Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: P2P Kicking and Votekick suggestions for improvement

Platform
    PC

P2P Kicking and Votekick suggestions for improvement

Quite surprised to see this thread closed so quickly, personally I feel the current kick solution is the easy way out and undesirable.
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...orking-anymore

I acknowledge there was an issue that it was easily abused, hence the thread.
    If you play the game, you know the vote-kick system does not work.. because nobody votes, but if it was accessible then the situation may be different.

1) When mid race, you can't initiate a vote kick without ruining your race.
    This could be added to the ICM

2) When mid race, other players can't vote without ruining their race
    Again, could be added to the ICM and / or allow a button / key to be mapped to confirm or agree with a votekick.

3) The old way, where the host was in control was problematic (easily abused)
    The lobby could require say 30% of players to vote before a kick was actioned, even if the host did not vote, but this would require a way to let them vote mid race (above), so no single person had control.

Obviously, the rules for dedicated servers should be a bit different, allowing one or more people to be in full control.
    Now, I can just see p2p racing going further down hill, I will find out this weekend, when its usually the worst time to play in random sessions (for me at least) eek :/
    Last edited by FxUK; 08-06-2018 at 14:19.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Boneboys, bytecruncher26, cpcdem, KANETAKER, Raklodder

Platform
    PC
    What do you mean by "ruining a race"?
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    What do you mean by "ruining a race"?

If I want to vote kick, I have to press esc, find the player, click on them.. etc..
    Can't do that mid race, hence race ruined, if I want to vote.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Surely if you were mid race, the reason to initiate a vote kick would be because someone has already ruined your race

Not sure what percentage the vote needs to be to initiate a kick?

In public lobbies the host vote has exactly the same weight as any other, private and passworded public lobbies still allow the host to kick (just in case that wasn't made clear)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    PC
    I don't see having others press ESC to vote makes sense. However, if suggesting moving the Admin Kick function to the ESC menu then that would be something else. However, you'll still have those that will do it just because they can. It would still be abused.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips

I think the general idea is
    in the ICM have

Vote to Kick -> List of participants

Then once a kick is initiated, something like

Kick <Playername> -> Yes

Would appear in everyone else's ICM

(you wouldn't need a no option as anyone not voting within a set time would not be counted anyway)

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following user likes this Post: FxUK

Platform
    PC
    I don't see having others press ESC to vote makes sense.

That's my point. As it stands, the vote kick doesn't work because there is no way to do it, without pressing ESC.
    At the point of wanting to use it, it doesn't necessarily mean my race is already ruined.. I could have just passed somebody doing donuts on the start/finish or ramming players as they come around the track, but avoided them.. Maybe the person whos race was ruined initiates a vote kick, but nobody else can without giving up also.

AC has such a system, where you can press Y whilst on track and driving, with very little effort. This is what I was thinking about, but then the ICM is an ideal place for it.

P.S. I do think its good that one person (the host) of a random P2P no longer has the ability on their own to kick anybody / everybody.
    Voting is the best way, with each having equal weight, but voting itself is not very accessible, especially on-track.
    Last edited by FxUK; 08-06-2018 at 15:31.
    RWB Racing International

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    Surely if you were mid race, the reason to initiate a vote kick would be because someone has already ruined your race

Not sure what percentage the vote needs to be to initiate a kick?

In public lobbies the host vote has exactly the same weight as any other, private and passworded public lobbies still allow the host to kick (just in case that wasn't made clear)
    It is very often that only during the race you realize there's a troll in the server, well the trolls usually do not make it obvious they are trolls before the race starts...
    Previously, the host could briefly hit ESC, kick the troll and go on, he would lose a bit of time but save the race for the others. If now the host cannot kick on his own, it's inevitable that trolls have the upper hand now, no way half the people on the grid will hit ESC and vote to kick, be it because they do not want to lose time or the do not know how to do it. IMO it is very important to add an option to vote to kick while racing, as AC had done IIRC.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: FxUK, KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by FxUK View Post
    That's my point. As it stands, the vote kick doesn't work because there is no way to do it, without pressing ESC.
    Yes. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were suggesting.

My recommendation would be one of two options (or both!):

• Allow a configurable key mapping for VOTE YES/VOTE NO
    • A chat system message like /vote yes (which I think is how GTR2 used to work)

Making it easy for people to vote will make the voting mechanism more useful. We likely need to consider some console friendly ways for this as well.

Although, the initiate part should be a little harder.

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Ashaz, cpcdem, FxUK

Platform
    PC
    Yes. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were suggesting.

My recommendation would be one of two options (or both!):

• Allow a configurable key mapping for VOTE YES/VOTE NO
    • A chat system message like /vote yes (which I think is how GTR2 used to work)

Making it easy for people to vote will make the voting mechanism more useful. We likely need to consider some console friendly ways for this as well.

Although, the initiate part should be a little harder.
    Yeah, that's why I was thinking of the ICM, its a cool little menu accessible by everybody when driving, that could accommodate such an option.
    Of course, I'm not assuming it would be easy to add the functionality, just that it seems to be a good place to do so.
    RWB Racing International