Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: PC2 crashes in VR after few Minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Gix916 View Post
    A lot of computers are probably struggling in VR because PC2 still displays on your monitor at the same time. This (probably) takes a lot of resources.

There is a way to stop PC2 from showing on the monitor while playing in VR (add -vrnomirror in the launch options), however when you add this option you lose the ability to use the mouse to control the cursor. The Gaze control (where you look at the option and click the mouse to select) could remedy this but it is broken. Everytime you click in Gaze control the cursor disappears for 8-10 seconds meaning everything takes sooooo long to do.

If the Gaze control could be fixed (or mouse control retained in VR) then the -vrnomirror would be a viable option for those struggling for performance in VR.
    Have you tried playing around with the settings in the Oculussettings?

Pointer Switch Time, Pointer Switch Short Time, and Trigger Time? You can use these to tune gaze control to how you want it I believe.
    The following user likes this Post: morpwr

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Curtis View Post
    Have you tried playing around with the settings in the Oculussettings?

Pointer Switch Time, Pointer Switch Short Time, and Trigger Time? You can use these to tune gaze control to how you want it I believe.

Interesting.....Any pointers on what to start with for settings?
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by morpwr View Post
    Interesting.....Any pointers on what to start with for settings?
    i didn't even know the Oculussettings was a thing...

found this...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-reticle-in-VR

Platform
    PC
    i didn't even know the Oculussettings was a thing...

found this...

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-reticle-in-VR

That makes two of us.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/

Platform
    PC
    A lot of computers are probably struggling in VR because PC2 still displays on your monitor at the same time. This (probably) takes a lot of resources.....
    It does not.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    It does not.
    maybe not on your system, but it might take enough to make a difference to somebody on a lesser CPU/GPU combo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    A simple test would be for someone to try this and see if the FPS improves with disabling the monitor display.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gav88888 View Post
    A simple test would be for someone to try this and see if the FPS improves with disabling the monitor display.
    i tried, couldnt see a clear improvement...

at the moment, i am addicted to Assetto Corsa. FFB is good and the FPS in VR are at stable 90 :-) Never reached that in PC2...
    OS Win 10 64bit (SteamVR Stable and Beta) MB Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming CPU AMD Ryzen 5 1600x GPU GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Inno3D iChill X3 Aktiv PCIe 3.0 x16
    RAM 16GB (2x 8192MB) G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4-3200 DIMM CL16-18-18-38 SSD Samsung 960 EVO MZ-V6E250BW HMD Samsung Odyssey Wheel Fanatec CSW v2.5