Thread: Got Some Gear Upgrades

Platform
    PC

Got Some Gear Upgrades

I really, really wanted to go direct drive. But it's just not in the cards right now. I still wanted an upgrade, and really wanted something with a QR setup since I change rims often now. So I ended up putting together a CSW 2.5 package. As is usual with my luck, four days after placing my order they announced their Podium series direct drive wheels would launch in July. I was a little bummed at first, but once I got this all setup, I have zero regrets, it's a huge upgrade from my TX base and roughly double the strength. I'll wait for the reviews on the Podium series, but as of now, I'm in no hurry to go direct drive, the CSW 2.5 base is that good. A friend had mentioned how nice the in wheel programming (no need to open a profiler control panel) was, and he's right, it's a thing of beauty. Having a QR setup on the wheel rims is just icing on the cake. I've turned laps all week in iRacing, Assetto Corsa, R3E, Project Cars 2, and Dirt Rally and it's a big difference. Way more torque (roughly double, but feels like more), perfectly linear curve with almost no drag, more fidelity and fine details, and the vibration motors in the wheel rims mean you now actually feel the kerbs, suspension jolts, etc. I've caught some slides that I'm sure would been a lap ender with the TX base just due to the reaction speed of the CSW base and subtle nuances in the FFB that the TX lacked. Raw mode in Pcars 2 feels excellent and no need for tweaker files anymore. I doubt it will make me any faster, but I'm sure enjoying it a lot more. Worthwhile upgrade IMO.

Core i5 6400 4.3GHz / 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz / GTX 1070 / 500GB EVO 850 SSD / Oculus Rift CV1

CSW 2.5 base + BMW GT2 rim + Formula rim/ V3i pedals / TH8A shifter / Fanatec handbrake/GT Omega Racing cockpit / Aura pro bass shaker + SMSL SA-98e + SimVibe
    The following 2 users likes this Post: BullWinkle, Christiaan van Beilen