Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The "SMS please release more DLC" thread and what we would want in it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Ian mentioned before release of looking into custom offline championships, bringing it post release. I assume this would have been free, but at this point I would gladly pay for it as DLC (desperation setting in as I inch closer to completing career).

There has to be a way to make this possible. if adding AI to online championships proved impossible after stating it would be in, then even a rudimentary option where we can replace tracks/cars/weather in the existing career mode (simply swapping out, instead of whole new series creation). There is definitely a solution in there somewhere to satisfy their loyal customers, who believed this entry would indeed include a way to run custom offline championships after missing out the first time around.

It hard to vote/pay for new tracks if I have no where to play them as an offline only racer...
    The following 4 users likes this Post: chastewand, Cladandadum, Maskmagog, mogens

Platform
    PC
    Folks, we already have a Car and Track wishlist thread. I get it that it's not "packs", but that's just semantics. Feel free to discuss if SMS will do more DLC past what is planned, but this should not turn into another "wishlist" thread.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Folks, we already have a Car and Track wishlist thread. I get it that it's not "packs", but that's just semantics. Feel free to discuss if SMS will do more DLC past what is planned, but this should not turn into another "wishlist" thread.
    We know it. But the problem is that they are 2 separate lists (cars and tracks), but not ideas for complete packages or Seasson Pass. The question is whether in the case of the thread about future cars could the tracks be included or not?

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4
    Would definitely pay for a second season pass, depending pin the content.. tracks: Sebring, road Atlanta, Canadian tire, Interlagos, Paul Ricard

Cars: Cadillac dpi,Acura dpi, Mazda dpi, Emil Frey Lexus, 2016-2018 formula A, audi r8 gt4,Mercedes amg gt4, Porsche 911 rsr gt3. Only one road car.. Mclaren Senna.

Oh and mentioned earlier, custom offline championships
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, KANETAKER

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    As much as I would love to see new manufacturers but I think its more financially easier to bring more cars from the licences they have.

Platform
    PC
    SMS will make more money by bringing out a "new" game. "New" meaning an updated live track, updated circuits, and some of the same cars but also many new ones.
    I kind of agree with this because I believe economically it's probably the only way to get the dev. budget to a level that they can offer more stuff and add new functions. I wonder if they will keep this game engine?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LMGTP View Post
    As much as I would love to see new manufacturers but I think its more financially easier to bring more cars from the licences they have.

Not really. It strongly depends on the manufacturer too. With some, 5 cars from a manufacturer not yet in game might come cheaper than 2 cars from an already existing one.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    In reality, I don't see anything happening past the final DLC. There has got to be a contract with Bandai Namco (BN) that outlines the commitment of SMS for Pcars 2. After the contract ends I assume the game fully belongs to BN and SMS move onto newer pastures PC3 etc... (I know nothing about game development so this is all total speculation but, it makes sense to me).

On a side note, I am against the idea of car packs with cars from different eras included in them. I breaks up the categories too much. Sticking to a series or category and a year per pack = good racing and full grids of different cars. I am so sick of joining races only to find 90% of the grid driving the same car.
    i7 7700k | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | RAM 32GB @ 3000mhz | MSI GTX 1080ti | Thrustmaster T300 GTE | Fanatec CSP V3 | Oculus Rift

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by ecstaticbrick View Post
    In reality, I don't see anything happening past the final DLC. There has got to be a contract with Bandai Namco (BN) that outlines the commitment of SMS for Pcars 2. After the contract ends I assume the game fully belongs to BN and SMS move onto newer pastures PC3 etc... (I know nothing about game development so this is all total speculation but, it makes sense to me).

On a side note, I am against the idea of car packs with cars from different eras included in them. I breaks up the categories too much. Sticking to a series or category and a year per pack = good racing and full grids of different cars. I am so sick of joining races only to find 90% of the grid driving the same car.
    In that case you would be tired of the Codemasters F1 games because in most of the online races of the game, equitable performance is usually used, which means that practically all the players present are using the same car. On the other hand, it is normal for people to be more inclined to use the best car in a category if that means having a certain guarantee of victory.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcoM View Post
    ^ if devs / management are reading, I am willing to pay for this.
    Me too, but also if they are not reading.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, PostBox981, Tank621, Tommikke