Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Career mode help for a beginner

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

Career mode help for a beginner

Hi all

Iíve returned to Project Cars after playing and hating the first one (I got banned off the forum for it), and I must say the improvement in number 2, as a game pad user, is amazing, it really is. Iíd say am moderately good at racing games (usually have AI at 90 on F12017) but am really struggling on career mode on PCars 2, I have the AI at 70 and am 2 seconds off, all be it on Algarve where Iíve never raced. I do believe though my set up is to blame, so was after a few answers:

Is the engineer thing any good?
    Is there a way of getting set ups from other gamers for that track and car? (Algarve in a Lamborghini Super Trefeo)
    What differences would you have between a race set up and quili set, besides fuel?
    Is there somewhere online apart from YouTube thatís good for set ups?

Thanks

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I go for a slightly more aggressive setup in qually , one thatís more on the edge . Close brake ducts considerably and radiator , one or two laps to bring the temps up gently and then full attack for a lap then back it off a lap and then go again . Blinkngone helps with setups in the Garage section , Algarve is a tricky one for me also , Iím sure you will find those 2 seconds once you are completely familiar with it .

Ps . Try not to get banned this time , Yes there are frustrations but this is a great community with some great advice .
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Is the engineer thing any good? He is ok if you know what to tell him, go on youtube and watch car setup videos about suspension etc, plenty about.
    Is there a way of getting set ups from other gamers for that track and car? (Algarve in a Lamborghini Super Trefeo) Go on TT mode and race against one of the quickest guys, then go on Shared and use his setup in the game. His setup may not suit you so try a few or tweak your own.
    What differences would you have between a race set up and quili set, besides fuel? Depends on track conditions but for me very little if any
    Is there somewhere online apart from YouTube that’s good for set ups? See above

For me, default (Stable) is very good on more cars/tracks, you will find you can get most of the way towards quick laptimes using default. Its mainly about learning the track very well, braking points, turning points etc.

I have spent hours tweaking the car and I am maybe a second quicker over default, I have also done races on tracks I thought I was good at where everyone was locked to default and some guys were seconds a lap quicker than me. For example last night I did the AOR GT3 eval race at Imola, I was getting 1:47 with a slightly tweaked setup and that was the most I could do, the guys at the front were doing 1:42!! Afterwards I used there setup on TT mode to see what it was like and I hated it and couldn't use it at all.

Setup is good, but only for those last few seconds, practice practice practice practice practice and practice some more and it will come.

Besides that, I personally find a wheel much easier but I race using a pad on XB, and its difficult for me right as I havent used it much but some of the quickest people use pads.
    Last edited by Gav88888; 12-06-2018 at 06:53.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for the replies really appreciate it, yeah I think that not knowing the track is the major issue as I feel I could definitely bump that difficulty up a few notches in time, had to remember to lower the fuel load beforehand, can’t tell you how many times that caught me out on the first game

PS I got kicked off for causing a ruckus with the developer of the game for asking where was the advertised pit crews in the first game, I’ve found the general community really good

Platform
    PC
    How about this as a starting point? Thereīs plenty more on Yorkieīs channel.

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: JasonSandwich, Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yeah he’s good Yorkie, he’s really detailed so think while am still dipping my toe am gonna go for the more simplistic route, it’s nerdy and exciting the fact am having to change my driving style to suit the game again

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey Fazza View Post
    Thanks for the replies really appreciate it, yeah I think that not knowing the track is the major issue as I feel I could definitely bump that difficulty up a few notches in time
    Check out those videos from Yorkie too:

Episode 5: Learning New Tracks

Episode 10 - Baseline Setups

Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: Konan

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Also another thing, is there a difference in the teams you sign for in single spec series? Or is it purely cosmetic?

Platform
    PC
    It's a purely cosmetic choice.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks again guys, I’ll give all suggestions a whirl and hopefully start knocking a few seconds off
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Konan, PostBox981