Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzatron3155 View Post
    Still I feel it was partially sms’ fault as well as Microsoft’s. SMS should’ve either worked with limitations or not bothered. Microsoft should’ve made the one stronger for future games. I mean the 360 lasted for years. At least mine did, no problems with any games at all.
    False. Pretty much all games on Xbox 360 couldn't keep a stable frame rate at all. Except for games like Forza. Even Halo wasn't a rock solid 60 fps. Some games would dip 15 frames or lower than the target.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    "Better" how? From my perspective, it seems like it's been made different (i.e. the issue manifests itself in a slightly different way now than it did originally), but it seems highly subjective as to whether "different" equals "better" in this case.

I can't see how it's Microsoft's fault, tbh. Every game system has limitations that need to be worked within, whether it's a Wii, a Game Boy, an Xbox, a PS4 Pro or the latest high-end PC. The system sets up the boundaries, and it's up to the developers to make their game work within those boundaries. I look at it like if you're a racing driver, and you're qualifying at COTA and your time is deleted because you went all 4 wheels over the white line at turn 19...you can't blame Hermann Tilke for designing a track that doesn't accommodate your desired driving line. It's up to you to work within the confines of the track, just like
    it's up to SMS to make their game work within the confines of the Xbox One architecture. Every other game I've played on it seems able to do it, without portions of the game being unplayable. But not this one.
    Yeah good point. Not really Microsoft’s fault I guess. SMS could’ve easily tried to work within the limits

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    False. Pretty much all games on Xbox 360 couldn't keep a stable frame rate at all. Except for games like Forza. Even Halo wasn't a rock solid 60 fps. Some games would dip 15 frames or lower than the target.
    Really? Is it noticeable? Because to me it isn’t. GTA, forza, halo, cod they all work perfectly. Even if they’re a few frames under it isn’t obvious like in pcars 2. And that’s on the one, so it should work better. My one has been the same as my 360, apart from when I bought pcars 2

Platform
    PC
    We've seen reports that patch 7 seems to have improved this. Please check it out again and report your findings.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Konan, nissan4ever, Stewy32, Stone Cold Stig

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    We've seen reports that patch 7 seems to have improved this. Please check it out again and report your findings.
    It's definitely not fixed, and it doesn't feel any better now than it did prior to patch 7.

• Custom Race
    • COTA National
    • Cayman GT4
    • Current Date
    • 15:00
    • Medium Cloud
    • 15 min practice session
    • Stable setup, 30L fuel

With 15 opponents or less, I can consistently put in laps in the low to mid 1:39s.

With 16 opponents or more, I can't even finish a lap without spinning, running off track, smashing into a wall, or all of the above. Coming out of low speed corners, the car wants to spin as you get back on the throttle. Medium speed corners, the car wants to push wide, until it doesn't and then it snaps into oversteer.

This has effectively ended my ability to progress in the GT4 championship in my career.

*edit*

15 opponents felt ok at first, then as I got about 5-10 minutes into the session, the car gradually became less and less stable, to the point where it was undrivable. I just finished a 20 min practice session with 14 opponents, and was again able to drive comfortably and hit my normal lap times. So it seems like 14 opponents (15 cars total) is the limit in this case.
    Last edited by Trippul G; 13-09-2018 at 22:43.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Its bad. Career is unplayable. On single race with 19 opponents the force feedback is clipping bad depending on the track/car. Tested with the corvette z06 on donnington and the max opponents without clipping is 4 maybe 6. Of course this affects handling as well.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Unfortunately, this's game's physics & live track 3.0 are just to demanding for OG Xbox One & S. This is so unfortunate for some of you. It seems like no patch will get you on the same page as Xbox One X.
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Stewy32

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    SMS,
    This problem has been there from the very beginning, and has not been made any better, at least not significantly. It's clear that it is unfixable for the OG Xbox & the S. I think you need to admit this fact, let it go, if after all this time of actually trying to fix it, this is the amount of progress, I think you need to admit defeat.
    So........ you need to add the ability to choose grid sizes in Career. In fact, you kind of have to, as currently the game you produced on the format that you released it on, half of the career can not actually be played, at all. A simple solution to this, reducing the grid sizes, then at least the Xbox players that this effects will be able to at least play the whole career in some shape or form. I think, to be honest, that's the least you should do.
    In fact, you could have done this when the problem occurred in the first place, and then tried to fix the problem behind the scenes same as you have done. I'd say a lot of people would have been more than placated with purely an option to reduce the grid size, so it actually would have helped yourselves really, just adding this simple option.
    The following 6 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, Hammerpgh, Maskmagog, OddTimer, skoda, Trippul G

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Padalino View Post
    SMS,
    This problem has been there from the very beginning, and has not been made any better, at least not significantly. It's clear that it is unfixable for the OG Xbox & the S. I think you need to admit this fact, let it go, if after all this time of actually trying to fix it, this is the amount of progress, I think you need to admit defeat.
    So........ you need to add the ability to choose grid sizes in Career. In fact, you kind of have to, as currently the game you produced on the format that you released it on, half of the career can not actually be played, at all. A simple solution to this, reducing the grid sizes, then at least the Xbox players that this effects will be able to at least play the whole career in some shape or form. I think, to be honest, that's the least you should do.
    In fact, you could have done this when the problem occurred in the first place, and then tried to fix the problem behind the scenes same as you have done. I'd say a lot of people would have been more than placated with purely an option to reduce the grid size, so it actually would have helped yourselves really, just adding this simple option.
    I agree. Makes sense. The game can tell if you're on a Xbox One X for the Graphic Bias choices. Why not for career grid sizes.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Padalino View Post
    SMS,
    Totally agree with this. Xbox players have to be given the chance to fully enjoy the career mode.
    Xbox One X!