Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grip Bug

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by SRC Brian View Post
    Just to try and add to this debate.
    I ran 1.16.8 in the fr35 Renault in TT on Red bull. I ran 32 laps over two sprints in our online league on red bull taking fast lap in the 17s both times. In free practice on red bull I can't get the car out the 18s almost 1.5sec difference free practice to TT.

Again this week same car I just ran 2.04.1 in free practice on SPA I switched to TT and have a 2.01.330 posted on SPA.

Clearly I didn't get 3 sec quicker in 5min. Something else is going on.
    Is it not possible that this is due to the different conditions you may have been driving in between the two sessions or did you match the conditions from T to Practice?
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: Zaskarspants

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Biin View Post
    Had not seen this thank you. But is this the same as online. The original post here, and what i am talking about, is the issues that arise from online racing with more than 14 people. Everyone else is talking about offline with ai which I've not attempted for several months now due to it being unplayable. They may be related but I wouldn't think so, why would I be processing the physics for other players online??
    Why would two different bugs manifest themselves exactly the same way? They could be unrelated but that would strike me as an odd coincidence. In any case, carry on.

If you're going to fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and its starting to rain.
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition
    Thrustmaster T3PA Pro Pedals with Ricmotech Load Cell Mod | Wheelstand Pro v2

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpgh View Post
    Is it not possible that this is due to the different conditions you may have been driving in between the two sessions or did you match the conditions from T to Practice?
    Same conditions, I just ran again to double check. On TT 2.00.8, straight into free practice ran same 6 laps and could not best 2.02.7. Straight back to TT and ran 2.01.2 on my second flying lap.

Give it a try, the car is defiantly looser . R35 Formula Renault. Be interested to know if the Xbox X has same issue. Hopefully a simple fix in the next patch.
    Last edited by SRC Brian; 19-06-2018 at 17:35.
    Xbox X
    Fanatec v2.5 load cell, p1 and GT3 rims.
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Platform
    PC
    Tracks rubbered in in TT . Free practice starts green.

*OP, this is 100% the OG Xbox struggling with high grids, weather, time progression, etc. Schnizz58 nailed it on the head a page back.
    Project CARS 2 Driver Eye Youtube Playlist
    Current Rig: Monitor: Sharp 42" LED | VR: Oculus Rift CV1 | CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz | GPU:STRIX 1080TI OC | MB: ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING | Drives: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD + WD BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB @ 3200MHz | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | PSU: EVGA 850W G2 80+GOLD
    Hardware: Wheel: FAN PC HUB | Pedals: FAN V2 | Rim: FAN GT US
    The following user likes this Post: Hammerpgh

Kart Driver
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by beetes_juice View Post
    Tracks rubbered in in TT . Free practice starts green.

*OP, this is 100% the OG Xbox struggling with high grids, weather, time progression, etc. Schnizz58 nailed it on the head a page back.
    That might explain. Is this a fact or just a best guess mate?
    Xbox X
    Fanatec v2.5 load cell, p1 and GT3 rims.

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1 X
    Quote Originally Posted by SRC Brian View Post
    That might explain. Is this a fact or just a best guess mate?
    TT is at optimal conditions as far as I am aware. That's how i've always understood it anyway.
    2018 Indycar League on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...ar-league-2018
    Vintage F1 on pCars 2 - http://consoleracing.boards.net/boar...1-championship
    Xbox One X, TM Ferrari Italia 458 TX, Xrocker Gaming Chair, Samsung 30" TV, RsDash.
    The following user likes this Post: beetes_juice

Kart Driver
    Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    Why would two different bugs manifest themselves exactly the same way? They could be unrelated but that would strike me as an odd coincidence. In any case, carry on.
    This issue arising on OG xbox because of large grid size in single player makes sense, as I believe it was mentioned elsewhere there is a lot more calculations being done in order to generate the AI behaviour and their physics. But why does this carry over to online?

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by The Biin View Post
    This issue arising on OG xbox because of large grid size in single player makes sense, as I believe it was mentioned elsewhere there is a lot more calculations being done in order to generate the AI behaviour and their physics. But why does this carry over to online?
    The only thing I can think of is that the game still has to render the other cars. It doesn't have to calculate all the physics and everything behind that but it does have to take the current positions of the other cars and render them on your Xbox.

ETA: Or maybe it's actually a Livetrack issue.
    Last edited by Schnizz58; 21-06-2018 at 15:33.
    If you're going to fight, fight like you're the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark and its starting to rain.
    ASUS GL702VI-MH72 | Thrustmaster TX Wheel | Thrustmaster VG Ferrari 599XX EVO Wheel Alcantara Edition

Superkart Pilot
    Platform
    XBOX1
    Quote Originally Posted by Schnizz58 View Post
    The only thing I can think of is that the game still has to render the other cars. It doesn't have to calculate all the physics and everything behind that but it does have to take the current positions of the other cars and render them on your Xbox.
    I don't want to compare different game, but Forza7 - no problems with 24 cars online, Assetto Corsa also no problems. So other words you want to say that PC2 game engine is so much worse? I don't think so even with OG Xbox.

Platform
    PC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakiboom View Post
    I don't want to compare different game, but Forza7 - no problems with 24 cars online, Assetto Corsa also no problems. So other words you want to say that PC2 game engine is so much worse? I don't think so even with OG Xbox.
    Fine, what's your answer then? He asked me to speculate. I did. I obviously have no knowledge of the code so I'm just guessing here. I never said that the PC2 game engine sucked. Go put words in somebody else's mouth.
    The following user likes this Post: hkraft300