Thread: What Happened To Tyre Models?

Platform
    PS4

What Happened To Tyre Models?

Iíve been in a gte series the last few weeks. Iíve been setting cold pressures to b/w 1.42 bar and 1.5 bar depending on track temp. After five laps they tend to stabilize at 1.78-1.82 in the optimal 26 psi range. After this new patch they ballooning up to 2.0-2.1 bar after a few laps. Much instability, lack of grip, and excessive scrubbing. Iíve been tweaking ducts, spring rates, damping, downforce, anything I can think of to make the tires settle in. Nothing. Itís to the point Iím considering a drop round tomorrow rather than be frustrated to hell and back.

Second issue, coming out of pit box the tire gauges are showing half life left in the tires. This happened occasionally since about patch 2, but itís happened four times this week. A quick return to pitbox usually fixes the issue. Annoying.
    PS ID: KingBukB
    PS4, T300 (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro, TH8A

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Tyre heating is dependant on too many variables to be sure of the cause, and I have not noticed anythnig weird.

If your hot pressures are too high then just reduce your colds a bit, by about 50 to 75% of the hot overshoot as the reduction works for me. Aggressive driving will drive up pressures faster now I think.
    Cockpit view. 32 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 78. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PS4
    Reduce cold pressures and open the brake ducts?
    I’ve driven the C7R more than a few laps since patch. No problem on soft tires, 30-40c track.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Yeah, I've seen you behind the wheel in that C7 Corvette, you didn't seem to have much problem round Imola yesterday.
    I was leading the 10 lapper in the Porsche, came in to the pits, it started raining and I fumbled my stop and left on slicks again.
    Came back in next lap,misjudged pit entry speed in the wet and got dq'd for pit lane speeding. Bit harsh I thought, how about a drive through?
    Anyway, it was a fun race.
    It would be useful though if the devs could give a bit more detail on track conditions.
    Lobby only stated clear to clear, with no mention of the rain coming.
    Still love the game though, learning alot and finally got back to 1500, after 400 races!

Platform
    PS4
    Was that you?!
    Man what a drive! You were faster every lap by a few tenths and I was only hanging on when you'd make a mistake. Well done.
    I felt so bad for you when you missed your pit box. There's an option in settings that shows a red stop sign at your correct pit box, so you know which is yours even if there's 10 pit crew out.
    Was hoping to chase you in the rain too. Didn't fancy my chances.

But you're right: it'd be handy to see the full weather forecast, 1 or 4 slots. Maybe hide the progression or something to keep it interesting? The rain caught me by surprise too.
    G29 FFB RAW 70-50-5-10

What tire compound were you using?
    What was your tire pressure?
    What was the track and tire temperatures?

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by hkraft300 View Post
    Reduce cold pressures and open the brake ducts?
    I’ve driven the C7R more than a few laps since patch. No problem on soft tires, 30-40c track.
    I’ve tried adjusting everything that can affect tire temps... I mostly use hards (or wets) in this series I’m in. I had the race date wrong in practice so the track temps ended up around 20C. I went back to what I would normally set cold pressure at and the tires started acting normally. However, when the race started hot pressures were 2.1 bar/30psi!! Felt like overinflated cold tires. I pitted for softs which were again overinflated despite pit strategy settings, but I got 25+ laps out of them. The more worn they got, the better they felt. I had to pit a total of three times (strategized for one) and still managed P5 because I was flying past those poor guys who stuck with hards.
    PS ID: KingBukB
    PS4, T300 (Alcantara Edition), T3PA Pro, TH8A

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Any chance of you changing your profile, Scooby? Bit confusing to see you as a PC user, talking about racing a PS4 user (if only!)...