Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: PC2 crashes in VR after few Minutes

Platform
    PC
    Couple of interesting points in that evga link:

#6 By default the xbox app has game dvr turned on since the windows 10 anniversary update. This is causing a mess of problems with games previously running at 90-120 FPS suddenly being capped at or below 60 FPS. It also has been known to cause microstutters.

#7 Having issues with jittery gameplay, or crashing to a black screen when running fullscreen applications on windows 10? If yes, try disabling fullscreen optimization for each of the affected applications. Right click the application .exe and select the compatibility tab...

Edit: And also:

#2 Perform a clean installation of the most recent video drivers:
    Select custom advanced install, under custom installation options uncheck all options except graphics driver & physx system software, check mark perform clean install, then click next to install the driver.
    Last edited by Sampo; 16-06-2018 at 16:36.
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

PC2Info, a PC program that shows most memory mapped stats the game provides.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Al666 View Post
    This is what helped me: https://forums.evga.com/Basic-troubl...-m2504606.aspx

The first Steps (New Installation of Win10 and Drivers) i did one Week ago, No Improvement.

The other Steps (and the Steam Starting Parameter for PC2: Multi threaded -dx11mt ) i tried yesterday: No Freezes until Today :-)
    Ive got the same problems here. What should it do with a Asus 1080?

Platform
    PC
    Why not try disabling the dvr in the xbox app (#6) and disabling fullscreen optimization for pcars2avx.exe (#7)?
    CPU Intel i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard Asus P8Z77-V LK | RAM 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU nVidia GTX980 4GB (390.77) | Audio Realtek 5.1 on MB | Screen AOC U3477PQU | OS Windows 7 Pro 64-bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    In-game settings: 2560x1080 / 3440x1440 | Texture Resolution HIGH | AF 16x | VSync ON | AA None | Reflections MED | Envmap MED | Vehicle HIGH | World HIGH | Shadows MED | Motion Blur NO | Render Frames Ahead 1 | Particles MED/MED/MED

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Ive tried:

1. vsync on/off
    2. reset pcars settings
    3. reset nvidia settings (never installe nv experience)
    4. minimize HW setup
    5. 1 Rift-Sensor Setup
    6. Minimize USB-Periphials
    7. Inatek Fresco Driver install / not installed / OTT Tweak on/off
    8. No USB on Inatek USB-card
    9. As much as possible Inatek USB-card use

My GPU ist @ 70% unter load...

Performance Headroom: -5 to 5%
    Latency: 35
    Last edited by Tim1705; 17-06-2018 at 09:21.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    If i untick the "Debug" Option under "Help" in Nvivia Driver, the Freezes are back.

With "Debug" checked: No Freezes!

Platform
    PC
    So it must be the overclock in your GPU that's the reason. Factory OC or your own.

Leaving the card in debug mode forces the card to run at nvidia reference clock speeds all the time.

The following 2 users likes this Post: Mad Al, Sankyo

Even thou the symptoms you guys are having seem identical the causes most likely won't be the same, thus we can't assume there will be a single fix for all of them.

First of all, having knowledge of your computer specs is a must since it aids in finding common points (hardware, software) that could lead to finding the issue. Posting it is the minimum, having it on the signature like some of the members above is the recommended since no matter where you post, the info will always be there.

Ensure that you will always provide the information of how the crash occurred, what was visible or audible, what you have running which could be influential/have an impact on the game (Software like Logitech GS which contains a game profiler and detection system, with OSD like MSI Afterburner, internal GPUs, Power Management modes, capture cards & streaming software, firewall/antivirus/other protections, driver versions, HMD connected via front panel or I/O on the back using USB2 or USB3, HDMI version, etc..).
    If the information is explicit and detailed, you will be able to compare and see which common points you share which could lead to the issue at hand.

The most common problems we've seen so far are:
    - Windows 7 outdated or missing essential components - This will display a crash error explaining everything and there will also be information on the bugsplat page after you report it.
    - VRAM exceeding the limits (try minimum settings to exclude this or even a custom resolution, remember that SLI/Crossfire doesn't mean you have 2x more VRAM)
    - "Application has been blocked from accessing Graphics Hardware. Application pCARS2AVX.exe has been blocked from accessing Graphics hardware." this one been showing up recently more often than normal, seems to be specific to certain hardware configurations (we suspect internal gpus) and some have mentioned to be occurring since installing Nvidia drivers 397.31.
    - Nvidia drivers crashing - There can be multiple reasons, but the most common is unstable GPU overclocking or power management failing for some reason, if you have no OC and the temperatures are acceptable try to change the power management mode on your Nvidia Control Panel to "Prefer Maximum Performance" temporarily to see if it solves.
    Processor: Intel Core i7 5960X @4Ghz | Videocard: Nvidia TITAN XP 12GB GDDR5x | Gamepad/Wheel: Dualshock 4 Six-Axis + Xbox One Gamepad + Fanatec CSWv2 + Fanatec CSP V3 + Fanatec SQ Shifter | Network Card: Intel l218-V| Keyboard+Mouse: Corsair K70 RGB + Cougar 700M | PSU: Corsair AX1500i
    Memory: 16GB Dominator Platinum DDR4 2800Mhz | Mainboard: Asus X99 Deluxe | Soundcard/Speakers: Soundblaster Zx (Optical) + Logitech Z-906 | Monitors/TV: Benq XL2430T | OS: Windows 10 x64

Steam Group Chat: steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434100654 (copy this into your browser url and press enter)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Mad Al, Sankyo