Thread: Post patch 6, steering feels off. Winegum steering rod.

Platform
    PC

Question Post patch 6, steering feels off. Winegum steering rod.

After patch 6 (or 5 maybe) my steering feels off. It feels like the steering steering rod is made of winegum. Specially when exiting a corner it feels like the wheels still point into the the corner while I have my steering wheel strait again. So I have to countersteer just to exit the corner strait. It feels like there is some sort of delay in the steering, so it feels like my wheels are not connected to my steeringwheel, because of this I put to much steering input and have to overcompensate, wich makes the car very unstable. Sorry if this sounds a bit vague, but so does the steering...it kinda feels like driving a 2CV...

I feel this very strong on circuit de la Sarthe in a GT3. Also in private testing, so does not seem to be the same issue as with to much AI on the track on OG Xbox one.

Also I have the feeling I have to steer to much degrees, I would like the steering to be more direct. Almost 100 degrees steering input to get through the Porsche curb on le Mans doesnt feel right.

My setup: OG Xbox one. Thrustmaster TX leather.

Calibration 96/900
    Steering Deadzone 0
    Steering Sensitivity 50
    Speed Sensitivity 0
    Controller Damping 0

FFB settings (FFB feels fine)

Flavour Raw
    Gain 70
    Volume 50
    Tone 55
    Fx 50

Does anybody see something in my settings that explains my issue?

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I don't have any steering issues. I think the ffb is more detailed with a much more immediate feel, the opposite of your problems.

Regarding steering lock, well I doubt that is your problem, but if you want a faster wheel you need to change the steering ratio on the cars set up page.

DO NOT be tempted to set up your wheel with a lower dor, always use max of your wheel or the problems you are getting can occur.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaskarspants View Post
    I don't have any steering issues. I think the ffb is more detailed with a much more immediate feel, the opposite of your problems.

Regarding steering lock, well I doubt that is your problem, but if you want a faster wheel you need to change the steering ratio on the cars set up page.

DO NOT be tempted to set up your wheel with a lower dor, always use max of your wheel or the problems you are getting can occur.
    I have default DOR on my wheel, so 900. It feels very weird, cant get it fixed so far though.

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    If you want faster steering reduce the steering ration in the cars set up.
    Lower numbers are faster.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    I have default DOR on my wheel, so 900. It feels very weird, cant get it fixed so far though.
    Xbox recently came out with than an update for 120hz. Make sure this is off if you're using 1080p.

On your tv, make sure the input or setting is on game mode. Make sure all of the computer enhancements are off. (Film mode, smooth motion, etc.)

All of these settings can and more than likely will lead to input delay.
    The following user likes this Post: TomCat7

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post
    Xbox recently came out with than an update for 120hz. Make sure this is off if you're using 1080p.

On your tv, make sure the input or setting is on game mode. Make sure all of the computer enhancements are off. (Film mode, smooth motion, etc.)

All of these settings can and more than likely will lead to input delay.
    Thanks for the input.

Tv is on game mode, going to check if xbox is not on 120hz.
    The following user likes this Post: TheSimGirl