Thread: Controller Settings..

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Controller Settings..

I know theres a few videos on this. I'm looking for some help on a non twitchy setting. I want to push the car, but i feel the controller might let me down a bit. I know someone has the perfect controller setting. I'm just asking for your help.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1
    First make sure your opposite lock help option is off. That makes the car super twitchy in my gameplay. For me The default setting seems to be the best and I have tried all the combinations. The only thing I actually adjust is I lower the steering sensitivity to 0, and throttle sensitivity to 0.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I could use a good controller setting as well. Indeed there are videos out but they are mostly made in patch 1.0 which is not really relevant anymore. I tried fiddling with the controller settings myself a while ago (patch 1 or 2) and back then my conclusion was also that the default setting works best.
    I own the game for both Xbox One and PS4 and on the PS4 I also invested some time in giving the motion control a try, it works brilliant in GT Sport but in Project CARS 2 I couldn’t get a satisfying result. It also requires you to drastically change the default settings since you will use them different than how SMS calibrated their default settings. I think it’s possible to pull it off though but I think once you have it right for 1 vehicle, it’s messed up for another one. I suppose different cars have different wheel angles of rotation (compared to steering wheel rotation) and when playing with a wheel you get a feeling for that, when playing with controller using motion control I think it’s either very hard or else nearly impossible.

I also noticed the default controller settings on PS4 and Xbox One are identical so I guess when you hook up a controller to the PC it will use the same ones as well. So if someone has good controller settings for one platform I’m sure it will work great for the other as well.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Hi I've myself struggle with the settings in PC2! Got them great in PC1 although lots of people didn't like the settings so my be everyone's controller is a bit different! These are as good as I have for now but remember car setups also contribute to the cars twichyness.
    Steering Deadzone 0
    Steering sensitivity 50
    Throttle deadzone 10
    Throttle sensitivity 50
    Brake deadzone 10
    Brake sensitivity 50
    Clutch deadzone 0
    Clutch sensitivity 50
    Speed sensitivity 95
    Controller dampening 95
    These are fine for me! But any help and I'll give them a go as I can't get them half as good as PC1. Good luck
    Clutch deadzone 0

Platform
    XBOX1
    I went the wrong way with this for a while.
    I had the steering deadzone set too high (as I thought this was causing the twitchiness) and the sensitivity too low.
    So what was happening was there was little or no steering input at the start of the stick travel and then suddenly "WAHEYYYYYY!!!!"
    Xbox One, WD Elements 3TB USB3 HD, Crewchief (Android), PCars Dash (iPad), cup of tea, digestive biscuits (plain chocolate, not milk), huge grin.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Plato99 View Post
    I went the wrong way with this for a while.
    I had the steering deadzone set too high (as I thought this was causing the twitchiness) and the sensitivity too low.
    So what was happening was there was little or no steering input at the start of the stick travel and then suddenly "WAHEYYYYYY!!!!"
    Yeah best to use the full 0-100 range for that. Except when your controller picks up slight inputs near the center (idle) when your thumb is resting on it and you want to drive straight on, then 1-100 up to 5-100 (depending how big the problem is).

Decreasing the 100 to 99 or a bit lower is only good in case your controller doesn’t give any steering anymore at the max input. Or when you use the sticks so precise you don’t use the full stick travel with your thumb.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa