Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Le Mans news.... No racing for the Porsche 908/03 after dark.

Platform
    PS4 Pro

Le Mans news.... No racing for the Porsche 908/03 after dark.

Hi All

At the moment I am really concentrating on the classic Le Mans circuit, another great piece of work by the folks at SMS. I get immense fun and pleasure from creating and racing in a compressed time simulation of The 24 Hours of Le Mans run over 2 hours 25 minutes using cars from VPA and VPB groups. I drive in each class which creates variation and a set of very different challenges. In VPB you have the choice of four cars Ferrari 330P4, Ford Mk1V, Lotus 40, and the Porsche 908/03 Spyder.

That leads me to a request I would like to ask for, and that is an additional spec for one of the existing Classic B class line up in game. Would it be at all possible to add a mod to the Porsche 908/03 giving it headlamps as it would have been when raced in the 24 hours of Le Mans. I have seen many photographs on line of this spec, so it does exist in the real world.

I am aware that you must get so many requests for I want this in game. but perhaps this mod maybe a little more doable.

Big thanks to you and all at SMS for this amazing DLC, just love it.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: ashylolz, MrTulip, rainer61, Slowhand1978

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    This is a bigger issue, GTO and Vintage Touring B are littered with cars without headlights which ruins the immersion of the game...

I really hope we have a re-jig of classes so we can finally model genuine modern and historic 24hr endurance races
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ELAhrairah, LM24z

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by 3chris333 View Post
    This is a bigger issue, GTO and Vintage Touring B are littered with cars without headlights which ruins the immersion of the game...

I really hope we have a re-jig of classes so we can finally model genuine modern and historic 24hr endurance races
    Such a big change probably wouldn't come until PC3.

Platform
    PC
    The cars that are modeled are ones the manufacturers have agreed to... All 3D models, skins and color schemes are approved by the manufacturers. In short, unless the manufacturers request a change to a model, it's very likely not going to into the sim.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertOldgit View Post
    Hi All

At the moment I am really concentrating on the classic Le Mans circuit, another great piece of work by the folks at SMS. I get immense fun and pleasure from creating and racing in a compressed time simulation of The 24 Hours of Le Mans run over 2 hours 25 minutes using cars from VP”A” and VP”B” groups. I drive in each class which creates variation and a set of very different challenges. In VP”B” you have the choice of four cars Ferrari 330P4, Ford Mk1V, Lotus 40, and the Porsche 908/03 Spyder.

That leads me to a request I would like to ask for, and that is an additional spec for one of the existing Classic “B” class line up in game. Would it be at all possible to add a mod to the Porsche 908/03 giving it headlamps as it would have been when raced in the 24 hours of Le Mans. I have seen many photographs on line of this spec, so it does exist in the real world.

I am aware that you must get so many requests for “I want this in game.” but perhaps this mod maybe a little more doable.

Big thanks to you and all at SMS for this amazing DLC, just love it.
    The 908/03 never raced at Le Mans or any track where they needed headlights. It raced at the 1000km of Nurburgring and Targa Florio. Those races did not go into the night so headlights weren't required.

Same thing with the Audi 90 Quattro, the IMSA Nissans, and the Ford Trans AM. Those cars were run in races that did not go into night hours.

Not disagreeing that the cars being placed in grids that run into night hours isnt annoying, but adding headlights would break immersion too since the real cars never had headlamps either.

What would really help would be either adding fully custom grids (yes custom grid tool exists, but console guys deserve the option too) or adding parameters that if a race runs into dark hours certain cars will be unavailable for selection.
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Thrustmaster TX| 599XX Evo Alcantara|TP3A Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Gregz0r, Stone Cold Stig, ZeDuncan

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tar Heel View Post
    The 908/03 never raced at Le Mans or any track where they needed headlights. .
    That's what I thought until I googled it. But a 908/3 did race at Le Mans in private hands in 1972, 1973, and 1974

http://www.racingsportscars.com/phot...06-10-003b.jpg
    The following 2 users likes this Post: iPlay, Tar Heel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post
    That's what I thought until I googled it. But a 908/3 did race at Le Mans in private hands in 1972, 1973, and 1974

Wow I stand corrected
    Ryzen 1700 @3.8ghz|16GBs RAM @2933mhz|EVGA SC2 Hybrid 1080ti|1TB Samsung 960 EVO|250GB Samsung SSD|480GB SanDisk SSD
    1TB WD HDD|750w 80+ gold EVGA G3 PSU|Dell 27" 1440p 144hz G-Sync monitor|Thrustmaster TX| 599XX Evo Alcantara|TP3A Pedals|TH8A Shifter|Fanatec Handbrake

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    The cars that are modeled are ones the manufacturers have agreed to... All 3D models, skins and color schemes are approved by the manufacturers. In short, unless the manufacturers request a change to a model, it's very likely not going to into the sim.
    Wouldn't it be possible to send a request to them thou? Explain that it's for the 24 hour games where headlights are necessary?
    Obviously just sitting and waiting for them to ask for it is not going to lead anywhere.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by David Wright View Post

I think "private" is the key aspect here. Porsche isn't too lenient when it comes to such stuff and when they didn't build it that way, they most likely won't allow it. When you look closely, you'll spot some other differences on those customer cars too.
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro

I’m +1 to the OP, although more because that car doesn’t fit the class anyway. So I guess I’m more +1 to Tar Heel’s post.
    The following user likes this Post: Tar Heel