Thread: ICM Pit Strategy

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC

ICM Pit Strategy

Hi,

I found some small detail with the pit strategy in the ICM Menu which i think should be corrected or optimised. When selecting the tyres in the ICM Menu, I can cycle through all compounds forward and backwards starting with "no tyre change" to "selected by weather". But the problem is, that I can only cycle through the end of all possibilities in one direction (right). When cycling left, it stops at "no tyre change". This means, when you press one time too often (right), you have to cycle through all the compounds again to get "selected by weather". This is quite distracting while driving.

I think this should be corrected that you can cycle in both directions without stoping left with "no change".

It's quite hard to describe as english isn't my native language. I think if you try this out you know what I mean, I also didn't found something similar described in the forum.

Greetings.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I'd love the ability to change tire pressures globally. Not individually to each tire 'cuz that would be too complicated. But, in under the Adjust Pit Strategy menu option, below tires, fuel and repair, there' be a tire pressure option to go up or down overall for all the tires. It'd be nice.
    The following 2 users likes this Post: chastewand, sas5320

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    I would think the main idea in how to use these, is you make your strategies before the race starts, and build several.
    One where you only refuel, one with fuel and recommended tire wear changes, perhaps repairs thrown in, then perhaps, depending on conditions one named "wet - low psi", "wet - high psi", "soft - low" etc etc.

And you don't really change these while driving you just select the one you want.
    Yes this could easily build to a few options, but you then just select a strategy from the menu and don't really edit one from scratch while trying to keep the car on the road.
    Main rig: Asus ROG - strix z370, i7 8700k, MSI 1080ti gaming x, 16GB 3200mhz DDR4
    Logitech g533 headset. 32" ultrawide - Oculus Rift CV1.
    G29 - CH fighterstick - CH pro throttle - CH pro pedals

Second rig: MSI gaming 5 z97 chipset - i7 4790k - 16GB 2400mhz RAM - 980ti.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by TorTorden View Post
    I would think the main idea in how to use these, is you make your strategies before the race starts, and build several.
    One where you only refuel, one with fuel and recommended tire wear changes, perhaps repairs thrown in, then perhaps, depending on conditions one named "wet - low psi", "wet - high psi", "soft - low" etc etc.
    The problem with this is that you can't plan for every single possible scenario, especially with live track changing the road surface with each passing minute. Sometimes the track temp increases a bit and the tire pressure needs to be lowered just .05 BAR, or something.

For the record, these are the saved pit strategies I always have. Fuel (for splash and dash), Tire (when I want to change tires but not refuel), Tire + Fuel (self-explanatory), and Damage (in case there's an accident and I have to repair)

From there, there are an infinite number of permutations of things that could happen, and you ALWAYS have to adjust the pit strategy chosen. Maybe you were planning on stopping for fuel and tires and you get into a big accident - now you gotta turn on damage repair. Maybe you've been running with slight aero damage, not enough to pit, but if your pitting for tires anyway, may as well stay a bit longer and get it fixed. Maybe you have too much fuel chosen for the splash and dash, so you gotta lower the amount of fuel being placed. etc, etc

Among those options, it'd be nice to globally change the tire pressures, because you can't predict how your tires will be handling 30 minutes into a race.

Platform
    PC
    I always enable aero and suspension repair in all of my strategies. If the damage is low the repair will be quick anyway.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following user likes this Post: AbeWoz