Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The LeMans vintage track is the true star of the new DLC. who's with me?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Anyone run the LM spec group C cars there yet? That’s got to be hair raising.

A.I: 120% Skill, 100 aggression.
    Twitter: Gregz0r
    i7-7700K, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC Black Edition.

Platform
    PC
    loved the sound of the cars at the start, that was cool
    * HTC VIVE * i5-6600k * ASUS GTX1080 8GB TURBO * Crucial 16GB DDR4-2400 * MSI Z170A M5 * Fanatec CSL Elite w/P1 wheel * Fanatec CS Pedals v3 * Fanatec CS Shifter SQ v1.5 * TH8A analog handbrake * Playseat Evolution *
    PC2Tuner is amazing

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz0r View Post

A.I: 120% Skill, 100 aggression.
    Nice dive bomb end of the straight on lap 1 there. I was sure you were going in the wall!
    236MPH. You can do better
    G29 FFB RAW 95-35-5-5

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?
    The following user likes this Post: Gregz0r

Platform
    PC
    The Can-Am 917/10 is amazing at Vintage LeMans. Hosted a couple of races last night and had a load of fun. Got it up to 243mph last night/no draft.
    This track is incredible. There was a LeSarthe version for the Nascar 2003 GTP mod that we ran like crazy. I always thought it was a converted GPL track, but maybe I'm wrong?

Like the NR2003 conversion, I can imagine running a zillion laps on this Vintage LeMans beast. So glad to see this added to the already great content for PCars2.

Thanks, SMS. This is AWESOME!!
    Last edited by Deathbox_2112; 06-06-2018 at 15:56.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Javaniceday View Post
    Everybody's celebrating the new cars. I get it, they're awesome. But as far as I can tell everyone's ignoring the vintage LeMans track. Even on this link http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...of-Le-Mans-DLC which breaks down the DLC content - not a single mention of the track.

And to me, the vintage track is the true momentous achievement featured here. Alongside with Spa and Monza vintage, it allows you step back in time. To drive something that is literally impossible for anyone to do anymore. Denied to professional race car drivers and fans alike simply because this version of the track doesn't exist anymore. It's lost to time and history. This track is a time machine.

Even more so, I think it's the first time it's been feature in any sim that I can think of. There's been recreations of historic tracks in previous games. GP Legends covered a lot of the basics. Nordschleife, Monaco, Spa. Newer games have covered a lot of the same tracks - AC has classic Monza. rFactor's got mods for classic monaco. Forza 7 has versions of modern LeMans w/o the chicanes.

But this might be the first time LeMans has been given the honor. To blast past the pits that are no longer there, to go full thruttle down the Mulsanne straight as it undulates up and down the hills with no downforce. To experience a sunset and sunrise as the true lunatics of motorsport did 40, 50 years ago.

Bravo SMS

EDIT- I'm not alone! I just saw another person make a post about this. Good! Let's merge the two threads
    Hey, dont forget Rouen-Les-Essarts
    On June 10th this year the track is being reopened to race cars and bikes for the first time since the 90s. Happy days, and hopefully the start of something big.
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.
    The following user likes this Post: Eric Rowland

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertOldgit View Post
    I have to agree the Classic Le Mans track is great and a credit to the guys at sms that created it. In some ways the track is hard work. After tweaking the FFB on my T300 to be closer to the feel of these classic cars the Mulsanne straight can be a bit of a workout fighting the wheel of a 917LH at 235mph. The bends, especially those like Mulsanne corner, Indianapolis corner and Arnage can be a bit tricky as there is hardly if any run off. But hey, that's how it was and I'm loving it

All in all, they have done a great job, my only criticism, made in a previous post is the use of the modern day pit crew who look so out of place. A re-skin of these animations would be really good for the final level of realism. Maybe patch content at some point for all historic tracks.
    Flat caps and smoking Gitanes while refuelling ?!
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Beastie, John Hargreaves, PostBox981, RobertOldgit

WMD Member Christiaan van Beilen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    For that highlighted reason I'm even more sentimental for Rouen-Les Essarts being in the game. That track is completely lost to time with the pits and grand stands completely gone, sections of track tarmac that are no more and whatever remains of it is used as a modern public road. There is an awesome video on YouTube where 2 Dutch guys on a motorbike go to France to check out where the circuit used to be. It's in Dutch, sorry for that, but might still be worth looking at:

For all the other historical tracks in Project CARS 2, at least they are all still used as a racing circuit today, of course with plenty of changes to the layout.

Back to the DLC, for me the historical circuit sure is the star of the pack as well, together with the 917K, 917LH, 512 M & 512 S to use on it. But I'm also very pleased we finally get the big 3 LMP1-H cars in the game as well. I don't even race LMP1 that much (2 fast for my taste) but it's great to have them, and with the multi-class system you can still enjoy them without even driving them. You can now create the combination of LMP1-H 2016 + LMP2 + GTE which is a really nice representation of Le Mans in the last couple of years without having RWD and Marek spoiling the fun.
    There is another circuit in SMS their drawers that is almost lost. It is the Solitude Rennstrecke near Stuttgart.

The loft (track itself) is really accurate and I had the joy to drive it during development (still have the captured footage).

The darn thing just needs dressing and so on to finish it. I wish SMS would release it already, as also this track is one of those great tracks with high speeds and nasty corners. A mini Nordschleife in a way.

Old tracks are great tracks. They have a different atmosphere and also provide a different tension to the drivers.

More! More I say! Give me more old tracks!
    System: Intel i7 2600k @ 4.2GHz - Noctua NH-D14 - MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) - Vengeance LP 16GB 1600mhz - MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G @ 1114Mhz - AverMedia Live Gamer HD (1080p@30hz capture card) - OCZ Vertex 4 256GB (FW: 1.5) - Creative Soundblaster X-Fi titanium champ - Logitech Z-560 4.1 - Philips 32PFL9604H/12 32inch TV

Input: Logitech Wingman Formula Force - Logitech G25 - Thrustmaster T500 RS - Thrustmaster TH8 RS - Fanatec ClubSport Wheel - Fanatec ClubSport Pedals V1 & V2 - Fanatec ClubSport Shifter SQ - Fanatec ClubSport BMW M3 GT2 rim - Fanatec ClubSport Formula rim (*italic = in use)
    The following 8 users likes this Post: balderz002, breyzipp, Cladandadum, Eric Rowland, morpwr, Plato99, Tank621, Vic Flange

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I wish we had a historical tier in career, as I never get to race these tracks much being a career offline guy. Sure they include invitationals, but I don't really enjoy one-off races with no relative purpose. I love the Silverstone historical track too, mainly because I don't even recognize it and feels like completely new track. its a fun drive. This is what a custom career option would be PERFECT for! set up all these glorious historical tracks in a series for your favorite car classes and go to town. hopefully the custom career mod returns at some point, I would take that as a DLC over one of these season pass packs even..
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftee View Post
    I wish we had a historical tier in career, as I never get to race these tracks much being a career offline guy. Sure they include invitationals, but I don't really enjoy one-off races with no relative purpose. I love the Silverstone historical track too, mainly because I don't even recognize it and feels like completely new track. its a fun drive. This is what a custom career option would be PERFECT for! set up all these glorious historical tracks in a series for your favorite car classes and go to town. hopefully the custom career mod returns at some point, I would take that as a DLC over one of these season pass packs even..
    Agreed. Or custom championships combined with a custom grid tool so we can make our own.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 3 users likes this Post: dodge33cymru, RoccoTTS, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Agreed. Or custom championships combined with a custom grid tool so we can make our own.
    The best solution to please everyone
    MSI TRIDENT-014EU specs : Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz | NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 3GB | RAM 8GB DDR4 | Windows 10 64 bit
    Thrustmaster TX base | F599XX EVO 30 Alcantara rim | T3PA pedals | Playseat Evolution Alcantara | Panasonic 50" 4K TV