame and Seat
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hugo Catarino, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Everybody's celebrating the new cars. I get it, they're awesome. But as far as I can tell everyone's ignoring the vintage LeMans track. Even on this link http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...of-Le-Mans-DLC which breaks down the DLC content - not a single mention of the track.

And to me, the vintage track is the true momentous achievement featured here. Alongside with Spa and Monza vintage, it allows you step back in time. To drive something that is literally impossible for anyone to do anymore. Denied to professional race car drivers and fans alike simply because this version of the track doesn't exist anymore. It's lost to time and history. This track is a time machine.

Even more so, I think it's the first time it's been feature in any sim that I can think of. There's been recreations of historic tracks in previous games. GP Legends covered a lot of the basics. Nordschleife, Monaco, Spa. Newer games have covered a lot of the same tracks - AC has classic Monza. rFactor's got mods for classic monaco. Forza 7 has versions of modern LeMans w/o the chicanes.

But this might be the first time LeMans has been given the honor. To blast past the pits that are no longer there, to go full thruttle down the Mulsanne straight as it undulates up and down the hills with no downforce. To experience a sunset and sunrise as the true lunatics of motorsport did 40, 50 years ago.

Bravo SMS

EDIT- I'm not alone! I just saw another person make a post about this. Good! Let's merge the two threads
    Agree , this track is really nice .

rF2 has a great 1967 LeMans mod ! Its a absolute gem !
    GPU: Galax GTX 1080Ti EXOC/ CPU: Intel i7 7700K @ 4.9GHz(So Far!)/ Cooler: Noctua NH-u14s / Mobo: Asrock z170 Extreme4/ RAM: 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz/ PSU: Coolermaster V750/ Storage: 2TB WD / Kingston 120GB SSD/250GB Evo 850 SSD/ Case: Storm Enforcer/ OS: Win 10/ Display: Sony 55" @ 3840x2160p / Wheel: Fanatec CSW v2 / McLaren GT3 / CS Universal Hub with magnetic shifter Mod/ Pedals: CSR Elite/ FTW / VR: Oculus Rift / : 2ndLastJedi
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BrainsBush, Eric Rowland

Platform
    PS4
    Haven't done a full lap of the track yet but the whole DLC pack is incredible.
    The classic le mans stars, the modern machinery, the old track...
    In saying that, the old track now gives a real place for the LH/Long tail/ LM spec prototypes and GTs to really open the taps.
    For example I always felt the downforce spec Group C cars worked better at modern LM, not the LM versions.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    For that highlighted reason I'm even more sentimental for Rouen-Les Essarts being in the game. That track is completely lost to time with the pits and grand stands completely gone, sections of track tarmac that are no more and whatever remains of it is used as a modern public road. There is an awesome video on YouTube where 2 Dutch guys on a motorbike go to France to check out where the circuit used to be. It's in Dutch, sorry for that, but might still be worth looking at:

For all the other historical tracks in Project CARS 2, at least they are all still used as a racing circuit today, of course with plenty of changes to the layout.

Back to the DLC, for me the historical circuit sure is the star of the pack as well, together with the 917K, 917LH, 512 M & 512 S to use on it. But I'm also very pleased we finally get the big 3 LMP1-H cars in the game as well. I don't even race LMP1 that much (2 fast for my taste) but it's great to have them, and with the multi-class system you can still enjoy them without even driving them. You can now create the combination of LMP1-H 2016 + LMP2 + GTE which is a really nice representation of Le Mans in the last couple of years without having RWD and Marek spoiling the fun.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    The track is very nice. When the content of the DLC was announced I was a little disappointed and didn't really consider a vintage Le Mans as being a new track but merely a variant of an existing one, but have to say that it does look very different to the modern version. SMS have done a great job with this track, and the fact that the had added a couple of additional cars that was a nice bonus.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Agree! Love the classic tracks. Also Hockenheim
    PC: Omen i7-1080ti, OculusCV1, 43" 4K screen and Optoma 1080p beamer
    NextLevelRacing GT Ultimate v2 & V3 motion platform + Fanatec CSL Elite & LC pedals, Fanatec SQ1.5 H shifter

PS4Pro, T300GTE, T3PA, 599xx wheel / F1 rim, TH8A shifter

Platform
    PC
    Love the track, sooo much better without those pesky chicanes
    System specs i7 4790k with Cryorig H7 cooler, Gigabyte 797P-D3 motherboard, EVGA GTX 1080 sc2, XFX 650w gold PSU, Seagate 1TB 7200 rpm ss hd, Cooler Master Master Case Pro 6, Thrustmaster t300 GTE wheel, Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer wheel, Fanatec clubsport v3 pedals and Thrustmaster TH8A shifter, Acer-H2777HU 1440P 27" monitor.
    The following user likes this Post: Eric Rowland

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I like corners.(foot to the floor for what seems like ages = yawn). for me the new LeMans is a better track, but the old track is much more different in layout than I expected and will no doubt grow on me like the classic Monza & Hockenheim have.

I like the corners with the berms on them. Interesting when you forget they are coming until the last minute and end up on 2 wheels getting round..
    The following user likes this Post: shiftee

Platform
    PC
    Its deffo the highlight for me. The modern LMP are meh for me, the vintage cars are great. The track is amazing. So much better to drive than the modern circuit (I don't even care about the lack of chicanes on the Mulsanne)!
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Eric Rowland, Plato99, Tank621