Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS should not add more road cars...

Platform
    PS4 Pro

SMS should not add more road cars...

Or should they? I've been a firm believer that PCARS should be a proper Motorsport game and should limit the amount of road cars in the game also and the fact ive never really liked the way they have handled in both games compared to other titles that have road cars in them. Last night was a different story though and i spent 4 hours going round Knockhill and Oulton in nothing but road cars and they handled amazingly well! Now i dont know when the change happened that they became so great and so much fun to drive as i've barely touched the road cars since trying them out on release but it actually felt i was playing a much much better Forza or GT game.

So should they add more road cars? God dam without a doubt i'd welcome them with open arms!

Has anyone else changed their minds on them?
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.
    The following user likes this Post: RyokoMaruyama

I like them both. And the road cars in Pcars2 for me are so good as the race cars, both of them is a pleasure to drive. I like so much to drive in Pcars2 that i donīt find the need to play against other players (Wreckers)
    i7 5820K @ 4400 Water Cooled - Asus Deluxe x99 - 16GB DDR4 2800@3000 - 2x GTX980 (1477MHZ) - 3 Monitor 24" + 27" 1440p 100hz - Logitech G25 (modded pedals) + TH8A Shifter - OS Windows 10 Pro x64

Pedro Ferreira

WMD Member
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Or should they? I've been a firm believer that PCARS should be a proper Motorsport game and should limit the amount of road cars in the game also and the fact ive never really liked the way they have handled in both games compared to other titles that have road cars in them. Last night was a different story though and i spent 4 hours going round Knockhill and Oulton in nothing but road cars and they handled amazingly well! Now i dont know when the change happened that they became so great and so much fun to drive as i've barely touched the road cars since trying them out on release but it actually felt i was playing a much much better Forza or GT game.

So should they add more road cars? God dam without a doubt i'd welcome them with open arms!

I haven't - it's all about the race cars for me. Personally I'd be happy without any road cars at all, but I'm almost certainly in the minority there...
    System: Core i7-7700HQ @ 2.8GHz | 16GB RAM | GTX1070 (laptop) 8GB | 250GB M.2 + 960GB SSD + 2TB HDD| Win10 Home 64bit | Xbox 360 Controller | Oculus Rift CV1
    The following 5 users likes this Post: Fight-Test, Hugo Catarino, KANETAKER, rich1e I, Tar Heel

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post

Itís funny you say that imas I unpacked my wheel again the other day and did some mixed class road races at Caldwell park. Iím by no means an 80% difficulty guy as my wheels not mounted properly and I canít get aggressive with however I absolutely loved trying to hustle an old evo on pace with the likes of Astonís. Brilliant!!

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I think there's a good ratio between road and race cars, for me it's a pleasure driving both types.
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PC
    I don't drive road cars much but I think the game wouldn't be as good without them. They definitely require a different style of driving and until you make that adjustment, you won't have as much fun in them.
    "You need a good bra in the Karussell." -- Sabine Schmitz
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Jezza819, MrTulip

Platform
    PC
    Not a lot has really changed with the street cars (i.e. there have been more changes with the modern slicks over the patches).

I too was one that was not of fan of road cars. I spent a lot of time with PC1 surprisingly enjoying them on the smaller tracks. I do enjoy running street cars on Ruapuna... Like to setup long practice sessions with the street cars on that track as it feels just like a track day.
    Intel i7-4790K @4.4GHz | 16gb ram | 2x EVGA GTX 970 | 5040x1050 | Windows 8.1 64-bit | Thrustmaster TX Servo Base | Thrustmaster TH8A Shifter
    ProtoSimTech PT-1 Pedals | rSeat Evo V2 | 2x Buttkickers | SimVibe | Black Max II Button Controller | Sennheiser PC 360 Headset

Forum Rules
    PC2 FAQ & Tips
    The following 3 users likes this Post: ermo, mr.four, Sankyo

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Yes to both.

More please.

I would buy a second season DLC in heartbeat.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    G29 - CH fighterstick - CH pro throttle - CH pro pedals

Second rig: MSI gaming 5 z97 chipset - i7 4790k - 16GB 2400mhz RAM - 980ti.

Platform
    XBOX1
    Same here, couldn't care less about the road cars so please no more of them, but I can imagine manufacturers want game develpers to implement some of their road cars in games. The Porsche GT3 RS is really fun to drive though, really enjoyed driving it.

In the trophy cabinet, polishing my 2016 MVP trophy
    Platform
    PC
    If you haven't raced in the KTM X-Bow R, you haven't lived. Take that around one of the smaller, twistier tracks and smile the broadest smile
    PC Setup : Intel Core i5-8600K w/BeQuiet 240mm Silent Loop water cooler (overclocked to 4.5GHz) // MSI GTX 980 Gaming GPU // Asus Xonar DX PCI-E soundcard // Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 7 motherboard // 2 x 8GB Kingston HyperX DDR4-2666MHz RAM // Fractal Design Newton R3 800W PSU // Windows 10 64-bit // Fractal Design Define R4 case w/5 cooling fans // Logitech G29 wheel // Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals // Thrustmaster TH8RS shifter // NEC 24" LCD 2470WNX 1920x1200 60Hz // Oculus Rift DK2 // GT Omega Cockpit Pro w/extra bracing //
    The following 5 users likes this Post: cpcdem, EV3RY, IJOJOI, JasonSandwich, morpwr