Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: P2P Kicking and Votekick suggestions for improvement

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Al View Post
    So you kick people just for being slow or for arriving with only a couple of minutes of Q left..
    Being slow is hardly a crime.. people should never be discouraged from racing online and kicking because someone is slow isn't a valid reason, ever, and that's also why there is a system in place to stop people being able to join who should be slower, so make use of the rating system to limit the people who are joining.
    I lapped someone twice in a 6 lap race at Snetterton back when I raced motorcycles.. did I ask for that person to be kicked out of the meeting, no, I appreciated he just wasn't as fast as everyone else and he'd payed exactly the same money to join the race as I had.

And I can see no reason to kick someone just because they didn't happen to see a session until very late..
    "So you kick people just for being slow or for arriving with only a couple of minutes of Q left.."

-Yes! I set up endurance races. It isn't fair for people who've been practicing for an hour to be wrecked in the first turn by someone who isn't familiar with the track. I also said people way off pace. If you join and you're 20 seconds slower, you're all over the place. Hardly fun to race people who haven't discovered where the brake and gas are located. The system you're referring to means nothing. You can complete a few short races with 2 friends and raise your safety rating and so called skill rating.

If you're 10 seconds slower, the same problem exists. If you race at Daytona and are hitting 2:05s (in GT3 cars) then that will turn into a disaster for anyone around you. I run 1:44's there. Not all can, I get that. But, no reason to be in the 2's if you know the track. No reason to even be in the 1:50s.

One person can ruin everyone's fun. Therefore, one person should be able to prevent that.

Sorry for whoever asked for my YT channel. I don't share it for a reason. This isn't the only sim I stream or post videos. I've learned a long time ago that forums draw in trolls.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

I assume then you don't run multi class races either.. can't be having those poor plebs in slower cars getting in the way.

You want to be able to host kick still, just set up a passworded public server and set the name to show the password.. or if you stream on youtube, just post the password there... people like GamerMusle have no problem filling a server every time. Hell you could even post the password here..

i7 4770K - ASUS Z87-A - 16Gig DDR3 (2x 8G Crucial Ballistix PC3-12800) - ZOTAC GTX1080Ti FE with EVGA Hybrid Cooler - iiiyama ProLite B2783QSU - Oculus Rift CV1 - Samsung 840 250G SSD , WD 320G Blue, WD 2T Black, OCZ 120G Vertex 2 SSD, LiteOn iHAS122 DVD-RW - Creative Audigy 4 - Creative 5.1 speaker system - Logitech G19 - MS HABU Gaming Mouse - Fanatec GT3 RS V2 + CSP V3 + SSH Shifter - Windows 10 Home (64 bit).

Second machine used for additional testing. i7-4790T - Asus H97-Plus - 16G DDR3 PC-12800 - Gigabyte GTX1060 - iiyama Prolite E2607WS - Oculus Rift CV1 - W10 Pro (64 bit) - xbox360 pad or Logitech DFP (all at stock speeds)

HTPC - For testing of Steam Big Picture Mode (Hopefully from Media Portal 2) - i5-4590S - ASUS H81M-C - 8G DDR3 PC-10666 - Gigabyte GTX1050Ti - Windows 10 Home (64 bit) - xbox360 pad

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post
    "So you kick people just for being slow or for arriving with only a couple of minutes of Q left.."

-Yes! I set up endurance races. It isn't fair for people who've been practicing for an hour to be wrecked in the first turn by someone who isn't familiar with the track. I also said people way off pace. If you join and you're 20 seconds slower, you're all over the place. Hardly fun to race people who haven't discovered where the brake and gas are located. The system you're referring to means nothing. You can complete a few short races with 2 friends and raise your safety rating and so called skill rating.

If you're 10 seconds slower, the same problem exists. If you race at Daytona and are hitting 2:05s (in GT3 cars) then that will turn into a disaster for anyone around you. I run 1:44's there. Not all can, I get that. But, no reason to be in the 2's if you know the track. No reason to even be in the 1:50s.

One person can ruin everyone's fun. Therefore, one person should be able to prevent that.

Sorry for whoever asked for my YT channel. I don't share it for a reason. This isn't the only sim I stream or post videos. I've learned a long time ago that forums draw in trolls.
    Being slower isn't a reason to kick someone. You might've experienced this once or twice but It's just an assumption and an unfair generalization that a slower driver only gets in everyone's way and is all over the place. Also, I think people being in the 2:00s on Daytona should be a rare exception. Grid orders are based on everyone's pace so a slower driver will start from the back anyways. I'll be a bit provocative now and say that if you can't lap a slower driver on Daytona then you should work on your race craft maybe.
    Very sad to read for what reasons people want to kick people from their lobby. If the host's kick option was removed it's probably for that reason. Too much abuse.
    Last edited by rich1e I; 10-06-2018 at 13:56.

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC

I hope you do realize that it's because of abusing the kick feature exactly the way that you describe, that they removed the kick option from the host. It is you that caused that. I still do not agree with what they did though, it was an otherwise valuable tool and when some people abuse the tool, then they should work on improving it, not on completely disabling it in my opinion.

Yes, I believe you.
    The following user likes this Post: KANETAKER

Platform
    PC
    As FX already said - vote kicking during a race will never happen since more than half the field have to do it and won't do so mid race. The other reason people will never get kicked is because only a few of the people in a server usually get the rough end of a bad/malicious drivers stick so it will almost never, apart from with the worst types that sit and ram everyone that passes them, lead to enough people vote kicking to get someone out.

Blocking a p2p host from kicking will cause a lot more trouble than the few that kicked maliciously. The system already policed itself to a large degree as you just avoid the hosts you learn do it unfairly. I'd say about half the people I kick out lobbies don't think they done anything wrong anyway as they have no idea how to behave on track so a large part of the people asking for this change probably deserved the kicks they shout out were unfair.

You've just solved a problem for the few and created a new one for the many. I'd suggest as Charger said - create a dedi server on the same PC you play on if you'd like to continue to maintain control over the lobbies you create.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals
    The following user likes this Post: cpcdem

Platform
    PC
    I would also like to add, that in over 690 hours now, I have been kicked from a session once and that was because of an incident at the start of a race, which the host thought was my fault, but it wasn't. Sometimes, an easy mistake to make, in the heat of the moment. Further to that, I was kicked after the race, when in the lobby waiting for the next session.

I have quit a lot more because of trolls and the inability to succeed with a vote kick, even though everybody in lobbies may complain, vote kick is still unsuccessful because its simply inaccessible.

Some people complain of being kicked constantly... honestly, I can't see it being the case, unless they really do deserve it.
    SMS haven't solved anything, they have just turned the tables / shifted the issue, but lets hope they are listening and can improve upon it instead.
    RWB Racing International
    Platform: PC Hardware: Fanatec CSWv2.5 & CSv3 pedals, Rift CV1 or 4K XB321HK screen. i7 6700k, 32gb Ram, 1080ti, Samsung 850 SSD, Logitech Z906 5.1 surround system, ButtKicker Gamer 2 & SimVibe

GT4 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I agree, I had been kicked 5 times out of 800 online races. Very annoying when it happened, but so rare that was a non problem actually.

Platform
    PC
    I'll add to the above - 906Hrs played, never single player (apart from practice for MP races) and been kicked out a lobby unexpectedly by the host once when I joined very late in qualy.

On the other hand I've had to put up with people who shouldn't be there in at least half the public online races I've done. At least. And often I am nearer the front so don't even have to put up with the mid pack mayhem many do where it will get even worse.
    https://rwb-racing.enjin.com/forum --- https://discord.gg/MmtTXPA --- Active League - Renault RS01 Supercup

i5 8600K @ 4.8GHz \ 1080Ti \ 16GB RAM \ SSD's \ Sim-Plicity 20Nm OSW \ Fanatec Formula Black Rim USB Converted \ Fanatec v3 Pedals

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    This is a really dumb decision. First race, a wrecker joins, no one votes, but they all leave. This is going to kill open lobbies.

It's only worse seeing how SMS refuses to post patch notes. No one but lobby host even know that this change has occurred so no one will ever gain knowledge of what to do to vote. Even if they do, they don't want to jump through hoops to do so.
    Last edited by TheSimGirl; 11-06-2018 at 00:33.
    The following user likes this Post: Fight-Test

Platform
    PC
    This is a really dumb decision. First race, a wrecker joins, no one votes, but they all leave. This is going to kill open lobbies.
    I agree, PC2 P2P on-line racing has gone downhill without any method to brake.

Removing the option to kick disruptive players or players that have a 600+ ping by the host is a poor move.
    I get together with a mate on Sundays, yesterday was a catastrophe, wreckers or just bad drivers ruined races one after the other, one was obviously trolling.
    People just left when normally they would of hung on to the bitter end.
    If I remember correctly we have only kicked four or five players over the last few months, all with good reason.

The few Steam dedicated (if they can be called that) servers that exist are all empty, locked or both, they have however retained the option to remove or kick unwanted guests.
    There are no official servers for serious racing, something which was promoted at pre launch.

PC2 is a total fail when it comes to on-line competitive racing, the content is rich, the game looks pretty but that is as far as it goes.

I've put a lot of time into this game, have all the DLC's but I am disappointed by the multiplayer, so much potential gone to waste.

Oh well,,,,,such is life
    Last edited by Boneboys; 11-06-2018 at 06:43.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: bloozmahn, Fight-Test