Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: P2P Kicking and Votekick suggestions for improvement

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    The ability for the host to kick someone was removed? Really? Or did I misunderstand? If so, that's a terrible idea IMO.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave White View Post
    The ability for the host to kick someone was removed? Really? Or did I misunderstand? If so, that's a terrible idea IMO.
    Well, you can thank those that were abusing it.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | Front/Rear Transducers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Platform
    PC
    Glad I don't frequent P2P servers anyway but I have had to create one from time to time as our DS was down.

Simple workaround if you still want to have the host kick function and create your own lobby on your PC, start up a DS on your local machine and join it you will then have host kick function ;-)

Also the vote system as FX pointed out is useless at the moment, I have never seen anyone vote kicked ever, only ever seen host kicks and they were warranted.

I feel a bit sorry now for the guys that only play P2P or only create them, this is an open invitation for rammers to have free roam to cause havoc!
    Last edited by Charger; 08-06-2018 at 19:39.
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    Another thought here, I don't play on consoles but as they are P2P only does that mean all consoles hosts have no control over their server at all?

So if a rammer comes in and doesn't get vote kicked as we know it doesn't get used does that mean they have to redo a lobby and that said rammer can just keep rejoining?

If this is the case RIP P2P consoles because having dealt with said idiots in the past if we couldn't stop them I would have just stopped playing online all together!

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I am also afraid this is an open invitation to trolls to come back to multiplayer and start ruining races again, a problem that had toned down a lot lately. Let's see how it pans out though..
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjik View Post
    Well, you can thank those that were abusing it.
    If this is indeed true, I will officially quit this game and make sure my subscribers know why. That is rediculous. When you host a server, you need the ability to kick anyone who is dirty, insanely off pace, or who has joined with a few minutes left in qualifying. I get that some abuse this, but far less than trolls that will join to troll. Make a hopper system for those individuals. I will purposely test this tomorrow, and will ignite YouTube if it's the case. Who asked for this? Trolls?

P.S. Let's just assume I have a few followers.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post
    If this is indeed true, I will officially quit this game and make sure my subscribers know why. That is rediculous. When you host a server, you need the ability to kick anyone who is dirty, insanely off pace, or who has joined with a few minutes left in qualifying. I get that some abuse this, but far less than trolls that will join to troll. Make a hopper system for those individuals. I will purposely test this tomorrow, and will ignite YouTube if it's the case. Who asked for this? Trolls?

Oh please not, do not put the whole youtube on fire, there will be so much disaster! Why don't you tell us about your channel? Let's just assume because it will be fun watching it!

Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post

So you kick people just for being slow or for arriving with only a couple of minutes of Q left..
    Being slow is hardly a crime.. people should never be discouraged from racing online and kicking because someone is slow isn't a valid reason, ever, and that's also why there is a system in place to stop people being able to join who should be slower, so make use of the rating system to limit the people who are joining.
    I lapped someone twice in a 6 lap race at Snetterton back when I raced motorcycles.. did I ask for that person to be kicked out of the meeting, no, I appreciated he just wasn't as fast as everyone else and he'd payed exactly the same money to join the race as I had.

And I can see no reason to kick someone just because they didn't happen to see a session until very late..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Ashaz, eracerhead, FxUK, wesker6664

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    I don't see having others press ESC to vote makes sense. However, if suggesting moving the Admin Kick function to the ESC menu then that would be something else. However, you'll still have those that will do it just because they can. It would still be abused.
    FPS games have had working implementations of this feature for 20 years.
    Just map two buttons (pgup/pgdown for example) to voting yes or no. Then it doesn't interfere as much. People don't need to stop and go into a menu. Just hit a button on a straight.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yes. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were suggesting.

My recommendation would be one of two options (or both!):

• Allow a configurable key mapping for VOTE YES/VOTE NO
    • A chat system message like /vote yes (which I think is how GTR2 used to work)

Making it easy for people to vote will make the voting mechanism more useful. We likely need to consider some console friendly ways for this as well.

Although, the initiate part should be a little harder.
    Yes. Exactly like that.