Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help with VR Settings

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Help with VR Settings

I have a rift, i5 4690k oc to 4.7 under water, GTX1080 slightly OC, 32gb corsair vengeance ram and running everything on an SSD.

However in this game I cannot for the life of me get a smooth 90fps, even with everything on LOW and 1ss, if there is anything more than 2 other cars on the track, FPS will jump down to 45fps.

I use the debug tool to disable Async spacewarp, but I still get locked to 45fps even with this disabled. Unless I look directly down at my legs where I can get 90fps, but I can't race staring at my legs.
    Trying to troubleshoot is annoying when it locks me to 45fps, because how the hell am I going to know how close I am to 90fps if it locks me down, bearing in mind i have the spacewarp disabled in debug tool while it still locks me to 45fps.

I specficially bought a 1080 for vr, before the TI variant come out. All other games run like a dream, including other cockpit games, apart from this game, I mean with everything on LOW it looks terrible worse than any of the truck sims but yet still I get locked to 45fps, also all the while my CPU usage AND gpu usage is both 99-100%!!! even on low. I thought at first maybe I am bottlenecked by my cpu, and in some cases I probably am, but then my GPU wouldn't be at 100% too if that were the case here.

I have been through numerous threads, and setup guides, all bringing no luck.

If anyone can help i'd be very much appreciative.

Banned
    Platform
    PC
    Have a look in this thread
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...d-General-tips
    You'll see even us with 1080ti's and i7 struggle with 90 fps .
    If you look back a Page or two you will find a post from me with my settings that get 90 with my system and a couple of vids to "prove" to some users that it is possible , lol

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    With 1 or 2 cars it shouldn't be locked at 45. The 1070 I have goes in and out of 45 depending on situation. I know with 6 AI at Lezpig it almost locked at 89-90fps for me on normal conditions.

You tried CTRL+1 on numpad? If I get double imaging in the menus and this weird kinda blur flicker on my rev lights in race, I'll press CTRL+1 and it gets itself out of lock.
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Bigdad
    Yes, yours was one of the threads I went through quite thoroughly and even if I set everything to low, theres not that much difference in FPS to everything on high/ultra.

Malcstar
    What does CTRL+1 do?
    The following user likes this Post: BigDad

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Supposed to disable ASW on the fly. The other numbers have functions too, it was posted somewhere here.

Usually if I'm out at the main menu switching through the tabs and the transitions in between are not smooth, I'll take off my headset and the fps counter is at 45fps. Once I press CTRL+1 it unlocks to 90fps and the transition between tabs become ultra smooth you can tell.
    Last edited by Malcstar; 12-06-2018 at 08:19. Reason: Elaborating
    I5 6600k @ 3.5/GTX 1070 8gb/16GB 2133 ram/Hybrid 2TB HDD/Oculus Rift CV1/Proscan 4K tv @ 60hz/inactivated windows 10/Thrustmaster TX/Alcantara wheel/T3PA Pro/TH8A.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcstar View Post
    Supposed to disable ASW on the fly. The other numbers have functions too, it was posted somewhere here.

Usually if I'm out at the main menu switching through the tabs and the transitions in between are not smooth, I'll take off my headset and the fps counter is at 45fps. Once I press CTRL+1 it unlocks to 90fps and the transition between tabs become ultra smooth you can tell.
    Ah right, I get 90fps in the menus and it's smooth for me, like I said I disabled ASW in debug tool. I think it has more to do with the 100% usage on both cpu and gpu

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Is it possible to get the game to run only on the headset and not on my TV as well at the same time simultaneously together? (without unplugging the TV)

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    add -vrnomirror in the steam startup options to disable the game output on the monitor
    | i7 6700 3.4Ghz (Turbo 4.0Ghz) | Asus Q170M-C Motherboard | 8Gb Ram DDR4 2133Mhz | EVGA GTX 1060 3GB SC | 250Gb SSD/500Gb Sata | Win 10 Pro |
    | Oculus Rift CV1 | 24inch @ 1920 x 1200 |
    | Thrustmaster TX | 599evo rim | Fanatec Clubsport V2 Pedals with Mugen Shock | TH8a shifter with Richmotech short Shift | WheelStand Pro |
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Gix916, rocho

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Another thing, it was also reported that some systems don't respond well to the debug tool and that switching the ASW option had no effect. Could be something overriding the tool. Also if you find the CTRL + 1 not working it might be because of the numblock is either on or off, I forget which one. And for what it's worth I run everything like I did for my RX480, so it's on the low end.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Do you also have 100% cpu usage malcstar, also having an i5?