Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Serious Gearing Issue Ruining Game

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Manual pit stop didn’t fix it, and changing controller I thought fixed it but no it happened again about 10 minutes into qualification.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Apparently my reply to this didnít post yesterday. Manual pit stop and another controller also donít fix the issue.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysticp0t4t0 View Post
    Apparently my reply to this didn’t post yesterday. Manual pit stop and another controller also don’t fix the issue.
    I see it right above your posting?
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PS4
    I could have sworn having Automatic Clutch to "OFF" was the problem. But then you said you tried setting it to "ON", it worked for a bit and later the problem returned.
    I use a wheel, not a pad like you, and I have Clutch to "Automatic".....Gearing "Manual" which works for me.
    Reason I thought having Clutch to "Manual" was the problem is because I think I read if you have Clutch to "Manual" some problems could occur, for example if you stall etc the car would not start on its own and you have to manually press or engage some button (which you have to map) to get it started again. Thought it may have been related somehow.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If it stalls I have the automatic car start setting on which deals with that I just have to press the clutch down in order to start moving which is fine.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Yes you have read that, but it has been clarified a few times already that the clutch is working fine in pC2.
    Thanks for the clarification.
    Epson 4K Projector/100" Elite Screen/Xbox One X/Fanatec V2.5/CSL Elite Pedals w/LC/Trak-Racer RS8 Rig/
    *****For Sale Thrustmaster TX458 Italia wheel w/Pedals cheap. PM me for info*****

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Anyone got any more ideas? If not I may try to contact someone for a refund

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X

Same Old Glitch - No Solution Found as Yet

Hi, I’ve been searching for a solution to a bug I’ve been experiencing for a while now and have had no joy. I’ve posted a thread here and on reddit and tried seemingly every possible solution that hasn’t fixed it. I’ve reinstalled, reset, fiddled with all my settings, tried different controllers etc and sill nothing.

My problem is that my car decides at sometimes random, sometimes recurring intervals within a session to stop changing gear. I can’t change out of the gear I’m in anymore, ruining my session. In practice and qualifying I can fix it temporarily by returning to the pit box but there’s no guarantee that I’ll even get a full lap in before it happens again. I was told on this forum I was the only person reporting this bug too, which makes it even worse.

It got to the point where I even emailed the studio about it, telling them that I’d been through all the normal channels and was frustrated at having spent £50 on frankly, a broken product. I can’t use the product I’ve paid for and therefore feel somewhat cheated. I have had zero response whatsoever other than automated replies to my emails which I am not happy with. Am I expected to just sit back and say **** it my game is completely broken and that’s £50 down the drain?

If anyone has any ideas please help, this is an absolute joke at this point.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 17-08-2018 at 05:29. Reason: swearing removed

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I wonder what could be causing you to experience that issue? Does it happen to you in all cars? Do you use a wheel? If so, which one? Give me a a full example of game settings for transmission type & auto clutch info/car/track/time of day/weather/practice length/qualify length/race length that this has happened. Sometime this weekend I'll see if I can replicate it.
    Last edited by nissan4ever; 17-08-2018 at 05:06.
    Project CARS 2 - Gold Member
    Xbox One X/Seagate USB 3.0 4TB/Netgear Nighthawk x6 AC3200/Thrustmaster TX/TM Leather 28 GT Rim/Wheel Stand Pro Deluxe V2/T3PA Pedals/Turtle Beach Elite Pro 2 + Superamp Pro/LG 43UH6500 4K UHD HDR Game Mode

Platform
    PC
    Threads merged.

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticp0t4t0 View Post
    Hi, I’ve been searching for a solution to a bug I’ve been experiencing for a while now and have had no joy. I’ve posted a thread here and on reddit and tried seemingly every possible solution that hasn’t fixed it. I’ve reinstalled, reset, fiddled with all my settings, tried different controllers etc and sill nothing.

My problem is that my car decides at sometimes random, sometimes recurring intervals within a session to stop changing gear. I can’t change out of the gear I’m in anymore, ruining my session. In practice and qualifying I can fix it temporarily by returning to the pit box but there’s no guarantee that I’ll even get a full lap in before it happens again. I was told on this forum I was the only person reporting this bug too, which makes it even worse.

It got to the point where I even emailed the studio about it, telling them that I’d been through all the normal channels and was frustrated at having spent £50 on frankly, a broken product. I can’t use the product I’ve paid for and therefore feel somewhat cheated. I have had zero response whatsoever other than automated replies to my emails which I am not happy with. Am I expected to just sit back and say **** it my game is completely broken and that’s £50 down the drain?

If anyone has any ideas please help, this is an absolute joke at this point.
    Your issue is indeed a really strange one and unfortunately you're still the only one reporting it.
    I would've put money into it being a hardware issue but since you changed controllers already and by the fact that you can rectify it by simply returning to pits I'm not sure about this.
    It COULD be your input controller on your XBOX but that's just a wild guess.

Have you tried updating your controller already?
    Have you already tried one of the newer XB1 controllers (the one with the 3.5mm headphone input)?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1