Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: FH4, here comes Crew 2 killer

Platform
    PC
    It's set in the UK but there's no Vauxhall corsa's? also what was that hovercraft?
    PC Specs
    CPU: Intel core i7-4771, 3.5 GHz (haswell bridge) | Motherboard: Asus Z87-K | OS: Windows 10 Home 64*bit April update | Graphics card: Palit NVidia GTX 1070TI | Wheel & Shifter: Thurstmaster T500 RS with Fanatec CSL LC's and TH8A Shifter | RAM: 16GB DDR3 | I.S.P: Virgin Media VIVID 200 DRIVE: 1TB SSD

Flickr

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    There is your problem
    I see what you did there, point taken.
    The following user likes this Post: breyzipp

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    FH3's physics were convincing enough for me at least on a T500. The FFB was very decent(relatively) and using the HUD I could setup cars pretty effectively using i/m/o temps. Better physics would be... better, but being an openworld racer it's got no contest. To me it's more enjoyable than racing in circles. Not knowing what the next corner will be and nailing it gives me much more of an adrenaline rush than navigating a corner you know is there and nailing it for the upteenth time.

Basically it's a godsend that this series is finally available on the PC. On the other hand the main Forza series is overshadowed by better sims, so it desn't add anything for me personally.
    Last edited by MaximusN; 11-06-2018 at 10:59.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Andrew_WOT

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by breyzipp View Post
    Not a Crew 2 killer at all, way too small map size so you get bored easy. And you cannot take off into the sky or explore the world from the rivers, something I both enjoyed a lot in the Crew 2 beta.

Crew copy cat for sure, with the persistent world and player housing.

The graphics look great though, as we're used to from Forza trailers. And the player housing is nice as well. But England... it makes sense for the seasons and dynamic weather but it's way too close to home lol. I prefer the exotic far-away locations with tropical vegetation.

Either way, getting this game as well, Crew 2 end of June, FH4 beginning of October.
    FH3 was big enough, I just found the terrain and landscape boring. This looks far more interesting. After playing the Crew 2, I won't touch that with a long pole. I don't want boats or planes personally.

Then you probably have DLC, I liked FH3 DLC a lot... so the base game map shouldn't be the only thing to keep it interesting.

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by marts.sum View Post
    After playing the Crew 2, I won't touch that with a long pole. I don't want boats or planes personally.
    Me neither, including the bikes. I want to race with my wheel, the rest would be fine but in a separate game. It's just like GTA. If it were only incar with nice physics(and FFB support) I'd happily pay double for it. I'm not that interested in the on-foot stuff. And by that the extra freedom lessens the experience for me.

I hated when Driver 2 included on-foot for instance. They ruined the perfect game experience
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)

Platform
    PC
    Bannochbrae copy confirmed @0:41?
    Member of RevolutionSimRacing

New Rig: Board: Asus Crosshair VI Hero / CPU: AMD Ryzen R7 1700 @3,9Ghz/ GPU: KFA² GTX1080 EX OC / RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @2866 Mhz / PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 850W / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3Tb / SSD: OCZ ARC100 240 Gb + Crucial MX300 525 GB / Cooler: Corsair H110i / Case: NZXT Phantom 630 / Wheel: Fanatec CSL Elite + Clubsport Pedals V3 Inverted / OS: Win 10 x64 Pro
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDad View Post
    At 1:41 was that a hint of VR ?

FH3 was in my backyard still hasn't helped me enjoy it anymore than The Crew .
    I wish.

I would love for FH to have VR support, only time will tell.

As much as i love sim racers, i would love an arcade racer like FH in VR, it would be an amazing experience.

Im guessing until Xbox supports VR, we wont be seeing it on PC, which is a massive shame as i cant enjoy pancake racing games anymore.

Sadly i wont buy this FH, first in the series i wont buy, without VR its not worth playing in my opinion. Same goes for Codemasters F1.
    Steam: Francis013 / GPU: GTX 1080 / CPU: i7 6700k 4.5ghz / RAM: 16 GB / VR: Rift / Wheel: G29

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Looking forward to being so close to home.

Superkart Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    FH3's physics were convincing enough for me at least on a T500. The FFB was very decent(relatively) and using the HUD I could setup cars pretty effectively using i/m/o temps. Better physics would be... better, but being an openworld racer it's got no contest. To me it's more enjoyable than racing in circles. Not knowing what the next corner will be and nailing it gives me much more of an adrenaline rush than navigating a corner you know is there and nailing it for the upteenth time.

Basically it's a godsend that this series is finally available on the PC. On the other hand the main Forza series is overshadowed by better sims, so it desn't add anything for me personally.
    FH3 has the best. most convincing arcade physics out of everything I've tried to day.
    If they integrate physics and FFB improvement they've made to FM7 into FH4 (and from what I've heard, this is what happening), that would be a giant killer.
    Support for DirectInput devices like OSW is welcome too, EmuWheel might still work but too much hassle to setup.

Platform
    PC
    Does look like they've gone for the most stereotypical UK setting possible, it'll be interesting to see what the urban regions will be like though

And hopefully they can finally stick in a ractrack on one of the FH maps
    Car Photos Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...rs-you-spotted
    Tank Thread- http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...nk-s-Tank-talk
    Xbox Gamertag: tankbuster621
    Steam: Tank621