Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Serious Gearing Issue Ruining Game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Serious Gearing Issue Ruining Game

Hi, new to the forums here. I am experiencing a serious issue with gearing in the game. In career races, I often find my car will cease to change gears for no apparent reason. Iím racing as normal and then suddenly Iím stuck in whatever gear I was in and cannot change.

Iím playing with a controller that works fine on other games. I have tried turning off all damage settings so it canít be how Iím driving the car (though my original attempts to fix it with this in mind did cause my gear changes to get a lot cleaner!)

Iíve also uninstalled and reinstalled, this solved the problem for the race at Snetterton that the glitch was happening on every time, but now itís gappening again in another race. Returning to pit box when this happens during practice or qualifying also fixes it, but I canít do this during a race of course, especially as it seems to strike near the end of races.

Iím racing in GT5 if that helps. I really hope someone can help with this issue as itís ruining a game Iíve really started to enjoy. Thanks.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticp0t4t0 View Post
    Hi, new to the forums here. I am experiencing a serious issue with gearing in the game. In career races, I often find my car will cease to change gears for no apparent reason. Iím racing as normal and then suddenly Iím stuck in whatever gear I was in and cannot change.

Iím playing with a controller that works fine on other games. I have tried turning off all damage settings so it canít be how Iím driving the car (though my original attempts to fix it with this in mind did cause my gear changes to get a lot cleaner!)

Iíve also uninstalled and reinstalled, this solved the problem for the race at Snetterton that the glitch was happening on every time, but now itís gappening again in another race. Returning to pit box when this happens during practice or qualifying also fixes it, but I canít do this during a race of course, especially as it seems to strike near the end of races.

Iím racing in GT5 if that helps. I really hope someone can help with this issue as itís ruining a game Iíve really started to enjoy. Thanks.
    I don't remember what it is called. Something like minimum shift time. It's under the same settings where you adjust sensitivity, dead zones, etc. Make sure that number is set to 0.

Please let us know if that corrected the issue.

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I had one case with v 1.5 in which Pcars 2 changed from automatic to sequential in game settings.
    But it was before the race in my case, so I don't think it could be the same issue (if issue happen again, check gearbox type to confirm it is still on automatic)

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I have not had this happen. Some more details would be helpful.

Are you using pad or wheel? How are you changing gear? Flipper, button or stick? What is auto clutch set to?
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 84. World movement 30, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 50-80, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Ah, maybe i should have reported this because i've had this and double downshifting problems before.. I'm suspecting you've remapped the comtroller and moved gear shifting onto the buttons, so if that is the case then just go back to the controller config and remap your gear select with the SAME buttons (no need to reset them all to default) you chose. That cured it for me. My only guess was that because 'B' and 'X' were already mapped ftom default (and i got an 'already in use' message when changing them) the game has at some point gotten confused with my changes.

If you haven't altered the default buttons then ignore me

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hi my minimum shift time was already zero, so i changed my clutch deadzone to 0 as it wasn’t for some reason and my clutch sensitivity to 50. This fixed the problem for the race I was stuck on but it still reappears occasionally for no reason. Still sometimes ruining a race. I have remapped my buttons so I’ll try the technique Just another Frog suggested. I’m playing on pad as stated in my original post and I have clutch on LB and gear down/up on X/Y respectively on the paddles on the back of my pad

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Ok so I tried resetting the mapping of my controller by just typing in the same buttons and then tried changing them to different buttons and changing them back. This didn’t work it’s still happening and now is happening consistently again on this qualifying I’m trying to do.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Update it is happening consistently on qualifying on the second to last corner. Every time on my first full lap of qualifying. I’m massively disappointed with this and I feel i’ve wasted my money.

Platform
    PC
    What controller are you using?
    What are your Controls/Gameplay settings? What assists have you got switched on? What are you Controller settings (auto clutch, auto gears etc.)?

You're the only person complaining about this issue, so it's fair to assume currently that it's a local issue on your end, and that it can be solved.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticp0t4t0 View Post
    Update it is happening consistently on qualifying on the second to last corner. Every time on my first full lap of qualifying. I’m massively disappointed with this and I feel i’ve wasted my money.
    Can you post a video of this please?

Do you have any driving assists enabled?
    Do you have automatic pit stops activated?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1