Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Disconnected from multiplayer session"

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4

"Disconnected from multiplayer session"

Dear PC2 players

I have a huge issue while playing this encridable grate game online. I get disconnected all the time...

I am playing on PS4 so I will assume that ther can be no issue with the ps4 settings as I havent changed anything.

My initially thought was that something with the router settings could be the issueu. However I have no clue what it could be???

Actually the game is unplayable if I cant play online races as this is the most fun part for me. I just bought GT-sport and have driven some online races with no issues at all.
    I went back to my lovely PC2 game and bam... Disconnected...

Any suggestions?

Dont hessitate to ask further needed questions if necessary!

BR
    Steffan - Denmark

Platform
    PS4
    There's been lots of discussions about users experiencing this issue before. I can't point you to the respective discussion threads but maybe if you do a search you may be able to find them and supporting advice. The general consensus was it was mainly due to Pcars online server situation since the game doesn't operate on dedicated servers but rely on peer to peer connectivity whereby connection relies on each player's connection. GTsport in comparison has dedicated servers which is why you would hardly experience the problem playing online there.

But getting back to what helps maintaining a fairly decent connection to avoid getting disconnected, assuming you have a fairly decent internet download/upload package, is to have your internet router assigned a Static IP address aka "Port Forwarding" for the Console/game. What this does is it circumvents the game or console continually searching and sharing the IP address used for your other devices...Home Internet/computer, other devices etc. Having a Static IP address for the PS4/console or whatever then streamlines the process for a more stable connection. Others have said also having the router assigned a DMZ (Demilitarised ZONE) also helps. Perhaps they are inter-related.

If you own your own personal internet router you can have the port forwarding done yourself (it does take some learning though) or perhaps have someone more knowledgeable do it for you. You would have to know the router's log in details in order to log in and make such configuration changes though.
    If your router is supplied and owned by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) you would hardly be able to do it yourself as they would not authorise you or give you the router's log in details (username and password) in order to log in and make such configuration changes to their router (Company policy, which is understandable). Speaking from experience....

.....What I did was call my ISP, explain the situation to them for what I wanted to have done for the game...to have the necessary port forwarding done to the router to facilitate gaming re the connections issue and they did this for me from their end. They would do it if you ask them. Just be upfront and explain the situation. It is something they are familiar with with many gaming users. The best bet is they would assign an IT technician/CSR who would be familiar with gaming to attend to it.

As I said, this is what I had done when I was experiencing the issue and wanted to have a more stable connection and has worked famously since.
    Hope this is somewhat helpful in my explanation.
    Last edited by davidt33; 14-06-2018 at 10:37.
    PS4. Logitech G29 wheel. PSN ID: davidtsmith333

Platform
    PC
    David's advice is great. And you can also get some "how to" here...
    https://portforward.com/help/project-cars/
    Shneeb108 (Peter Stefani) i7-8750H 9GB SC / GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5 / 16GB DDR4 2666MHz / 250GB 970 EVO M.2 SSD / 1TB 860 EVO SSD / G920-GTEYE / Playseat Evo / Samsung UN48J6300-1080P / FFB- JS Std Mid Comp SoPDiff / RacingSIMTools.com - Member / GTR_Legion - Member
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hello David

First of all thank you for your comprehensive sharing!

I will definitely take a look at the static IP suggestion. Actually the router is supplied by my ISP but normally I should be able to connect to is and change the settings. However I do not feel competent to do it so I will give them a call.

The strange thing is that once in a while I am able to join a game (always the first game that day) and play through it all the way. Then the next games will be impossible either to connect to or I will be disconnected just when my car has left the pit lane. The same error every time.

I will give my internet provider a call and let you know if it helped. Furthermore I will try to make my PS4 having a static IP as well.

I will let you know if it helped.

Br
    Steffan
    The following user likes this Post: davidt33

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SRDK View Post
    .....Furthermore I will try to make my PS4 having a static IP as well.

I will let you know if it helped.

Br
    Steffan
    You're welcome Steffen. One thing, before you make any configuration changes to your PS4 on your own, let the ISP IT technician do their thing from their end. Then when they are finished and confirmed they've done whatever needs to be done and successful let them then guide you through on what to do on your end. The assigned technician or co-worker would have established communication with you and advise accordingly. The last thing you want to do is do something on your own end especially not being sure of what you are doing and screw things up in the process.

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    Hello again David

I have not tried to contact my service provider and they have confirmed that I have set up my internal router accordingly to the guide provided above... I gave my PS4 a static IP address and opened port

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
    UDP: 443, 3478-3479

I still cant join a game or I get disconnected just after the car is leavig the pit lane for qual or warm-up...

Any other suggestions you could come up with?

Br
    Steffan

Banned
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    One thing to note is that dedicated servers are only a GT Sport thing. GT5/6 used P2P and suffered very few issues compared to PC2.

Platform
    PS4
    Quote Originally Posted by SRDK View Post
    Hello again David

I have not tried to contact my service provider and they have confirmed that I have set up my internal router accordingly to the guide provided above... I gave my PS4 a static IP address and opened port

TCP: 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480
    UDP: 443, 3478-3479

I still cant join a game or I get disconnected just after the car is leavig the pit lane for qual or warm-up...

Any other suggestions you could come up with?

Br
    Steffan
    Strange. Most I can suggest is instead of you trying to configure a static IP address directly to or for your PS4 is that you do contact them and request them to do the port forwarding from their end....That is for them to log in to their supplied ISP router to do whatever port forwarding/assigning of static IP address for the PS4 (you will need to supply them with the IP address the PS4 is currently using. When the technician is attending to you if you fire up the PS4 or already have it on, they would be able to get the IP address as it should be using the same network).
    They should be able to advise you what to do from your end if you need to reset the console to to default or or connect via network "Automatic" or advise otherwise before or after they do their thing. Hope you get through as I could well imagine how frustrating the present circumstances are.

David.

Platform
    PS4
    You have been disconnected from the multiplayer session - WARNING SIGNS (investigating )

A friend of mine pointed out to me that before being disconnected he saw unusual icons in the lobby: some players had a disabled microphone icon but he had not turned off any player's microphone. Moreover, those same players had a completely green connection icon, as if the connection were perfect (at least for him... since we are connected P2P mode)
    My friend was not able to stay in the lobby... entering several times, being disconnected several times during qualifying session. At the end he was not able to race.

Here a picture (sorry for italian language)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PJC2 DSC lobby 1.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	257307

That was a private lobby but I had the same experience in a public lobby a few days ago: one player had a disabled mike icon... I was disconnected from the lobby after few minutes of qualifying

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PJC2 DSC lobby 2.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	176.0 KB 
ID:	257308

Actually both me and my friend have a good connection, optic fiber, good setup and we are disconnected from lobbies rarely.
    He suspects that there is an incompatibility of connections caused by a bad setting of the "disabled mike icon" user's connection
    In our league we are solving these situations improving connection setups for those users... and things are going much better now
    Somehow the "disabled mike icon" is our smoking gun

Was this already known? If not, can someone else confirm this?

Rookie
    Platform
    PS4
    It' a bug in the game, ruined my league race last night. Must be since the most recent update. Where is the quality testing when they roll out a new patch. It's a pretty fundamental test..does online work! If we don't see a fix in the next couple of weeks, then we'll move on, this developer cannot build a game that is fit for purpose. Big shame. PC1 was not as bad as this. Really, really poor