Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I hope SMS expand length of online replay time.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    These issues are also covered in these two threads (here and gtplanet):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-so-what-is-it

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...#post-12358074

In storage/save storage in ps4 settings each game has 1GB max storage.
    Replays, ghosts and setups all save in the same area,
    Replays are approx 200MB, ghosts 4.20MB and setups 3.15MB.
    Once the folder is full (showed 880MB on mine) you will not be able to create any more replay saves, ghosts OR setups.
    There is ALSO a hard limit on the number of setups allowed per car. Somewhere around the 52 figure.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    These issues are also covered in these two threads (here and gtplanet):

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...-so-what-is-it

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...#post-12358074

In storage/save storage in ps4 settings each game has 1GB max storage.
    Replays, ghosts and setups all save in the same area,
    Replays are approx 200MB, ghosts 4.20MB and setups 3.15MB.
    Once the folder is full (showed 880MB on mine) you will not be able to create any more replay saves, ghosts OR setups.
    There is ALSO a hard limit on the number of setups allowed per car. Somewhere around the 52 figure.
    Thank you sloppysmusic.I know that limitations in ps4.
    "In storage/save storage in ps4 settings each game has 1GB max storage." It is wrong. Sony sets no limitation of save size each game. I call Sony Support and confirmed that.Sony limited only 1000 saves per game. So SMS limit to 1GB, and i hope improvements come.
    Last edited by LtYpE; 14-06-2018 at 00:09.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LtYpE View Post
    Thank you sloppysmusic.I know that limitations in ps4.
    "In storage/save storage in ps4 settings each game has 1GB max storage." It is wrong. Sony sets no limitation of save size each game. I call Sony Support and confirmed that.Sony limited only 1000 saves per game. So SMS limit to 1GB, and i hope improvements come.
    We're talking about the game saving data in the cloud, which has a 1GB storage limit.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PS4
    Not sure if this has been answered anywhere before ....but....never had these issues on pcars 1 , is this something new from PS ? I had a ton of videos that were full length league races and a ton of setups .
    Replays were limited , but only after hours and hours of saves .
    So frustrating as someone's mentioned to try and steward league races and go to save some crucial changes before a race only to be told it's unable to save .
    What happened between the two games , did Sony suddenly impose a limit ?
    So frustrating to have the game working almost flawlessly and get this ....pcars 1 one we could save the replays and setups but the game let you down .
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx69 View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered anywhere before ....but....never had these issues on pcars 1 , is this something new from PS ? I had a ton of videos that were full length league races and a ton of setups .
    Replays were limited , but only after hours and hours of saves .
    So frustrating as someone's mentioned to try and steward league races and go to save some crucial changes before a race only to be told it's unable to save .
    What happened between the two games , did Sony suddenly impose a limit ?
    So frustrating to have the game working almost flawlessly and get this ....pcars 1 one we could save the replays and setups but the game let you down .
    PCARS 2 replay files are bigger because there's much more data being saved. That's why they're hitting the file size limit much earlier.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    PCARS 2 replay files are bigger because there's much more data being saved. That's why they're hitting the file size limit much earlier.
    Though pCARS 2 replay files are bigger in general, there seems to be another issue compared to pCARS 1. In pCARS 2, the replay files are being cut off at 264,9 MB - this definitely didn't happen in pCARS 1. In long races, we were still able to save replay files that were larger than this 264,9 MB limit that seems to be existent in pCARS 1.
    a.k.a. "Chief fast sock" // German Project CARS Community: www.pcars-forum.de
    The following user likes this Post: Kriig

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    What data exactly is so taxing on the file size ?
    I've saved 45 min replay with sixteen cars on track , in the dark , in a storm /rain /heavy fog and I've also only been able to save 45min replay with eight cars in clear weather.
    I'm not being argumentative , more inquisitive :/
    PS4 clean racing community MRC http://marmiteracingcommunity.enjin....cing-community
    race clean , race fair and respect your opponents

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by maxx69 View Post
    What data exactly is so taxing on the file size ?
    I've saved 45 min replay with sixteen cars on track , in the dark , in a storm /rain /heavy fog and I've also only been able to save 45min replay with eight cars in clear weather.
    I'm not being argumentative , more inquisitive :/
    Most likely Livetrack data.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    We're talking about the game saving data in the cloud, which has a 1GB storage limit.
    There isn't 1GB limit in the cloud now. There have been 1GB limit in the cloud till 2015. Old informations about saving data in the PS4 cloud.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by LtYpE View Post
    There isn't 1GB limit in the cloud now. There have been 1GB limit in the cloud till 2015. Old informations about saving data in the PS4 cloud.
    Just because the end user has a higher limit now doesn't mean Sony doesn't impose any limits on the developers.
    Last edited by Bealdor; 14-06-2018 at 12:58.

The following user likes this Post: Sankyo