Thread: Audio bug BMW 320 Group 5

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro

Audio bug BMW 320 Group 5

Hi guys,
    can't find a current PS4 bug reporting thread so posting here. This is NOT a post patch 6 bug, it has always been there since I had the game on PS4.

When driving the BMW 320 Gr5 car using a surround sound system the engine noise uses the front left speaker only. Currently using DTS on a home theater this means the car engine sounds from about 7 feet to my front left! This somewhat distracts from the impressiveness. I have a related question. Are most/all the engine sounds directed to the CENTER speaker by default in a 5.1/6.1/7.1 audio field? This would make most sense as in any stereo mix they would be coming dead center so no problem.

I tried the car out on my studio PC (stereo studio monitors) and the sound was slightly off center but didn't sound like it was coming from outside the car this time. More like on a line with the front headlight so it was no problem.

Admins:
    If there is a current bug reporting thread please post this there! Again it's NOT post patch 6.0 so nothing in that has created or changed this.

NOTE - havent tested PC 5.1 sound. If anyone has a surround PC setup would be interested to hear if the car had the same problem there.
    NO other car in the game has this problem so far, having tested quite a few so far.

Quote Originally Posted by sloppysmusic View Post
    Hi guys,
    can't find a current PS4 bug reporting thread so posting here. This is NOT a post patch 6 bug, it has always been there since I had the game on PS4.

When driving the BMW 320 Gr5 car using a surround sound system the engine noise uses the front left speaker only. Currently using DTS on a home theater this means the car engine sounds from about 7 feet to my front left! This somewhat distracts from the impressiveness. I have a related question. Are most/all the engine sounds directed to the CENTER speaker by default in a 5.1/6.1/7.1 audio field? This would make most sense as in any stereo mix they would be coming dead center so no problem.

I tried the car out on my studio PC (stereo studio monitors) and the sound was slightly off center but didn't sound like it was coming from outside the car this time. More like on a line with the front headlight so it was no problem.

Admins:
    If there is a current bug reporting thread please post this there! Again it's NOT post patch 6.0 so nothing in that has created or changed this.

NOTE - havent tested PC 5.1 sound. If anyone has a surround PC setup would be interested to hear if the car had the same problem there.
    NO other car in the game has this problem so far, having tested quite a few so far.
    Bugged and with the audio team. Ta.
    The following 3 users likes this Post: cluck, Sessionerror, sloppysmusic