Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Handling issue against ai on OG Xbox

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dypress View Post
    Iím bummed about this issue. I recently bought an Xbox One S, and have just purchased this game. I canít afford to upgrade to the X, so it aucks to have to pay for a game that you canít fully play. I hope they do something about this.
    I hate to say it, but it looks like weíre stuck with it. They havenít even addressed this issue properly. And there are heaps of threads about it. It severely puts me off the game, but then when I see gameplay Iím tempted to play the game again. Itís the weirdest game Iíve ever experienced. Usually an issue such as this would be patched, but I just donít think they can do it.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    In my opinion, this seems to have improved a lot in patch 6. I'll do some more testing when I find the time, but so far it seems much better to me.
    Thrustmaster TX, Italia 458 wheel, 2 pedals, Firmware 53, Xbox One X since Aug -18, Samsung P2350 monitor
    Don't miss Yorkie065's excellent videos: Ep26-LiveTrack pt1. Ep 27-LiveTrack pt2.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzatron3155 View Post
    I hate to say it, but it looks like we’re stuck with it. They haven’t even addressed this issue properly. And there are heaps of threads about it. It severely puts me off the game, but then when I see gameplay I’m tempted to play the game again. It’s the weirdest game I’ve ever experienced. Usually an issue such as this would be patched, but I just don’t think they can do it.
    One of pcars2 main competitors has a limit of 15 cars for consoles apparently. All the racing sims are compromised on consoles in some ways. I think pcars2 is the best of the bunch very much so when considering it's many advantages.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    One of pcars2 main competitors has a limit of 15 cars for consoles apparently. All the racing sims are compromised on consoles in some ways. I think pcars2 is the best of the bunch very much so when considering it's many advantages.
    NASCAR Heat 2 has 40+ grids on all tracks and that's coming from a game that uses the Unity engine!
    Moto GP (the one that comes free with Game Pass) also has 24+ grids on all tracks.
    And of course there's F1 2017.

The only real compromise I ever saw with the first two was that visuals weren't the best - but that was largely down to super small budgets and inferior game engines. I've never played any of the F1 games so I can't comment on any compromises it may have made.

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/08/3...box-one-review

15 max here. Just thought it was worth a mention.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    True, Ac only has 15 ai in total on console. However unlike pcars, you can do a full grid with any car on any track and not get any handling or ffb issues. Same with forza even on a wheel, and controller. No issues whatsoever and they run 23 ai. Whereas pcars Iím still getting issues no matter if I have 10 or 30 ai.

Rookie
    Platform
    PC
    Well good news, I just ponied up for the X, which means that this should be fixed for og Xbox tomorrow.
    The following user likes this Post: OddTimer

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dypress View Post
    Well good news, I just ponied up for the X, which means that this should be fixed for og Xbox tomorrow.
    Interesting to see that. Where did you find this?

Also just as a pointer, i reduced the ai to 10 on lemans and ran a multiclass race with gte and lmp1. No issues to my knowledge. Thats 2.5 hours of great racing under my belt. Looks like you just need to spend a little extra time and find the sweet spot.
    Last edited by Lolzatron3155; 16-06-2018 at 09:52.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolzatron3155 View Post
    Interesting to see that. Where did you find this?

Also just as a pointer, i reduced the ai to 10 on lemans and ran a multiclass race with gte and lmp1. No issues to my knowledge. Thats 2.5 hours of great racing under my belt. Looks like you just need to spend a little extra time and find the sweet spot.
    (Update) I’ve actually run into more troubles with the radical sr8 at donnington. Exact same settings as the lemans race apart from the fact it wasn’t multiclass. And I ended up experiencing the glitch again. Seems like you can’t fully prevent it.

Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been away from this game (and these forums) for a number of months. Started getting back into the game a month or so ago by diving back into career mode. Had a lot of fun going through some Rallycross, GT5, SC Lites, etc. Then I decided to try the GT4 series, picked the Cayman and the US championship, and off I went.

First round at COTA National...handling felt really temperamental...very twitchy, lots of snap oversteer and power oversteer coming out of slow corners. I figured it was just a lousy default tune, so I looked around online, found one that someone else posted, went into private testing, applied it, and things felt great. I figured ok, problem solved.

Went back to qualifying in my career, and the car immediately felt horrible. Same exact setup, same date, time of day, track temperature, everything, as my private testing session. Just could not get the power down coming out of slow corners. Faster sweepers like turn 2 coming down the hill, or the triple-apex right hander toward the end of the lap...I used to be able to take flat out, no problem. Now, I approach at the same speed, but as I try to wind on the steering angle, the rear keeps wanting to break loose, and I have to countersteer and/or back out of the throttle to keep from spinning off into the wall.

This is REALLY frustrating. An issue similar to this was around back when I bought the game on release. It had to do with certain cars pulling to one side if there were too many AI on the track. I put the game aside for a while in the hopes that it would be patched. Now here we are, almost a year later, and while maybe not the exact same issue, it's frustrating and disappointing to see that essentially the same problem still exists: that too many AI seemingly borks the physics engine, causing things to go haywire. This all leads me to believe that SMS simply have no idea how to fix this issue.

My career progress has now more or less come to a standstill, unless I want to drop the AI difficulty way down to like 10, just so I can muddle my way through this series. I'll probably wind up doing just that, as I was having fun with the game up to this point, but that's obviously not what I paid for. If indeed SMS can't fix this issue, I'd honestly prefer they just come out and say so. Maybe they could at least give us an option to control grid size in career? I tried the exact same race settings in Custom Race with 11 opponents, and things felt fine.

For the record, I'm on the OG XB1, using a Fanatec 911 GT2 wheel with Clubsport pedals, running through DriveHub.