Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShneebnaMRR108 View Post
    If you're going to spend some money, buy a PC with an Intel CPU.
    Yeah, the next step will definitely be a pc. I would need to learn more about CPU however.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Go look at Digital Foundry videos on YouTube. There's a bunch of games on OG Xbox One & S that don't preform well. Including a little bit of games that are CPU intensive on Xbox One X.

You saying only SMS games is too funny. Sniper Elite 3 running on my old OG Xbox One had screen tearing galore. Playing it on my X with no enhancements patch..... no screen tearing.
    But we're not talking about graphical issues with PCARS2, are we? If it was just that, or some dropped frames when things get heavy, or having to dynamically lower the resolution, I could live with that. No problem.

But I have yet to come across another game where, when things get computationally intense, the controls become fundamentally altered, to the point where in-game objects behave in bizarre manners, totally defying what the player has been built up to expect under normal circumstances.

SMS need to find a way to make this right for their customers. Expecting everyone to "upgrade" to an X1X or a PC is utter nonsense.
    The following user likes this Post: grrrillapmp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    But we're not talking about graphical issues with PCARS2, are we? If it was just that, or some dropped frames when things get heavy, or having to dynamically lower the resolution, I could live with that. No problem.

But I have yet to come across another game where, when things get computationally intense, the controls become fundamentally altered, to the point where in-game objects behave in bizarre manners, totally defying what the player has been built up to expect under normal circumstances.

SMS need to find a way to make this right for their customers. Expecting everyone to "upgrade" to an X1X or a PC is utter nonsense.
    Unfortunately, this game needs more resources to run smoothly than what OG Xbox One & S can handle correctly. XB1X or PC is the best way to go. Just like the PS4 Pro is the way to go for this game in Playstation land as well.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by nissan4ever View Post
    Unfortunately, this game needs more resources to run smoothly than what OG Xbox One & S can handle correctly. XB1X or PC is the best way to go. Just like the PS4 Pro is the way to go for this game in Playstation land as well.
    In the game's current form, that may be true. But that's just it. I refuse to believe that SMS are powerless to do anything to fix this issue. Granted, I have no inside knowledge of the game, but I can not believe that there is no combination of assets that could be optimized, or code streamlined, or shortcuts taken or approximations that could be made, which would allow for gameplay to carry on in such a way that it would be minimally noticeable to the driver.

At the absolute minimum, SMS could implement the ability to limit grid sizes in career mode. So far, for whatever reason, they've chosen not to do so.

It comes down to this: I don't care that the X1X runs the game better. That's irrelevant to me. I have no plans to get one. I bought the game for Xbox. The game is advertised as being supported on the Xbox platform. This implies OG, S, and X are all supported equally, and a similar experience can be had on each. Because of this handling issue, that is not the case. That, to me, is not acceptable.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: grrrillapmp, sas5320

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Trippul G View Post
    At the absolute minimum, SMS could implement the ability to limit grid sizes in career mode. So far, for whatever reason, they've chosen not to do so.
    That's why I only played the game very briefly on my Xbox One S at lauch. I already pre-ordered my Xbox One X the moment I could earlier last year. I knew the game would run right on it. With the 6 tera flops & over clocked cpu. Finding out later on that we would get the Enhanced Framerate graphic bias setting was the icing in the cake.

When I pre-ordered my Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition. I wanted my whole Xbox One library to run the best it could.

Yes, they need to give you grid size options in career!
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 16-08-2018 at 07:10.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/PCars Dash/Crew Chief for Project CARS/Turtle Beach Elite 800X/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR (w/HDR Game Mode)
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh