Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grip Bug

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Yesterday first race.

Platform
    PC
    What are your usual tire pressures for this car during qualifying?
    Main Rig: CPU I7 4790K@Stock | GPU Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB | RAM 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | MB Gigabyte GA-Z97X Gaming 3 | SSD Samsung 850 EVO 120GB | HDD Seagate SATA 1TB | O.S. Win 10 Pro 64bit | Wheel Logitech G27
    Second Rig: CPU Q6600@2,80GHz | GPU Nvidia GTX 460 1GB | RAM 4GB DDR2 800Mhz | MB ASUS P5Q SE2 | HDD WD SATA 320GB | O.S. Win 7 64bit
    STEAM ID: Bealdor

The forum search is a powerful tool, if you know how to use it...

Please check out our Project CARS 2 FAQ and Tips

PCARS 1 Known Issues threads: PC / PS4 / XB1

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bealdor View Post
    What are your usual tire pressures for this car during qualifying?
    I can check it later. But as you saw on video there was a feeling like I drove on cold tires. And as I said before at Catalunya GP front left tire always becomes very hot. But not this time for me.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Xbox s Fanatec v2.5 I find less grip in free practice and AI races. Time Trial is perfect and online league is hit and miss with some guys finding a real grip issue.
    I honestly feel there are still some serious bugs in grip level across the different race options.

I dont bother tuning cars in free practice as they are so different when taken online. Time Trial is the only testing tuning format that translates into on line league races

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    This is the same bug that has been referenced numerous times on this forum to little acceptance of the moderators. It is not tyre pressure issues. It is not damage carry over from previous sessions; had it occur multiple times from going straight to race. It doesn't occur when numbers are below 14, maybe a little effect at 14 however whenever the lobby is over 14 people it has happened to at least one or two people every time. This tends to be on OG xbox's the most however I believe its been reported on the X at times. Easy to reproduce. Just run a race with +14 people in which everyone is communicating with each other and ask people to report back someone will have issues 100% of the time, different people different times but it happens every time. Sometimes it can pop up at certain sections of the track; going into the hairpin before the back straight on COTA is the most obvious I've come across, and sometimes its in constant effect. Can a moderator/ developer please acknowledge this for once instead of trying to pass it off as setup or pressures please.
    The following user likes this Post: Lakiboom

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakiboom View Post
    I agree for the offline race with AI. But in online console has to calculate only your own car physics and synchronized livetrack.
    Agreed it is more of a problem offline due to the number of AI but at the combined Nordschliefe with weather effects enabled we also had similar odd grip and handing problems for those on the OG.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Just to try and add to this debate.
    I ran 1.16.8 in the fr35 Renault in TT on Red bull. I ran 32 laps over two sprints in our online league on red bull taking fast lap in the 17s both times. In free practice on red bull I can't get the car out the 18s almost 1.5sec difference free practice to TT.

Again this week same car I just ran 2.04.1 in free practice on SPA I switched to TT and have a 2.01.330 posted on SPA.

Clearly I didn't get 3 sec quicker in 5min. Something else is going on.
    Last edited by SRC Brian; 18-06-2018 at 20:49.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Biin View Post
    This is the same bug that has been referenced numerous times on this forum to little acceptance of the moderators. It is not tyre pressure issues. It is not damage carry over from previous sessions; had it occur multiple times from going straight to race. It doesn't occur when numbers are below 14, maybe a little effect at 14 however whenever the lobby is over 14 people it has happened to at least one or two people every time. This tends to be on OG xbox's the most however I believe its been reported on the X at times. Easy to reproduce. Just run a race with +14 people in which everyone is communicating with each other and ask people to report back someone will have issues 100% of the time, different people different times but it happens every time. Sometimes it can pop up at certain sections of the track; going into the hairpin before the back straight on COTA is the most obvious I've come across, and sometimes its in constant effect. Can a moderator/ developer please acknowledge this for once instead of trying to pass it off as setup or pressures please.
    See this post from Mahjik: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1503133

Incidentally, since then I have switched from XBOX to PC. The difference is night and day. In my career on the PC, I use 95% AI and 75% aggressiveness whereas on the XBOX I was at 75% AI and 60% aggressiveness. I may increase it more because I'm still faster than the AI.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 18-06-2018 at 23:04.
    You will never know how much it has cost my generation to preserve your freedom. I hope you will make a good use of it. --John Adams
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    See this post from Mahjik: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sho...=1#post1503133

Incidentally, since then I have switched from XBOX to PC. The difference is night and day. In my career on the PC, I use 95% AI and 75% aggressiveness whereas on the XBOX I was at 75% AI and 60% aggressiveness. I may increase it more because I'm still faster than the AI.
    Had not seen this thank you. But is this the same as online. The original post here, and what i am talking about, is the issues that arise from online racing with more than 14 people. Everyone else is talking about offline with ai which I've not attempted for several months now due to it being unplayable. They may be related but I wouldn't think so, why would I be processing the physics for other players online??

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Biin View Post
    Had not seen this thank you. But is this the same as online. The original post here, and what i am talking about, is the issues that arise from online racing with more than 14 people. Everyone else is talking about offline with ai which I've not attempted for several months now due to it being unplayable. They may be related but I wouldn't think so, why would I be processing the physics for other players online??
    Exactly. This thread is only about ONLINE. Also this issue came only with patch v6. I didn't have such problem before and didn't hear about it from people in our xbox club. But nowadays it's a big problem. No matter what car class and track there are always players who have this grip problem.
    Last edited by Lakiboom; 19-06-2018 at 10:57.