Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cxMilk View Post
    I have a feeling SMS were unaware of this issue upon launch and learned about it through us, the end users. The WMD crew were all PC players and therefore WMD testing as well as the majority of in house testing, I suspect, was all done using PCs. Of course I can only assume as much, but if I'm not mistaken, the console testing was handed over to a third party - did Bandai do the console testing? Don't remember. I wouldn't be surprised if their testing wasn't anywhere near as rigorous as the paces WMD members or in house testers may have been putting the game through. Also, my understanding is this issue is more prevalent using a wheel as opposed to controller, correct? I don't race with a controller myself, so don't know. Who knows what the third party testers were using. So yea, I have a suspicion that SMS were either unaware themselves, or if they were aware, weren't aware to extent of how detrimental it actually is.
    Isn't that just as bad - maybe even worse - especially after they proclaimed that console testing would be vastly improved and that the Xbox would no longer be the red-headed stepchild?
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    It also affects controller, I can promise you that

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    There's no reason for you to keep saying the same thing as well. You can't finish career. Game engine performance issues under load. Physics aren't the same as practice or qualifying. Lower career AI grids would help. That's been repeated a lot as well.

I'm sure the devs know about this. I'm sure they've done a lot of optimization post launch. Maybe they've squeezed all they can out of the base hardware. This is probably the best it will run on base hardware.

I have no idea why they haven't gave the option for smaller grids in career. Maybe it's not feasible to implement it. I don't know. Looks to me like that will never probably happen. Yet, it gets constantly repeated here. When it is obvious why people are having this issue on base consoles.

The game has been out 1 yr. Hasn't been implemented yet. Probably won't be in career. This is software that runs differently on different hardware.
    Again, you appear to have completely missed the point. "Maybe, I'm not sure, probably, I have no idea" pontification doesn't clear anything up. You can offer all the explanations you want, it doesn't do anything to start up the dialog between seller and consumer, which is what this situation needs.

It's like if your kid got caught doing drugs at school...other people can only tell you so much about why they think he did it, what his mindset is like, what extenuating circumstances there are, etc. There comes a point when you need to sit down and engage with the child himself and hear from them directly, to figure out what's going on, and how to proceed.

That is where we are now with SMS.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Isn't that just as bad - maybe even worse - especially after they proclaimed that console testing would be vastly improved and that the Xbox would no longer be the red-headed stepchild?
    I don't particularly agree with the idea of using consumers as testers, however I do believe consumers prove to be far better testers than professional game testers as they typically try some crazy out of the box scenarios in games that both devs and professional testers likely never even think of. Maybe SMS should have taken advantage of the beta program on xbox as well...and ps4 if they have it too?

I have a feeling console testing was fairly basic albeit it probably was vastly improved over pCars1 testing. I remember there were a couple glaring issues on console upon release, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but they were issues that should have easily been caught in testing. I wonder if console testing was more along the lines of following a basic checklist aligned with issues from the PC side and nothing more. Something like large grids may have never even been put into practice during testing. Who knows?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by cxMilk View Post
    I don't particularly agree with the idea of using consumers as testers, however I do believe consumers prove to be far better testers than professional game testers as they typically try some crazy out of the box scenarios in games that both devs and professional testers likely never even think of. Maybe SMS should have taken advantage of the beta program on xbox as well...and ps4 if they have it too?

I have a feeling console testing was fairly basic albeit it probably was vastly improved over pCars1 testing. I remember there were a couple glaring issues on console upon release, don't remember what they are off the top of my head, but they were issues that should have easily been caught in testing. I wonder if console testing was more along the lines of following a basic checklist aligned with issues from the PC side and nothing more. Something like large grids may have never even been put into practice during testing. Who knows?
    Regardless of who actually did the testing, don't you think that some form of "test career mode" should have been in the test plan? I mean, that doesn't even require setting up any sort of weird edge case to test it. All they had to do was play the game.
    97.8% of mass public shootings in the US between 1950 and 2018 occurred in so-called "gun-free zones".
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Regardless of who actually did the testing, don't you think that some form of "test career mode" should have been in the test plan? I mean, that doesn't even require setting up any sort of weird edge case to test it. All they had to do was play the game.
    Oh, I absolutely agree. Given the results and some of the early on issues that were readily apparent, can only speculate console testing was far less than optimal is all.
    The following user likes this Post: Schnizz58

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    For you guys that are having issues. If you have some extra cash. Gamestop is offering $200 trade value for your OG Xbox or $250 for an Xbox One S towards an X. Basically can get it for half price and all your problems go away Just a thought. Its better then the $50 you usually get for it on a normal day.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Maskmagog, nissan4ever, Schnizz58, skoda

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Not to reopen old wounds but is this still an issue? I’ve recently redownloaded PCars2 after having trouble in terms of using game pad on the OG Xbox, but want to do large WEC type races with big grids, am I wasting my time?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Fazza View Post
    Not to reopen old wounds but is this still an issue? I’ve recently redownloaded PCars2 after having trouble in terms of using game pad on the OG Xbox, but want to do large WEC type races with big grids, am I wasting my time?
    In my opinion, yes. It hasn't been fixed and I think it's unlikely to be fixed.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I thought that might be the answer, oh well only spent 30 on it so not the end of the world, just wish I hadn’t fell for the same shick like I did when PCars 1 came out, honestly the first port of call when making a console game is you’ve got to be able to deliver what you say you can