Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: FH4, here comes Crew 2 killer

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    In all honesty (and it might just be because I live in the suburbs in the South East) the world looks beautiful but it doesn't reallly look like the UK

I can't quite put my finger on why though: the buildings seem very stereotypically English and all the road signs are perfect but the landscape and the environment just don't fit quite right, the roads look too wide and everything seems very open, the forrests look a bit too thin. It justs looks like there's something missing to make it look truly British
    I bet the Aussies felt the same about FH3 and the French and Italians felt the same about FH2. Playground Games for sure knows what real Britain looks like since it's right at their doorstep. But they also know the game needs to be a fun arcade racing game in the first place. Too many stereotypical buildings might look strange to the 5-10% of FH players that live in the UK, but it will make tons of sense and look familiar for those 90-95% of players that don't live there. The landscape and environment probably will look too colorful / bombastic / chaotic for you which makes sense as well, they need to crank a lot of variety into a relatively small sandbox to have an overall interesting map design and not something you get bored off within a week of playing. Wider-than-real roads make sense too, it's still in the first place an easy arcade racer and gamers who played the previous titles will need to feel at home here as well. Thin forests again make sense since you still have to fit cars through them.

I think the constant comparing between reality and the game is probably something that will "haunt" you in the game for a long time, until you get so used to the game from playing it so much you can disconnect it from reality. And I think for that reason people who don't live close to a FH location will enjoy it the most. I have never even been remotely close to Colorado (FH1) or Australia (FH3) and I enjoy those stereotype, bombastic and over-the-top maps. Southern Italy/France was already a bit closer to Belgium but still far away enough to enjoy it. Now with the game being in the UK, I bet a lot of the landscape and vegetation will look familiar but as far as villages and towns go, the stereotype architecture will fit in right away for me.

------

From all the bits and pieces of information I have collected about this game over the past week, I think this will absolutely be an amazing game, even a bigger step up from FH3 than FH3 was compared to FH2. FH3 brought Forzathon, auction house, blue print, new car groups instead of car classes as the main changes over FH2. On the flipside, that main selling point of "you are the boss" was a major let down, it didn't change the gameplay at all. The list of what will be different in FH4 compared to FH3 is already amazing. Some things I like a lot in particular:

* The seasons. This time the main selling point looks absolutely ace. The difference in graphics and audio will keep the visuals interesting for a longer time, since after 2 months of daily playing I was really bored with the FH3 map. The seasonal championships and events look fun and I also really like the fact that some places cannot be reached in some seasons (frozen lakes/rivers will probably give access to some new places you couldn't reach in other seasons, I already heard something about a barn find you can only reach in a certain season)
    * Forzathon Live. There will be hourly, daily and weekly challenges. And you don't get a car or gear anymore from them, you will get Forzathon live currency which you can use in the Forzathon shop. This is 100% THE solution for missing out on content because you go on holiday for 2 weeks. There would also be some new way to play that you automatically group together or something and do an event as a group, not sure how that would work exactly.
    * Improved route creator. In FH3 you could only create custom championships from the existing routes, it sounds like this time you can create the routes themselves custom. Absolutely ace if it is what I expect it to be!
    * Player houses, I don't want to get too hyped up since it sounds like this will just be like a Festival hub in previous games. So I don't expect much more than it being a teleport point, a garage access and a ForzaVista location. But still its nice to have 10 locations instead of the few in FH3.
    * Player clothing. The Crew 2 has it as well and I like it there too, it will be nice here as well.
    * Extra jobs and tasks. There was some mentioning about being a taxi driver, a stunt driver for a movie, etc. Sounds fun too even though in the end it will probably just be a race deep down below. But this could be a really nice way to keep some cutscenes going (and see your driver's outfit from 3rd person view), because in FH3 or previous games, as soon as you finished the main campaign you don't see any cutscenes anymore (unless maybe repeating showcase events, I never tried that)
    * The 72 player multiplayer, I'm not that much into FH multiplayer but having 72 players together in their map for their usual roaming around stuff sounds interesting.
    * Deformable mud! Sure this will not be a Spintires Mudrunner, but it's nice nonetheless.
    * Improved ultimate edition with 2 expansions included.
    * Also the release of 2 cars every week instead of the usual 7 cars every month is better as well IMO, together with the seasons and the weekly part of Forzathon Live this will probably turn the game into something you feel you will need to play at least on a weekly basis since every week things change quite a bit.
    * Probably a lot of those smaller things I forgot but combining all the bits and pieces together, I'm really hyped for the game! But first The Crew 2, that hype is just as big, heck even more since that release day is much closer.
    Last edited by breyzipp; 16-06-2018 at 10:07.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1
    Definitely shpuld be an exciting game from the gameplay perspective, and did I hear about a proper route creator being added too? That sounds pretty cool
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Yeah the route creator is the game changer for me. Its all the last game was missing and adds so much replayablility.

As for the location, the UK is more diverse than people suggest. I grew up in Essex and now live in Devon, and while everything I've seen so far looks nothing like what I grew up around, parts of where I am now have a remarkably similar feel to what they're showing in game. Wide open colourful countryside, tiny little cottages and villages that are hundreds of years old and look even older. It looks great in my opinion, and they're really capturing the best looking parts (except for missing Devon/Cornwall) of the UK.

It's a shame the roads are so wide, but Horizon games have always been like that and its not something I expect to change. They want 5 year olds to be able to drive a 270mph hypercar flat out without bumping into traffic on narrow roads constantly. My young nephew loves the Horizon games for that reason, and if I'm honest so do I.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Superkart Pilot
    My biggest issue is the fact that the map is no bigger than FH3 and I personally don't really fancy the idea of another virtual playgound that you can drive the entire perimiter of in the same time it takes me to navigate the streets of New York and drive half way to Chicago in TC2. For me the immersion level of open world driving is all about being given the ability to create any race of any size in any environment i care to choose and that's something FH4 isn't going to allow.
    But to each their own. Some prefer the hundreds of cars (of which most will only drive a select few) or the ability to paint their cars and either take them on a 6 mile road trip or just donut them at 150mph in the nearest field (or in front of the first player they encounter on the map) or just cruise around listening to music whilst obeying the ''in various amounts of metres bear right/left'' instructions from the chatty sat nav, whilst others prefer something a little bit more fulfilling.

Q:Why did the XB1 gamer cross the road?
    A:To render the graphics on the other side.
    Boris The Frog

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    In all honesty (and it might just be because I live in the suburbs in the South East) the world looks beautiful but it doesn't reallly look like the UK

I can't quite put my finger on why though: the buildings seem very stereotypically English and all the road signs are perfect but the landscape and the environment just don't fit quite right, the roads look too wide and everything seems very open, the forrests look a bit too thin. It justs looks like there's something missing to make it look truly British
    I'm kinda with you on this. You absolutely cannot race on B roads in this country without dying in a ball of fire and twisted metal. It seems too open. Although, I've spent a fair bit of time in the South West... the South Downs area really did remind me of that. Edinburgh looks good but, being a proud Glaswegian, if Glasgow isn't represented in some way I will be staging a protest (dirty TBC) outside Playground Games.
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Innerspace HQ View Post
    You absolutely cannot race on B roads in this country without dying in a ball of fire and twisted metal.
    Hah never been to Essex then? Everyone who drives here that is under 25 will try and race wherever there's some tarmac to be found
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621
    The following user likes this Post: Innerspace HQ

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Hah never been to Essex then? Everyone who drives here that is under 25 will try and race wherever there's some tarmac to be found
    You would be correct there. I haven't visited Essex, but I suspect that's true anywhere. Fannies, is what we call them here, but feel free to chose your own local variant! Hehe.

Any road that isn't motorway or carriageway in this country is bendy, twisty, turny, BUMPY and FULL OF POTHOLES - certainly not open or straight or even wide enough for two Lambos to come whooring it down side by side. I know realism isn't their thing, but believable should be!
    I used to play that pinball, I used to go outside. I had to spend my money, get on your bus and ride. I used to go out dancing, put on my high-heeled shoes. Get in my short black chevy, go on a downtown cruise. I feel a little bit mixed up, maybe I'm obsolete. All us pinball pool sharks, we just can't compete.

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    I bought an Xbox One S about 2 months ago to join my PS4 Pro in my living room. I have to confess that I bought this most because of Forza franchise and Alan Wake (retrocompatibility from X360). I bought Forza 7, Horizon 2,3, Alan Wake and Alan Wake American Nightmare. Right now Iīm playing Forza 7 and enjoying a lot. But I simply love the Horizon franchise. Iīm looking forward to play Horizon 4 because itīs in UK.

Everytime that I see TV shows that are in UK (like Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers), I always get amazed how beautiful are the countryside roads in the UK. Ok, most of the time raining (or always), but the landscape are something from other world. In general, roads are narrow, with a lot of green and shades of brown in both sides, two way, tons of curves...in other words, heaven for me. More than race in it, probably Iīll drive and admire it in Horizon 4. Better that this would be do this in real life: me, in a 2000īs Lotus Sprit, in UK countryside, driving, admiring, dreaming and singing "...And I feel like I'm breaking up, and I wanted to stay Headlights on the hillside, don't take me this way...". I donīt know why, but these UK countryside roads always inspire me...show me that something is still beautiful, pure... Since I canīt do that in real life, Horizon 4 will be enough for now.
    "One bourbon, one scotch, one beer..."

Platform
    PC
    It justs looks like there's something missing to make it look truly British
    Potholes?
    Roadworks?
    Speed camera's?
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce
    complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: breyzipp, Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by balderz002 View Post
    Potholes?
    Roadworks?
    Speed camera's?
    Maybe rain in all 4 seasons.
    enjoying the best of both worlds in my living room - XBox One X SE (+ Elite controller) & PS4 Pro (+ GT:Sport DS4)
    Samsung UE65JS8500L 65" 3D 4K HDR SUHD LED TV ~ Denon AVR-X1300W + 4x Canton CD1090, Canton CD1050, Canton Sub600 ~ Apple TV 4K ~ comfy sofa