Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by grrrillapmp View Post
    Every need for it.

Helped me laughed at the fact I was lied to, taken for my money, and ultimately told to kick rocks.

Sometimes you gotta laugh to keep from crying. Thanks @foxymop
    Yeah well we all know how you think about the game... i don't think there has been one positive comment from your side so the previous one played right into your cards...
    Putting that aside,if you keep on accusing SMS of being thiefs and liars i'll treat you on a free holiday... Courtesy of SMS...
    Last edited by Konan; 23-09-2018 at 21:45.
    AN OUTLAW MIGHT GIVE IN TO DESTINY BUT HIS LEGEND LIVES ON FOR ETERNITY!
    The following 2 users likes this Post: nissan4ever, Zaskarspants

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by foxymop View Post
    You want a full carrer? Buy PC3! It will be fixed there! For sure! Why bug fixing when they can make another game and fix it there?
    You just have to buy it!
    It will have more bugs and problems? Yes!
    Will they be fixed? Yes, in PC 4! Amazing!
    Joking aside, I don't think this handling issue is a bug, tbh. Calling it such implies that it's something that can be fixed. After 7 patches, the fact that it's still around, causing problems and rendering OG Xbox One players' careers largely unplayable, says to me that it's a fundamental design flaw, and that it can't be fixed without a rewrite of much of the core game. That's not going to happen at least until there's a sequel, if ever.

Our best option, in my eyes, remains adding an option to limit grid sizes in career...though at this point, I don't have much hope that that'll ever happen, either.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    Joking aside, I don't think this handling issue is a bug, tbh. Calling it such implies that it's something that can be fixed. After 7 patches, the fact that it's still around, causing problems and rendering OG Xbox One players' careers largely unplayable, says to me that it's a fundamental design flaw, and that it can't be fixed without a rewrite of much of the core game. That's not going to happen at least until there's a sequel, if ever.

Our best option, in my eyes, remains adding an option to limit grid sizes in career...though at this point, I don't have much hope that that'll ever happen, either.
    Look without picking sides and being aggressive, Iím going to say this. SMS chose to release it on a less powerful console without adapting it. Many companies donít do that, they make sure it works, sure there are day one bugs and stuff but theyíre bugs, not permanent problems. They are easily fixed.

They had a choice to leave it for pc only and they didnít. So therefore itís on them. However I blame myself partially for buying it Day one. Without waiting a few months or so. Regardless itís still fun, but it feels dumbed down compared to other games because of the limitations.
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzatron3155 View Post
    Look without picking sides and being aggressive, Iím going to say this. SMS chose to release it on a less powerful console without adapting it. Many companies donít do that, they make sure it works, sure there are day one bugs and stuff but theyíre bugs, not permanent problems. They are easily fixed.

They had a choice to leave it for pc only and they didnít. So therefore itís on them. However I blame myself partially for buying it Day one. Without waiting a few months or so. Regardless itís still fun, but it feels dumbed down compared to other games because of the limitations.
    Thank you. Somebody making sense. For instance pcars 1 was announced for ps3, ps4, x360, x1 and pc. Halfway through development they dropped it for ps3 and x360

Blaming the console and not SMS is extremely stupid while there are 1000's of other games working perfectly on it and please stop kidding yourselves with the more demanding physics than any other game argument.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by aqswdefly View Post
    Thank you. Somebody making sense. For instance pcars 1 was announced for ps3, ps4, x360, x1 and pc. Halfway through development they dropped it for ps3 and x360

Blaming the console and not SMS is extremely stupid while there are 1000's of other games working perfectly on it and please stop kidding yourselves with the more demanding physics than any other game argument.
    Not true. There are a lot of games that run at a lower resolution & frame rate on OG Xbox One & S. Compared to the Xbox One X. All you got to do is see comparison videos on Digital Foundry. That includes the new COD game. Compared to the Xbox One X. COD resolution & frame rate is terrible on the other Xbox One models. Same with upcoming Battlefield V.

This isn't the case with first party titles. Mainly 3rd party games suffer from this.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Not true. There are a lot of games that run at a lower resolution & frame rate on OG Xbox One & S. Compared to the Xbox One X. All you got to do is see comparison videos on Digital Foundry. That includes the new COD game. Compared to the Xbox One X. COD resolution & frame rate is terrible on the other Xbox One models. Same with upcoming Battlefield V.

This isn't the case with first party titles. Mainly 3rd party games suffer from this.
    Lower res is totally fine...you cannot expect the same playing on the One S as compared to the X and most of the examples stated above most people wouldn't even know the difference unless played side by side.

Mention one game that is broken so bad you cannot even play the career.
    The following user likes this Post: Trippul G

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I own both the OG & the One X. I really don't see how anyone can spin it that the PC2 game on the OG isn't broken. It literally fits the definition.

It's not about resolution & frame rate...that has nothing to do with what people have been griping about for over a year now.

For the people who bought this game on the OG for the main purpose of playing through a tiered career or playing large grid endurance races...they got ripped off. What was advertised to them is not available in a reasonable fashion. What I experienced was the physics going so bonkers that I couldn't complete races without tip toeing around in fear of a spin. I also had to nerf FFB because anything "normal" would result in crazy shaking and trying to shake the house down at times.

As soon as I got the X, those problems went away and I returned to the clean & smooth racer that I knew I was. There is nothing I could adjust to make things better on the OG outside of nerfing FFB or using a controller. Those are clearly not reasonable solutions for a racing sim.

The excuses and denial have gotten old.

Limiting the field on the OG Xbox seemed like a no brainer to me. If it was my ship to sail, I'd be concerned about how many people will never give a Project Cars game another look. There's certainly been many people who don't know why they can't complete races without spins, or simply don't care to investigate why the handling is rubbish. That person certainly couldn't have left PC2 with a positive opinion.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Hammerpgh, Trippul G

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by aqswdefly View Post
    Lower res is totally fine...you cannot expect the same playing on the One S as compared to the X and most of the examples stated above most people wouldn't even know the difference unless played side by side.

Mention one game that is broken so bad you cannot even play the career.
    It's not broken. Your weak OG Xbox One or S console can't handle it. That's like playing this game on an inferior spec'd PC.
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes, you're repeating yourself. Why was it released to an "inferior spec" machine? That is the question.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by sas5320 View Post
    Yes, you're repeating yourself. Why was it released to an "inferior spec" machine? That is the question.
    This whole generation, the launch Xbox One has been the inferior console. It's not nothing new. SMS is only going to do one version of the game. Like any developer would do. They not going to change anything about the game. Just because one console can't handle large grids. They will try to optimize it the best they can. PC2 will never run large grids correctly on OG Xbox One or S. That's the very reason why at launch, I only put in 3 hrs on PC2 on my Xbox One S. It ran poorly with large grids. I knew I had the X coming in Nov. I figured game would run right on it & it does.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 23-10-2018 at 07:03.