Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: I hope SMS expand length of online replay time.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quite honestly, given the intense focus on PC development, I don't assume anything when it comes to the console port. Design decisions that they can't get out of may have been taken way early in development before they considered the console development progression.

And, when it comes to a design decision that massively impacts even the narrow league focus the game has (just about everything that makes casual racing easy on other games has been either omitted or dropped on consoles), with respect to a maximum replay time of well under an hour (when their previous game had double the replay time), I would think that no less than Ian Bell himself (presumably not tied to an NDA, given how forthright the devs were with information until just recently) might want to chime in an give us an explanation, and, if not able to offer us a fix in this game, at the very least a hard and fast promise that this issue will not continue on the next PC game, and a brief description of how this happened.

You keep thinking that the current stony silence from the devs is the norm here, but it is easy to look at the early post release days (up until Patch4, if the truth be told) and see that the devs and the head guy himself seemed to have no issues explaining things in the past. So the NDA excuse doesn't really hold water.

But the bottom line about this (and several other issues) is, they are not new issues to PC2. Most of them were present in PC1. Either there's an explanation as to why they persist, and whether it is impossible for them to be fixed in PC3 due to platform restrictions, or we are going to have to assume they will never go away. Given the game's intense focus on organized leagues as the only way to find decent rooms to race in, a replay system completely useless to leagues running races longer than 40 minutes is only going to encourage the more serious player (apparently, the only player SMS care about) to look to other games that seem to find no problem with longer replays.

I doubt that is something SMS really want, is it?

The ball is in SMS's court. If they don't want people to assume things that fit the facts, if they don't want players migrating to other games without their issues, a bit of communication would go a long way.

You know, like they USED to...
    PS4Pro T150. 55" 4K TV. Playseat Challenge.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by simsimsheree View Post
    ... Ian Bell himself (presumably not tied to an NDA, ...
    You presumed wrongly. Not sure how you got the idea that if MS/Sony says "SMS cannot say anything publicly about XXXX", the SMS CEO does not need to stick to that?

You keep thinking that the current stony silence from the devs is the norm here, but it is easy to look at the early post release days (up until Patch4, if the truth be told) and see that the devs and the head guy himself seemed to have no issues explaining things in the past. So the NDA excuse doesn't really hold water.
    Actually it's the other way around, they've been too communicative about console things in the past. It's not coming back.

In addition, they have clearly indicated in the past that the way they have been and are being addressed sometimes on this forum has not encouraged them to continue the interaction, rather the opposite.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: ermo, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    If other console games can do offline saves, and SMS can't, are you REALLY telling me that Sony have anything to do with it?

There comes a time when explanations have to be plausible.
    PS4Pro T150. 55" 4K TV. Playseat Challenge.

Platform
    PC
    If other console games can do offline saves, and SMS can't, are you REALLY telling me that Sony have anything to do with it?

There comes a time when explanations have to be plausible.
    We were talking about the storage limit for cloud saves. If the question is cloud saves vs offline saves, then perhaps it's not an NDA thing but then the last sentence of my previous posting applies.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.