Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: xbox one x + TM TX doesnt feel right

Hybrid View

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1

xbox one x + TM TX doesnt feel right

I need help with a few things. I seem to spend all my time trying to figure out FFB settings rather than race. I love this game so im not giving up! i have been reading many threads about a proper starting point for ffb. One in particular says to leave gain to 100, raw and adjust the volume, tone, fx accordingly. First off, setting gain that high is absolutely not playable and unrealistic. Its so twitchy, stiff and violent i feel like it will either burn out the motor or my rotator cuff! I brought down the volume etc... and still bad so, i started fresh and lowered the gain to where i had it previously, about 35 and adjusted the volume to 60, tone to 50, and fx to 15. Now it is drivable but doesnt fell great at all. The wheel is very notchy and loose at center and as a result, is easy for the car to wonder. (unable to feel the grip of the tires)
    The side load effect with a heavier setting is hard to find without the wheel feeling way to heavy at certain parts of tracks or when in a sweeping turn. I tried turning up the volume but it just gets heavy and and notchyness gets worse. Since FX has to do with bumps, i lowered that all the way thinking it could be that but the notchyness is still there. I tried re-calibrating etc. but have no had luck. It seems the only way the cars are drivable are with everything turned down low but have absolutly no feel. IS there an update or patch that i need to DL? im playing on the new x and it never says the game needs updating so im assuming its all up to date. How about the TX. does that have a latest software update that will help?I really love the game and want it to work. the fact that most have gain that high and mine is completely un playable when that high leads me to believe that something is wrong with my wheel...any sugguestions?

Thank you all.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Try and make sure the drivers on your wheel are the latest and update them if they aren’t , mines a T300 but my settings are : Raw , Gain 100 , Volume 25 , Tone 50 , FX 90/100 .

Platform
    PC
    First off all, make sure you calibrate the wheel correctly, (maybe stating the obvious, but a lot of people still get this wrong apparently). Rotate your wheel all the way clockwise or counterclockwise till you reach 96 to 100, press A, then re-centre your wheel (one and a quarter rotations back), then rotate your wheel 90 degrees to a value of around 900, press A.

My settings:

Flavour RAW
    GAIN 65 (keep it below 70 at all times, the TX base cannot handle more then 70)
    VOLUME between 45 and 60 (I use the lower values with longer races)
    TONE between 55 and 60
    FX 45

I have the latest firmware (version 2018_TTRS_1 from TM site).

Do not change the DOR on your TX base.

I still have some problems too with the TX and PC2, but that is more steering related and may be because of the OG Xbox, my FFB feels good.

Hope it helps!
    Last edited by zzjorzz; 12-06-2018 at 22:18.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    First off all, make sure you calibrate the wheel correctly, (maybe stating the obvious, but a lot of people still get this wrong apparently). Rotate your wheel all the way clockwise or counterclockwise till you reach 96 to 100, press A, then re-centre your wheel (one and a quarter rotations back), then rotate your wheel 90 degrees to a value of around 900, press A.

My settings:

Flavour RAW
    TONE between 55 and 60
    FX 45

I still have some problems too with the TX and PC2, but that is more steering related and may be because of the OG Xbox, my FFB feels good.

Hope it helps!
    This is an opinion based statement and far from the truth. Your TX wheel can handle 100%.

I and everyone I've helped use the same settings.

Raw
    Gain: 95
    Volume: 20-32 for most cars (Most GT3 are around 20-22)
    Tone: 90
    FX: 30

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I have done this however, do i have to do it everytime i start the game?

My settings:

Flavour RAW
    TONE between 55 and 60
    FX 45

Hope it helps!

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    I was running the stock RAW 100, 50, 50, 50 for ages without any real issues so there is no issue of the TX not handling it - the FFB is very strong at 100 and I originally liked it like that (but it is a little notchy), it wasn't until I got may PC recently and started playing PC2, AC, and RF2 on the PC that I realised exactly how smooth even the stock settings are in those games, so since then I have reduced all my settings to try and get it smoother. I set all FFB settings to 0 (turned it off) and then spend a few hours increasing each setting to see how it felt. Currently running RAW 70, 40, 50 35 but this is all down to personal preferences and taste.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Senser View Post
    I was running the stock RAW 100, 50, 50, 50 for ages without any real issues so there is no issue of the TX not handling it - the FFB is very strong at 100 and I originally liked it like that (but it is a little notchy), it wasn't until I got may PC recently and started playing PC2, AC, and RF2 on the PC that I realised exactly how smooth even the stock settings are in those games, so since then I have reduced all my settings to try and get it smoother. I set all FFB settings to 0 (turned it off) and then spend a few hours increasing each setting to see how it felt. Currently running RAW 70, 40, 50 35 but this is all down to personal preferences and taste.
    Both Trustmaster and Mardo Media, Holland's biggest sim racing stuff retailer stated that running PC2 with the TX with a GAIN over 75 will break the TX base. PC2 forces are very strong comparing with other games.

Platform
    PC
    Both Trustmaster and Mardo Media, Holland's biggest sim racing stuff retailer stated that running PC2 with the TX with a GAIN over 75 will break the TX base. PC2 forces are very strong comparing with other games.
    Where did you get that from? How can a company make a wheel that breaks if a game tries to utilize the full FFB strength/dynamic range of that wheel?! That would be a big design issue. Still possible though, but this needs some reference/proof.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Where did you get that from? How can a company make a wheel that breaks if a game tries to utilize the full FFB strength/dynamic range of that wheel?! That would be a big design issue. Still possible though, but this needs some reference/proof.
    Dear S...R.

For a better experience of this game we recommend to lower the settings for the Force Feedback effect.

In order to do this you need to open Force Feedback effects -> reduce to 70%. Check the game's manual if you can not find the Force Feedback settings in the menu and let us know if the problem persists.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,
    Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Emil

I cant post the Mardo mail as it states in the conditions that I am not to print, redistribute or publish emails send by them.
    The following user likes this Post: Sankyo

Platform
    PC
    Dear S...R.

For a better experience of this game we recommend to lower the settings for the Force Feedback effect.

In order to do this you need to open Force Feedback effects -> reduce to 70%. Check the game's manual if you can not find the Force Feedback settings in the menu and let us know if the problem persists.

To ensure the most efficient follow-up of your query, please answer directly to this email (do not open a new ticket).

Kind regards,
    Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Emil

I cant post the Mardo mail as it states in the conditions that I am not to print, redistribute or publish emails send by them.
    Thanks for sharing. It's still my opinion that the wheel's design is not right if customers cannot use the full range of the wheel, but that's not for me to dwell on further. The major point here is that an apology from TheSimGirl is in order as far as I'm concerned.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: zzjorzz