Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: SMS should not add more road cars...

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Personally the lack of race cars in the forza series was part of the reason why I havn't bought the game since forza 4 (7 came free with the one x). Race cars are what it's all about for me, but I appreciate everyone is different.

Now maybe if SMS added motorbikes I'd be more likely to buy the game! Bikes are my passion for the road, I've owned and ridden far more bikes than cars, but that's all about performance vs price - you can't beat a bike on that measure!

More seriously I've never driven the road cars in either of the pc1 or 2, not interested. The decision of SMS to focus on tracks was the best decision ever made, no point in having in having a virtual garage full of cars if you have nowhere to drive them - more tracks please!
    The following user likes this Post: Plato99

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by chastewand View Post
    Personally the lack of race cars in the forza series was part of the reason why I havn't bought the game since forza 4 (7 came free with the one x). Race cars are what it's all about for me, but I appreciate everyone is different.

Now maybe if SMS added motorbikes I'd be more likely to buy the game! Bikes are my passion for the road, I've owned and ridden far more bikes than cars, but that's all about performance vs price - you can't beat a bike on that measure!

More seriously I've never driven the road cars in either of the pc1 or 2, not interested. The decision of SMS to focus on tracks was the best decision ever made, no point in having in having a virtual garage full of cars if you have nowhere to drive them - more tracks please!
    I appreciate everyone is different too, but I wouldn't like bikes in my car game one bit(the boats, bikes and planes in the Crew put me off severly too). If you think race vs road cars is apples and oranges, cars and bikes are apples and ants...
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following user likes this Post: Robhd

Platform
    PC
    Didnīt go through the whole thread, but... What I like about the road cars is all the details with the original dash boards they have. Take the Audi A1 at dawn and then turn the lights on and watch the interior and you know what I mean. Most of them really make me feel like driving a car I most likely will never be able to afford. So yes, I would happily accept more road cars as well as any race cars.
    CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K@4.2 GHz | Mainboard: MSI X99-A SLI Plus | RAM: 16GB DDR4-2400 | GPU: nVidia Geforce GTX 1080 ti Founders Edition @+100 MHz | Oculus Rift CV1 | Operating System: Windows 10 Home x64 | Controls: Fanatec ClubSport Wheel Base V2.5 / Forza Motorsport Wheel / Clubsport Pedals V3 / ClubSport Shifter SQ

In case youīre looking for some clean and relaxed online racing, take a look at this: www.malzbierbude.de
    The following 2 users likes this Post: banner77amc, cpcdem

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusN View Post
    I appreciate everyone is different too, but I wouldn't like bikes in my car game one bit(the boats, bikes and planes in the Crew put me off severly too). If you think race vs road cars is apples and oranges, cars and bikes are apples and ants...
    The comment about bikes was a joke based around what people drive and the appeal of thrashing your own virtual road car around a track. I don't really want to have bikes in project cars! Besides I own the game, the best and most realistic racing sim available for consoles, and that's the appeal.
    Last edited by chastewand; 14-06-2018 at 10:37.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PS4
    Im with OP on this, I have a road car parked outside, its shit and slow.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by OperatorWay View Post
    Project C.A.R.S. = "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" ...To my knowledge, there aren't many (if any) sanctioning bodies in motorsport running racing championships for bone-stock road cars.

LOL! Having my own opinions & preferences does not mean I'm a "selfish tyrant." That's quite an amazing leap.

If this game/series fails, I highly doubt it will be because of its selection of content.
    A Laferrari is considered a road car. The P1 is considered a road car. The 918 spyder is considered a road car. These cars are faster around a circuit than most "race cars" needing nothing more than a set of tires to get it done. Now what?

Yes, actually it does make you selfish in the way you framed it. If you said "I prefer race cars" that would be an example of a non selfish preference. Saying "I vote to have only race cars and circuits, no more road cars and highways" is not the same thing considering what's already in the game. What's stopping you from avoiding the road cars and highways? What part am I missing? Guess what, I don't like oval tracks. So you know what I don't drive on? I definitely don't request the dev's take them out of the game because I don't like them, because that would be selfish. And no, that's not a leap. That's just common sense. The developers put these cars and tracks in the game for a reason. Just like the named the game (C.A.R.S.) . You can't have it both ways.

Also, road cars are actually challenging. If I'm going to lap with a GT3 or something, I basically need a cup of coffee and an adderall. Otherwise I'll fall asleep. And that's not a testament to me being good. It's a testament to how well those cars handle with all the aero.
    Last edited by shadybrady; 16-06-2018 at 00:52.
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

GT5 Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by rich1e I View Post
    Why would someone choose to race the AMG GT-R rather than its GT3 cousin? These cars are heavy, they handle worse, have less grip, downforce and brake worse, and honestly I doubt that the AC guys would've added so many SUVs and other cars if Maserati&Co. didn't ask them to do so in their deal. If someone likes cruising with an awesome supercar, it's totally fine. I enjoy that as well from time to time. Driving a legend like the XJ220 is pretty cool and the Porsche GT3 RS is actually a blast, but it's all about racing so why would someone prefer the GT3 RS over the GT3-R?
    There you go again, projecting your own preferences as some sort of 'ideal'.

For a start your idea of a road car & a race car seem somewhat narrow. Many of the race cars in this game do not have down force, good breaks etc and visa-versa.

By your logic they may as well cut out many of the vintage race cars as well?

Also you idea of what people do with road cars is somewhat narrow, in-fact i do wonder if you are just in here trolling, so i'm not going to waste any more time in here.
    Win 10 64//4.5g i7 Kaby Lake//gtx Titan x pascal//16gb 3200ram//Asus Maximux Hero IX//Oculus Rift//T300rs//TH8A
    The following user likes this Post: MaximusN

Close enough to enjoy the sounds of the TT-circuit
    Platform
    PC
    It's the basic problem with sims. Some people think having road cars in it 'ruins' the sim experience and fight for getting rid of them, but if the road car is well simulated it obviously does not(conflict with or ruin the sim). It also doesn't meddle with any of the real race classes within that sim so I don't get why they get so worked up anyway.

There are a bunch of road cars in PC1/2 that I like driving better than a whole bunch of race cars in PC1/2. They are just a hell of a lot more enjoyable to drive. Same goes for Assetto and rFactor2 btw.
    Let's change the world today with a whisper
    CSW 2.5, 918 Wheel, V3 pedals, INNO3D 1080Ti, 4770K, 55" UHD LG/Vive
    /// MaximusDoriftus (Steam)
    The following 3 users likes this Post: Azure Flare, cpcdem, Robhd

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    IIrc most of the cars in road a are marked one out of three for control difficulty when really they should be three, the most difficult.
    Cockpit view. 28 inch distance to 58 inch 4k HDR TV. Proper fov, 65. World movement 50, all other camera movement, 0. G920, shifter, Raw, 100, 40-60, 15-35, 0. Assists, all off. Currently play 90-120/100 AI. 10-20 lap quick races, some tt. Decent hifi, big speakers. Home made rig.
    You Tube Channel, recording my attempts to beat the AI at 120/100.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAW...nmkXnpurVpNxzQ

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I would like to see more road cars in the game, but possibly racing in their own classes /categories? Part of the reason i enjoy this element is the very night and day difference between road and race cars... You go gee this road car is fun/quick... Then hop into a full blown race car and its WTF..OMG!... See, thats called...wait for it...F..U..N!