Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
Results 311 to 318 of 318

Thread: The "SMS please release more DLC" thread and what we would want in it.

  1. #311
    WMD Member satco1066's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Graz, Austria
    Posts
    1,324
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    The Audi has a shorter mileage than the other LMP1s.
    It's just OP in 30min or so races and that's not what those cars are built for.
    jep. +1
    Do some 4h+ races like this LM cars are made for and the balance will be better.
    And dont't forget to apply tyre wear and fuel consumption to real.
    Every car could be a race car, as long as you have the balls to drive it like that !

    System Shuttle SX79 | CPU i7 4930k @ 3.4 GHz | RAM 16GB 1600MHz | GPU GTX1080ti 11GB | OS Win 10 pro x64 V1709 | Screen Samsung KU6179 4k 49"
    Base Thrustmaster TS-PC Racer | Rim 458TX, GTE, T500RS Rim, TS-PC | Pedals Fanatec CSPv3 | Gearshifter TM T8HA | Button Box BBJ SimRacing 30F pro series
    HMD Oculus CV1
    Devil's Core Project Cars Team ( german language )
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/devilscorede/
    Closed Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/941216635916992/
    STEAM: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/devils-core/


  2. #312
    Superkart Pilot REXPITVIPER1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dead in a ditch called my bedroom.
    Posts
    341
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    The Audi has a shorter mileage than the other LMP1s.
    It's just OP in 30min or so races and that's not what those cars are built for.
    by time it hits 30min the Audi LM would be mile ahead...
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

  3. #313
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    254
    Platform
    PS4
    But it'd lose time in the pits in endurance races..

  4. #314
    Superkart Pilot
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    416
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    by time it hits 30min the Audi LM would be mile ahead...
    Not if the driver is following the proper fuel consumption per lap. For instance at Le Mans it needs to use no more than 4.17L of fuel per lap or it will come up short of the mandated 12 lap stint it was supposed to do. In order to hit those numbers you have to lift and coast a lot more than say the Porsche who can hit it's 13 lap stint easily without really having to worry about fuel consumption.

    The developers reproduced these cars to their real life counterparts. The problem is that people do not drive them to those same standards and mandates, therefore, the balance between the cars gets out of wack. If people drove them to the regulations that they had to follow in real life the performance gap would be much less.
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Fanatec V2.5|Fanatec Formula Carbon Rim|Fanatec V3 Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake
    The following 2 users likes this Post: KANETAKER, Stewy32


  5. #315
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    319
    Platform
    PS4
    If all the 2016 LMP1 cars pushed and ignored fuel regulations, the Audi would still pull away over time. It tends to be about a second faster per lap on normal tracks, and the longer stints on the other two cars do not claw back that time well enough on really long races. I ran a couple calculations of this in Excel, and it seems like the gap between the Audi and the others is smallest in 2H races. Typically, you see the Audi do 3 stops in those races and 2 stops for the other two.

    Even if you conserve fuel appropriately in all the cars, the Audi still wins in my testing. For the most part, the Audi's high torque and more efficient aero is more than enough for beat the other cars. I do find that the LM car tends to fair better than the other cars in their low downforce trim. It's really no contest.

    On topic: I think the game could use more 90s and early 2000s content across the board, especially GT cars. I'd pay money for SMS to go back and laser scan existing tracks in the game also, particularly Spa, Sonoma, Road America, and Monza.
    Last edited by TexasTyme214; 11-10-2018 at 03:44.
    The following user likes this Post: REXPITVIPER1


  6. #316
    GT5 Pilot
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,728
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    by time it hits 30min the Audi LM would be mile ahead...
    Not really, remember in Endurance Racing the traffic also stops cars from truly stretching their legs.

  7. #317
    Superkart Pilot REXPITVIPER1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    Dead in a ditch called my bedroom.
    Posts
    341
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTyme214 View Post
    If all the 2016 LMP1 cars pushed and ignored fuel regulations, the Audi would still pull away over time. It tends to be about a second faster per lap on normal tracks, and the longer stints on the other two cars do not claw back that time well enough on really long races. I ran a couple calculations of this in Excel, and it seems like the gap between the Audi and the others is smallest in 2H races. Typically, you see the Audi do 3 stops in those races and 2 stops for the other two.

    Even if you conserve fuel appropriately in all the cars, the Audi still wins in my testing. For the most part, the Audi's high torque and more efficient aero is more than enough for beat the other cars. I do find that the LM car tends to fair better than the other cars in their low downforce trim. It's really no contest.

    On topic: I think the game could use more 90s and early 2000s content across the board, especially GT cars. I'd pay money for SMS to go back and laser scan existing tracks in the game also, particularly Spa, Sonoma, Road America, and Monza.
    I think the problem is that, the AI pushes the LMP1's so hard, and generally has a different driver/physics model than the player, and that is why the Audi is more unbalanced.
    Rolls Royce Merlin and Rolls Royce Griffon are the 2 most famous Rolls Royce piston engines RR has ever made, these engines we're used in a insane amount of aircraft, in America it was known as the Packard or Allison Merlin's, they we're the same engine just different name. but the most famous users are the Spitfire, Mustang, Mosquito. well the Daimler-Benz DB-605ASCM might be the only counter to the Griffon engine.

  8. #318
    WMD Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    319
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by REXPITVIPER1 View Post
    I think the problem is that, the AI pushes the LMP1's so hard, and generally has a different driver/physics model than the player, and that is why the Audi is more unbalanced.
    I never raced against the AI with them; so I can't speak on that. I did participate in an online series with them though.

Similar Threads

  1. The "show off your guitar and favourite player" thread
    By Roushman624 in forum Off Topic Discussion
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 16-11-2017, 17:07
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 15-10-2017, 08:07
  3. Missing Thread "The Garage - Car Setup Talk"
    By John_Beauregard in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26-09-2017, 00:57
  4. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-11-2015, 10:00
  5. The "shouldn't have to" thread for online racing.
    By jetlag in forum Feature Suggestions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 02:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •