Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: xbox one x + TM TX doesnt feel right

WMD Member
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sankyo View Post
    Why would you get banned?
    And posting such an empty threat won't impress anyone.

BTW You're running Gain 95 but low Volume values of 20-22. So basically you're doing the same thing, i.e. limiting the strain on your wheel's FFB motor.
    Funny how things work out

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Update for my settings: i turned up up tone to get rid of the bumpyness/notchyness and i have feel and weight at center again. I also have the feel and weight mid corner feeling the tires grip and lateral g's. the only thing now is i feel like i have to turn the wheel a ton to make the car turn, especially in open cockpit gt cars. i dont want to mess with DOR. could this be the steering rack adjustment for each car that is to slow? Thanks

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by DansGTR View Post
    Update for my settings: i turned up up tone to get rid of the bumpyness/notchyness and i have feel and weight at center again. I also have the feel and weight mid corner feeling the tires grip and lateral g's. the only thing now is i feel like i have to turn the wheel a ton to make the car turn, especially in open cockpit gt cars. i dont want to mess with DOR. could this be the steering rack adjustment for each car that is to slow? Thanks
    Set wheel to 900 DOR, calibrate. Then set each cars steering ratio to your liking. Make sure on wheel sensitivity is set to 1 flash also.
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Why would you get banned?
    And posting such an empty threat won't impress anyone.

BTW You're running Gain 95 but low Volume values of 20-22. So basically you're doing the same thing, i.e. limiting the strain on your wheel's FFB motor.
    Exactly, I'm limiting the strain on my wheel, it other words, dialing it in. I'm not trying to find a number in which my wheel won't break.

The whole reason I said anything above 70 gain would not break your wheel. Being a moderator, you should be happy that people who don't have their options limited if they read incorrect info.

The only thing that will happen when setting gain so low is limit the strength of FFB the game will send. You may get great wheel weight, but horribly curb and bump feel. Then people will crank up FX and another thread will be created saying someone is getting rediculous wheel shake.

P.S. I couldn't care less what a rep from thrustmaster says. The reps are not engineers. They're not designers. They simply answer calls/emails and respond with whatever their screen tells them. Similar to calling your internet provider. Your modem could be on fire and they'll tell you to first reset it and see if it corrects your issue.
    Last edited by TheSimGirl; 14-06-2018 at 13:23.
    The following user likes this Post: Juiced46

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by DansGTR View Post
    I find that most cars feel great with a steering ratio of 12 to 13.5. This is a personal preference, but it helps many. Also note, when tuning, if you increase caster or significantly increase camber, you may have to reduce your volume a tad as this will make the wheel feel heavier.
    The following user likes this Post: DansGTR

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSimGirl View Post
    Exactly, I'm limiting the strain on my wheel, it other words, dialing it in. I'm not trying to find a number in which my wheel won't break.
    And how is 'limiting the strain on my wheel' not the same as 'find a number in which my wheel won't break'?

The whole reason I said anything above 70 gain would not break your wheel.
    Perhaps the recommendation from Thrustmaster to limit Gain to 70 makes sure that the wheel does not get strained too much irrespective of the other FFB settings? For you, Gain 95 doesn't strain your wheel too much because you're limiting Volume to 20-22. Someone who prefers Volume 100 with Gain 95 will risk straining the wheel too much. Thrustmaster only refers to Gain, implying that the other values can be freely set with that setting i.e. not limiting their wheel users in the other options. In your case, dialing Volume to 80 with Gain at 95 may have negative consequences for your wheel, so using Gain 95 automatically limits you in your choice of Volume (and maybe other settings).

Being a moderator, you should be happy that people who don't have their options limited if they read incorrect info.
    The info was correct, it's just you who interprets it wrongly.

The only thing that will happen when setting gain so low is limit the strength of FFB the game will send. You may get great wheel weight, but horribly curb and bump feel. Then people will crank up FX and another thread will be created saying someone is getting rediculous wheel shake.
    You're talking about the feeling of FFB, which is something completely different that strain on the FFB motor of the wheel (and subject to personal preference, too). Your settings give you an FFB feel that you prefer and also happen to limit strain on the wheel, but have nothing to do with Thrusmaster's recommendation of limiting Gain that will prevent too much strain on the wheel in every situation. Yes, that limits the set-up range of the wheel, but it's a bulletproof containment for their reliability problem.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following 4 users likes this Post: Bealdor, MaximusN, RobPhoboS, zzjorzz

Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by zzjorzz View Post
    You WOULD say that, cause your TX is still for sale No, just kiddin. I am glad it works for you. I dont know if the base would actually break with a GAIN over 75. I am just passing the message I got from TM on. I agree with you it also has to do with volume.
    I understand you are listening to what you are being told, but I highly doubt you will break the base. BTW I never had issues with my TX, it worked very well. I just wanted to upgrade.
    FOR SALE: Thrustmaster TX 458 Italia Wheel w/pedals. PM me for info

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC

Red face

And how is 'limiting the strain on my wheel' not the same as 'find a number in which my wheel won't break'?

Perhaps the recommendation from Thrustmaster to limit Gain to 70 makes sure that the wheel does not get strained too much irrespective of the other FFB settings? For you, Gain 95 doesn't strain your wheel too much because you're limiting Volume to 20-22. Someone who prefers Volume 100 with Gain 95 will risk straining the wheel too much. Thrustmaster only refers to Gain, implying that the other values can be freely set with that setting i.e. not limiting their wheel users in the other options. In your case, dialing Volume to 80 with Gain at 95 may have negative consequences for your wheel, so using Gain 95 automatically limits you in your choice of Volume (and maybe other settings).

The info was correct, it's just you who interprets it wrongly.

You're talking about the feeling of FFB, which is something completely different that strain on the FFB motor of the wheel (and subject to personal preference, too). Your settings give you an FFB feel that you prefer and also happen to limit strain on the wheel, but have nothing to do with Thrusmaster's recommendation of limiting Gain that will prevent too much strain on the wheel in every situation. Yes, that limits the set-up range of the wheel, but it's a bulletproof containment for their reliability problem.
    Okay, I give up lol. You believe whatever you want. I'll believe my years of experience, the thousands of people I've helped, and reality.

I wish you luck in helping people getting rid of their wheel shake. I will offer no more advice with wheel settings in this forum.

If anyone does want assistance with their wheel, tunes, etc...feel free to pm me, providing I don't get banned

Platform
    PC
    Okay, I give up lol. You believe whatever you want. I'll believe my years of experience, the thousands of people I've helped, and reality.

I wish you luck in helping people getting rid of their wheel shake. I will offer no more advice with wheel settings in this forum.

If anyone does want assistance with their wheel, tunes, etc...feel free to pm me, providing I don't get banned
    I don't know you, but i know i hate your elitist attitude. You obviously have no clue who you're talking to, Sankyo has probably more knowledge about wheels than you will ever have...

Do you really think we're all going to cry because you won't be helping anymore ??? This is hilarious
    MB ASUS Maximus VII Ranger / Proc : Intel Core i5 4690K / Ram : G.Skill Ares Blue Series 16 Go DDR3 2133 MHz CL9 / GC : MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING X / HDD : Seagate Desktop SSHD 2 To / OS : Windows 10 64-bit / VP SONY HW30ES / T500RS + 458 GTE / ClubSport Shifter SQ / ClubSport pedals V3
    The following 2 users likes this Post: Zaskarspants, zzjorzz

Platform
    PC

You're still confusing FFB tuning/optimization for personal taste with limiting FFB output for hardware preservation.

Quote Originally Posted by wesker6664 View Post
    I don't know you, but i know i hate your elitist attitude. You obviously have no clue who you're talking to, Sankyo has probably more knowledge about wheels than you will ever have...

Do you really think we're all going to cry because you won't be helping anymore ??? This is hilarious
    Let's move on now, nothing to see here.
    CPU i7 7700K | RAM Corsair 16GB 2400MHz | GPU Asus GTX1080 Ti OC 11GB | Mobo Asus Strix Z270H | Audio SB Zx @ 5.1/AKG K401 | OS Win 10 x64 | Screen LG 27EA63V-P 27" 1920x1080 | Controllers Fanatec CSW v2.5 + UH, CSP v3, CSS SQ, CSH | Misc TrackIR 4 Pro, Playseat Revolution, DS button box

With the right to say what you think comes the obligation to think about what you say.
    Don't take life too seriously. No-one gets out alive anyway.
    The following user likes this Post: wesker6664