Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A huge lover of p cars..but

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

A huge lover of p cars..but

I got project cars 1 as soon as it came out ,to be honest with everyone,i did not have one issue from start to finnish,i then built a race simulator with the xbox one ,with the madkatz wheel set up which then the game came to its true value and experience,which i played it for 2 years trouble free,
    But was so looking forward to getting p cars 2 when i heard there were issues,again i hasten to add,but surely would i be that lucky again not to be affected,
    So can anyone reassure me that its running well enough to play,

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you were happy with PC1, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy PC2. It seems it can be purchased fairly cheap these days too.

It's currently $36.00 on the Microsoft Store for the Deluxe Edition in the U.S. for the next 10 days. I believe that was a $90 purchase when new.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I highly recommend getting the Xbox One X or a PC if you want to enjoy the game to it's full potential.

A few of the guys in my Vintage F1 league on the original Xbox have issues in wet weather and couldn't even race at the Nordschleife in the DRY. We can't run wet weather because of that. There's too much for the processor to handle unfortunately...

I haven't any issues yet on Xbox One X
    Last edited by Sgt Formula 1; 08-06-2018 at 23:30.
    MY SIM CAR
    ENGINE: XBox One X, Thrustmaster TX LE Racing Wheel, onn Keyboard
    SCREEN: 65" TCL Roku 4KTV, SIM Dashboard
    Want to join a Racing League? Formula 1 through Time - 1963 Season:
    http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Just Another Frog, niblips, nissan4ever

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXF1 View Post
    I got project cars 1 as soon as it came out ,to be honest with everyone,i did not have one issue from start to finnish,i then built a race simulator with the xbox one ,with the madkatz wheel set up which then the game came to its true value and experience,which i played it for 2 years trouble free,
    But was so looking forward to getting p cars 2 when i heard there were issues,again i hasten to add,but surely would i be that lucky again not to be affected,
    PC2 is an amazing sim, but the answer to your question would be determined by how you choose to play.

On console, you will not be able to complete your single player career. There is no adjustment setting for the amount of a.i. This causes many, if not most people, issues on the original Xbox one. You get handling discrepancies, wheel shake, etc. because of the amount of a.i. that the system apparently can't handle.

Multiplayer is not as advertised either. You will not be able to race with 16 players if you have the original system for the same reason.

If you're on pc, you will more than likely be good to go as long as you're running a decent rig.

I wish you well in your descion.
    The following user likes this Post: The_Senser

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    It depends how you want to play, if you want to hot lap against other peoples laps then that will be ok, if you want to do career then there will be a point where 'issues' will affect your gameplay as there will be a great number of AI Cars than the OG can really handle effectively, this has a significant impact on handling and FFB, and this will affect your ability to progress. I can't comment on Online as I have never played.

I would personally wait for a few more patches and DLC unless you see a very good offer, unless you plan to get an X. There will doubtless be a Game of the Year Edition after all the DLC has been released which will have all the content and all of the patches, so as you have already waited a while, it might be worth waiting a bit longer.
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog

Superkart Pilot
    These are good (and valid) points but....
    If you say you owned PC1 (presumably on XB1) from the start and never had a single issue then you are indeed in a very unique group of (two) people who possess a greater tolerance to levels of quality than most, so based on that i'd probably recommend buying it. You can pick up a preowned copy pretty cheap nowadays with the benefits of purchasing a physical copy being that you can play well beyond the refund time constraints of a digital download and therefore gain a better idea as to whether or not you are going to get on with it. If you do then you have a cheap copy and if not you have something to sell on.

What i will point out though is that I personally managed 250+ hours playing an older build of PC2 prior to upgrading to X1X so despite it's current less than favourable condition there's still quite a bit to be had from this game

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog
    The following 2 users likes this Post: The_Senser, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You make some great points also!. I pre-ordered PC1 and couldn't even play it on the wheel for the first couple of patches as the brake pedal didn't work, so if the OP found PC1 almost perfect from day one, then he will be pleased to hear that PC2 is equally as perfect :-)
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Just Another Frog, Sgt Formula 1

Platform
    XBOX1
    …..…..I enjoy it even with a 30 car grid but I only play single race weekend mode.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thankyou for your valuable comment and help,,i genuinly was very patient with p cars 1 knowing what was going on out there,the game only use to glitch out with the sound,and freeze,the wheel shake i had,but no big deal,,
    But like you said,,give it a try if my luck on p cars 2 might be there,or wait for a while,,i found on a controller it was uncontrollable hence why i ditched all this and built my simulator,
    Thankyou....

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    You could always download the demo and see what you think, not sure how up to date it is though.