Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SMS should not add more road cars...

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Tank621 View Post
    As much as I don't care for road cars I have no problem with them being there

I do sometimes enjoy the lower tier road cars like the GT86 just a fun little though but I would still rather have more classic race cars before anything else

Totally agree. Once in awhile the road cars are fun for a more relaxing run. Id love to see them fill out the trans am class with some more american cars.
    MOBO: asus rog maximus x hero / CPU: intel i7 8700k 5.1ghz / RAM:corsair platinum 32GB DDR4 3866-ocd4000 / COOLING: thermaltake floe 360 / GPU: asus GeForce gtx1080ti oc / PSU: evga super nova 850g2 / STORAGE: Samsung evo 500gb- Samsung evo 1tb / CASE: thermaltake core x71 / RIG:Gt omega /SimRacing Bay 30nm OSW / Heusinkveld pro pedals / Fanatec shifter /VR:rift / BACKUP: ps4 http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/
    The following user likes this Post: Tank621

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I've tried to get into road cars but I just can't enjoy them like I do race cars. But I certainly don't ever want to see a SMS game totally without them.
    Xbox 1 X - Fanatec CSW V2 wheel - Fanatec V3 pedals

Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by cluck View Post
    If you haven't raced in the KTM X-Bow R, you haven't lived. Take that around one of the smaller, twistier tracks and smile the broadest smile
    Just took it round Monaco 20 laps with just 5 AI...Amazing. Took a few laps to get used to it but once got the hang of it so much fun.

So whats changed with road cars is it just the tyre model? Anytime i raced with them before they felt like i was driving an over inflated bouncy castle on wheels total contrast to now.
    A TV, Wheel, Pedals & Game.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by UkHardcore23 View Post
    Or should they? I've been a firm believer that PCARS should be a proper Motorsport game and should limit the amount of road cars in the game also and the fact ive never really liked the way they have handled in both games compared to other titles that have road cars in them. Last night was a different story though and i spent 4 hours going round Knockhill and Oulton in nothing but road cars and they handled amazingly well! Now i dont know when the change happened that they became so great and so much fun to drive as i've barely touched the road cars since trying them out on release but it actually felt i was playing a much much better Forza or GT game.

So should they add more road cars? God dam without a doubt i'd welcome them with open arms!

Has anyone else changed their minds on them?
    Honestly people like you drive me crazy. The whole "proper motorsports" thing is so absurdly bizarre I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you can create your own experience in this game. You don't need the game to limit your options in order to have an experience. If you don't want to use road cars, then don't. I myself spend more time in the road cars than I do any of the other cars. So yes, I would like to see more road cars. Do you know why that is? There are no real competitors for this game on PC that aren't ancient. Forza is an off the wall arcade game that doesn't give me any satisfaction with regard to driving mechanics. I'm sure there are plenty of people just like myself who spend a lot of time in the road cars. Stop adding more road cars, and watch us all get bored and move away. That's not good for anybody, including yourself. The revenue used to add more of the features you personally enjoy, could perhaps come from some of the features you don't enjoy. You have to remember that, as well as what I mentioned earlier. There is nothing in this game that's stopping you from having "a proper motorsports" experience. Your virtual reality fantasy that is "proper motorsports experience" should not be forced on others, nor should you try. That's your fantasy man, not mine. If you're really that hard pressed to have a proper motorsports experience, go buy a car and find a track. Nobody's stopping you. Just so I'm clear, my issue with your post isn't about what you like or enjoy. It's the fact that your title implies taking away stuff that other folks enjoy. That's actually kinda gross.
    Last edited by shadybrady; 13-06-2018 at 01:00.
    The following user likes this Post: rosko

Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by shadybrady View Post
    Honestly people like you drive me crazy. The whole "proper motorsports" thing is so absurdly bizarre I don't even know where to begin. First of all, you can create your own experience in this game. You don't need the game to limit your options in order to have an experience. If you don't want to use road cars, then don't. I myself spend more time in the road cars than I do any of the other cars. So yes, I would like to see more road cars. Do you know why that is? There are no real competitors for this game on PC that aren't ancient. Forza is an off the wall arcade game that doesn't give me any satisfaction with regard to driving mechanics. I'm sure there are plenty of people just like myself who spend a lot of time in the road cars. Stop adding more road cars, and watch us all get bored and move away. That's not good for anybody, including yourself. The revenue used to add more of the features you personally enjoy, could perhaps come from some of the features you don't enjoy. You have to remember that, as well as what I mentioned earlier. There is nothing in this game that's stopping you from having "a proper motorsports" experience. Your virtual reality fantasy that is "proper motorsports experience" should not be forced on others, nor should you try. That's your fantasy man, not mine. If you're really that hard pressed to have a proper motorsports experience, go buy a car and find a track. Nobody's stopping you.
    ummm did you read all of the post or did you just read the title and then post? cause they switch at the end and say they like road cars.
    Dell Inspiron 3647 small desktop - CPU - intel I3 4170 @ 3.7ghz Integrated GPU - Intel HD graphics 4400 memory - 4GB Single Channel DDR3 1600MHz HDD - 1TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive OS - Windows 10 64 bit old Emachines w3653 - CPU - intel Dual Core Celeron @ 1.6ghz Integrated GPU - Intel 945g memory - 2gb HDD - 320GB OS - Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by CPU M Rossi View Post
    ummm did you read all of the post or did you just read the title and then post? cause they switch at the end and say they like road cars.
    Yes I read the thread. I don't care if the title was click-bait and the author comes to conclude they enjoy road cars. The point of my post was with regard to this mindset of taking things away from people to fulfill some type of VR fantasy. I see people do this all the time in motorsports games. They think everybody is engaged in some knee-deep VR fantasy, and lose their minds if anybody gets in between them and their fantasy. Go on YouTube and watch some of the videos of British kids losing their minds when somebody taps their fender in a race. "oh my god!, how could you tap my fender?? That shows a lot about you as a person!". It's like these people are so invested in their fantasy , they don't think for a minute about anybody else. It's such a selfish mindset. That's what I was referring to. It's the idea that they even consider taking away things that other people enjoy that annoys me. As it should you. It's not the conclusion that's gross, it's the premise.
    Last edited by shadybrady; 13-06-2018 at 01:14.

Platform
    PC
    I vote for zero road cars & zero open-road/highway courses (except Nordschleife), and I vote to direct all those related resources solely to race/track cars & circuits.

(I'm not trying to imply nobody else's preferences matter - I'm only voicing my own preferences.)
    *Disclaimer: comments are only my own musings, not 'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Wheel: ThrustMaster T150
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Chaos 2.0 View Post
    EXACTLY!!! This "no road cars" idea, is rally dumb. We need MORE of them, not less.
    You're not understanding my point. I'm not a fan of road cars. But the point they're in is because the manufacturers want them in because of marketing.

Platform
    PC
    [QUOTE=OperatorWay;1518992]I vote for zero road cars & zero open-road/highway courses (except Nordschleife), and I vote to direct all those related resources solely to race/track cars & circuits.

(I'm not trying to imply nobody else's preferences matter - I'm only voicing my own preferences.)[/QUOTE

I would think about what this game sets out to accomplish, and then compare it to what you want it to be. The game doesn't even attempt to pigeon-hole itself into a specific genre. That's good. That means more people go out and buy the title, and support presumably one of the only developers in the industry who can actually get the driving mechanics right. If you make a game too niche, you lose a lot of public interest , and consequently can't even finance any of it anymore. That's why the game casts a wide enough net to begin with. I think they're doing an awesome job of finding a balance between what you're looking for, and what somebody like myself is looking for. Most of the cars in the game are already geared toward your style of racing. The fact that you wish to remove folks like myself from the game in order to obtain some sort of purist approach to motorsports circuit racing is as I stated before, selfish. Like I said, there's a great deal of difference between requesting more of what you prefer, and requesting a removal of something you don't, especially when the things you don't prefer aren't in your way. You could argue that resources spent refining road cars could otherwise be spent refining race/track cars, but I'd revert to my original point of losing a massive portion of consumers , and could put the entire series at risk of failing, or turning into a monthly/annual pay-per-play type of game. Which is why I express an interest in the things I like, rather than express an interest in taking away what you like. Now that's a vote. You didn't even really vote. You voted to be a tyrant. lol And that's not very Texanesque
    Last edited by shadybrady; 13-06-2018 at 02:52.

Platform
    PC
    I would think about what this game sets out to accomplish...
    Project C.A.R.S. = "Community Assisted Racing Simulator" ...To my knowledge, there aren't many (if any) sanctioning bodies in motorsport running racing championships for bone-stock road cars.

...The fact that you wish to remove folks like myself from the game in order to obtain some sort of purist approach to motorsports circuit racing is as I stated before, selfish... You voted to be a tyrant...
    LOL! Having my own opinions & preferences does not mean I'm a "selfish tyrant." That's quite an amazing leap.

...you lose a lot of public interest, and consequently can't even finance any of it anymore... losing a massive portion of consumers , and could put the entire series at risk of failing...
    If this game/series fails, I highly doubt it will be because of its selection of content.
    Last edited by OperatorWay; 13-06-2018 at 03:13.
    *Disclaimer: comments are only my own musings, not 'stating opinions as facts' or 'speaking for others.'
    Platform: desktop PC | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Wheel: ThrustMaster T150
    CPU: Intel i7-4790K 4GHz quad-core | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1866MHz
    Video card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB PCIe3.0x16 | Display: Asus VG248QE 24-inch 144Hz 1ms 1920x1080
    System SSD: Crucial MX200 250GB SATA3 | Game SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA3
    The following user likes this Post: Just Another Frog