Thread: KERS

Platform
    XBOX1

Smile KERS

Just trying out the hybrids on Le Mans and I totally forgot about using KERS,what is the best time to use KERS to reach top end or to get an extra boost at top end?
    I was driving the Toyota TS050 Hybrid and my lap times are quite slow 3:35ish ai are about 3:30 80% difficulty.

Thanks

Platform
    PC
    http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...of-Le-Mans-DLC

Quote Originally Posted by Casey Ringley View Post
    LM P1H 2016 Hybrid use and strategy: One big difference for these 2016 cars is that we've changed the hybrid system to activate on button press rather than throttle input. Rules for the real car don't allow it to be on a button like this, but the real systems are becoming so complex that we can't really copy their action from throttle input alone; it worked fine for the simpler cars of 2014, but not now that everyone is in the high energy categories and working out better energy deployment strategies. Manually controlling the hybrid to match closer what we see done in the real thing has a significant effect on lap times. Avoiding any wasted energy on unimportant parts of the track and saving it for big burns made me about 4s per lap faster in the Porsche and 2s in the Audi; plus it gives a fun push-to-pass feature if you manage to save a little energy while racing closely with anyone.

The most effective hybrid strategy in these three cars tends to center around finding the slowest corners of a track and burn energy on the exit up to about 260-275km/h. Using more of the battery than that yields diminishing returns and is better saved for a slow spot elsewhere on the track. Run some practice laps at each track to see how the car recharges over a lap and where you might want to save hybrid energy to have a full boost out of the slowest corners.

Qualifying can change your strategy a bit too; consider Fuji as an example. In a race at Fuji, you would typically save up charge from the second half of a lap and boost out of the final corner to reach a 290km/h top speed early on the long, Start:Finish straight, doing this consistently lap after lap. In qualifying, however, you don’t care about the lap before or after and can use this to your advantage. Exit that last corner and accelerate to about 240km/h, only then using the hybrid for extra top speed of 310+ from the start-finish line into braking for the first corner. Then finish the lap with a long boost right out of the final corner for the best lap time. It doesn’t work for multiple laps in a row, but stringing together a fast second half of the straight to start a lap plus fast first half of the straight to end it shaved over 1s from my typical race pace lap time.

A similar quirk comes into play at Spa-Francorchamps. Rather than burn all of your energy our of La Source before Eau Rouge, save 50% charge or so for the Kemmel straight afterwards. It is a long, uphill run, and boosting to top speed immediately after Eau Rouge can be a huge win for your lap time. Every track will have unique strategy plays like this, so experiment and keep an eye out for what works best in both qualifying and race situations.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1
    The following 2 users likes this Post: hkraft300, Zaskarspants

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Whenever you want, use it several times per lap as it will refill when you brake. Brake hard and harvest more energy.
    Xbox one x, Thrustmaster Tx, Ferrari F1 add on, Ferrari 599XX EVO alacantara add on, T3pa pro pedals, Th8a shifter, Gt omega art cockpit, Samsung 49" Qled tv

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    I've been able to get a 3:25:14 with the TS050 Hybrid on Le Mans using the hybrid system when coming out of the chicanes onto straights as well as the straights prior to the Porsche curves.

add me @ I Am ZR1 to race sometimes

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerboy555 View Post
    Just trying out the hybrids on Le Mans and I totally forgot about using KERS,what is the best time to use KERS to reach top end or to get an extra boost at top end?
    I was driving the Toyota TS050 Hybrid and my lap times are quite slow 3:35ish ai are about 3:30 80% difficulty.

Thanks
    Matt York's latest video on YouTube is about this very subject and is well worth checking out (as are his other videos) and subscribing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZvibtuV764

Platform
    XBOX1
    Thanks for your comments.
    Had some more laps last night and knocked a few seconds off but ran out of time as I wanted to watch the Le Mans qualifying,my times are more like the LMP2 times in real life