Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grip Bug

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1

Exclamation Grip Bug

Hello.

We had a race at Nurburgring Combined and the race was ruined.

There was private online race with 15 players (thanks for that we finally can race more than 10 players and it more or less stable now). All have last patch.

Cars: only GT3.

Race settings:

1. Duration type: Time
    2. Session Duration 02:20
    3. Date type: Custom Date
    4. Custom date: 12/05/2018
    5. Session start time: 15:00
    6. Time Progression: x10
    7. Season: Spring
    8. Weather slots: 3
    9. Forecast: Mid Cloud -> Thunder -> Fog&Rain
    10. Weather progression: Real

First of all to know: I and other players were practicing for this race for two weeks. There wasn't any problem with grip with the same lobby settings at custom race or private testing.
    But after we created private online lobby and started the race many players couldn't drive. Something were wrong with cars. There was so much less grip. Cars were spinning. My friends said it was like on ice!
    I had this issue too. I use a steering wheel but I also felt there was something wrong with grip. Players with gamepads left the race after 1-2 laps because it was not fun at all.

In general, the impressions were completely spoiled. Also I didn't have this issue in public lobbies. But maybe it's only at Nurburgring Combined cause the track is big.
    Anyway please you have to look at this issue. Cause after this race we are not sure to do next Endurance at LeMans.
    Last edited by Lakiboom; 14-06-2018 at 11:02.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    So looks like it's not because Nurburgring Combined. I've raced at Catalunya GP now in touring class. Private lobby. 14 players. 17/06/2018 Light Clouds. Very bad grip. I drifted all 10 laps.
    In qualification everything was ok and my left wheel was overheated as always on this track. But in race no overheating. All wheels were green. But i'm the drift king...

Help.

Platform
    PC
    What was your time progression setting this time?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    This sounds a bit like the problem experienced by guys on the original Xbox when things get a bit much for that console and the physics go to pot. Were the people experiencing the problem on the original Xbox or the X?

In the Vintage F1 Championship we had this same problem on that track and those on the original Xbox hag all sorts of problems. We found that we had to reduce the variables like weather and time progression, etc. to enable those guys to race properly with those of us on the X.
    Last edited by Hammerpgh; 17-06-2018 at 19:31.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: Sgt Formula 1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Second race the same lobby, same track and conditions but 11 players. And this time no problem. So random or because of there were less players than 14.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    What was your time progression setting this time?
    Real time progression.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    This sounds a bit like the problem experienced by guys on the original Xbox when things get a bit much for that console and the physics go to pot. Were the people experiencing the problem on the original Xbox or the X?
    I agree for the offline race with AI. But in online console has to calculate only your own car physics and synchronized livetrack.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Somewhat related.
    Is there any way to tell if any of the career races have time progression?? Because I still find the odd career race with a similar effect (I wouldn't say on ice, but definitely very low grip compared to any other benchmark)
    PSN: Atak-Kat44

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Atak Kat View Post
    Somewhat related.
    Is there any way to tell if any of the career races have time progression?? Because I still find the odd career race with a similar effect (I wouldn't say on ice, but definitely very low grip compared to any other benchmark)
    If you set race length to 100% there shouldn't be any time acceleration happening.
    The shorter you set the race the higher time and weather acceleration is set.
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    PS4 Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    If you set race length to 100% there shouldn't be any time acceleration happening.
    The shorter you set the race the higher time and weather acceleration is set.
    Thanks. Makes sense i guess. Of course, I am not doing 100%
    But some career races are fine, really fantastic. Others I find really strange grip and car behaviours compared to the AI.
    I wish I could go back and try specific career races I've done with different settings.
    PSN: Atak-Kat44